Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

I want to open a healthy discussion about "loyalty" to an alliance

Disclaimer and Qualifier - This has nothing to do with my current alliance where I am happy and have no problems. Rather, I want to open a discussion about what is meant by the "concept" of loyalty in this game as well as the limitations and nuances in the "concept" of "loyalty" including counter-principles. I also have to wonder if alliances may be expecting something that might be unrealistic particularly as one player elegantly put it, "Alliances are a buyer's market". It is so easy to attack me as "disloyal" or a "whiner" but I want to extend to actually THINK.

The way I see loyalty is like this:

1) You give alliance members priority when you gift being careful to Gift what they ask for.
2) You CONTRIBUTE to help achieve the alliance's GOALS. This means that you meet your Alliance's requirements or even EXCEED them. It could be completing "Alliance Mission Tasks" and/or meeting the minimum PAX count.
3) You give advice and perspectives to other alliance members, you try to do the right thing for the betterment or your alliance (even if it means leaving), sometimes, foregoing a benefit to yourself in the short term for the sake of your alliance ("take a bullet for the team"), and you do the best to be friendly to your fellow alliance members. It's often about RELATIONSHIPS (a fact that I feel is omitted in some of the Alliance Guides).
4) You stay in your alliance and sometimes, you try to judge your alliance fairly.

However, there are reasons why players may leave alliances that I would consider to be legitimate.

1) It becomes clear that the alliance's goals do NOT align with your goals in this game or run counter to those goals.
2) Sometimes, somebody (or even you) made a bad blunder that can NOT be put aside or it becomes impossible to continue the relationship in the game (or staying would make the situation worse). Sometimes, you can't get along or trust might be broken.
3) Some alliances are NOT very well run and if you realize that is the case.
4) Sometimes, you realize that you simply can NOT meet your alliance's goals or you have lost interest. Sometimes, other things take priorities.
5) You feel being in the "Alliance" simply is simply too toxic or playing this game is no longer serving you.

Д

Дима (gift)

+1 reason to leave the alliance is when the leader expels the majority of the members due to a single selfish change in the style of the game. Yes. It's like a priest who led a lot of people, but at one point he took off his pants and started jumping over the fire

Usually when you join an alliance you make sure the goals for the alliance and member align.
My experience has been that I have joined an alliance and then weeks or months later, something happened that causes you to reevaluate where your priorities really are.

I left two alliances when this happened. The first time was where I was in a good allience for people developing their facilities because there was a Task Completion requirement I had been exceeding. I had gotten a fourteenth stand while I was there and was REPEATEDLY getting a PAX count over 100,000 making me technically eligible for a TOP100 alliance and I wanted 1 "Alliance Destination Map". The second time was when I had completed Town Hall level 11 and I realized that I had completely leveled just about EVERY building that I could with coin up to the Maximum, I found I wasn't as interested in collecting coin as I once was, I was repeatedly getting a PAX count of 150,000, and I wanted more than one "Alliance Destination Maps". a week.

Let me say that two decisions were agonizingly difficult for me to make. I still recommend both alliences because I see that they serve different niches than the alliance I am currently. I consider such leaving to be a plain and simple, NO FAULT walkaway.

Last edited:
If you alliance is like the first 1-4, stay. If it is like the second lot, leave. What do you have in mind for a ‘bad blunder’ that cannot be rectified?
I can actually see several different things that could play out. Maybe someone in your alliance hijacked your launch, maybe an alliance leader had gotten you to switch to an alliance that does not have something you need such as the 50% coin bonus, some alliances might have cheaters or tell you how to cheat, or sometimes, a person can be verbally abusive to you. Sometimes, it could be a simple argument that has gotten way out of hand with a lot of sore feelings. Sometimes, it could be as simple as you feel you are being disrespected.

It's hard to your finger on it but you know it when you see it.

I think it's based on two reasons: first, the attitude of leaders and other members towards you,
and second, whether they abide by the common rules (it can be that some requirements of the alliance can be matched by your ability).
What is common is the general requirements of the alliance for the number of passengers per week of members and the alliance tasks achieved.

I think it's based on two reasons: first, the attitude of leaders and other members towards you,
and second, whether they abide by the common rules (it can be that some requirements of the alliance can be matched by your ability).
What is common is the general requirements of the alliance for the number of passengers per week of members and the alliance tasks achieved.
That's a fairly good summary. One thing I would add is that there are alliances where you don't communicate at all with anyone. If you are not in alliance, they will merely send you invite and hope you accept it. It's not a good way to run an alliance but I've seen it and started out in such an alliance. I decided to switch to another alliance because of that issue.

In this discussion, I think it would be helpful if we distinguish between a "No fault walkaway" verses a "run-away from the alliance NOW" type of quitting - run, don't walk.

Top Bottom