Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Idea - bidirectional runways or have 4 runways 2 going in opposit directions

My idea is that the airport could have 4 runways or the 2 runways could be bidirectional. What I mean bidirectional is that the 2 runways we have would have PAPI lights and approach lighting at both ends inside of ONLY left side. I think that there may be separate ILS's at each end.

This could be facilities by moving the Repair Base and Reserve Hanger along side the road and extend the Taxiway completely from the Terminal to the Operations Hanger, Repair Base, and Reserve Hangers.

This would ad a bit of realism to the airport. The reason you have bidirectional runways is that the wind direction can change. It would not be unusual for ATC to suddenly change the direction of the approach and pilots would actually brief both approach instead of ONLY the one they were planning.

My idea is that the airport could have 4 runways or the 2 runways could be bidirectional. What I mean bidirectional is that the 2 runways we have would have PAPI lights and approach lighting at both ends inside of ONLY left side. I think that there may be separate ILS's at each end.

This could be facilities by moving the Repair Base and Reserve Hanger along side the road and extend the Taxiway completely from the Terminal to the Operations Hanger, Repair Base, and Reserve Hangers.

This would ad a bit of realism to the airport. The reason you have bidirectional runways is that the wind direction can change. It would not be unusual for ATC to suddenly change the direction of the approach and pilots would actually brief both approach instead of ONLY the one they were planning.
Great idea, and more realistic - i'll vote for it!

simister77

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
0385ivbzg
Username
sim77
Actually for realism, the clouds should be flying right top corner to bottom left corner not. The current set-up is incorrect, and I guess many of us notice but don't say anything, because its a game lololol:ROFLMAO:. Of course, planes do not land or take off with the wind. cheers and happy flying.

Actually for realism, the clouds should be flying right top corner to bottom left corner not. The current set-up is incorrect, and I guess many of us notice but don't say anything, because its a game lololol:ROFLMAO:. Of course, planes do not land or take off with the wind. cheers and happy flying.
True enough. I didn't realize that fly right into the wind, not with the wind. I think the wind direction can sometimes change though. It can even cross the runways (crosswind). A good experienced pilot can overcome a crosswinds up to certain point but if it's a too powerful, they would refuse to land. There were quite a number of accidents where a pilot landed into a crosswind and it blew the plane right off the runway. Oh, no, don't tell me that I watched too many "Mayday, Air Disasters" :).

Incidentally, passengers can think that a plane has bounced when it lands in the rain. That is actually not the plane bouncing, but a pilot deliberately choosing to land firmly on the runway to disrupt hydroplaning on the runway.

Top Bottom