Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS I ask for advice: which buildings is better to obtain?

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
I have reached a point where the new buildings available are not very prolific in terms of coin production. I'm starting to focus on the rewards of space and adventure flights. Is there any advice you can give me? Like which collection and / or flight to focus on from the first moment?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
The buildings in your city aren't the biggest contributors to coins. Flights/launches are a bigger contributor but collections are bigger - especially landing guest planes.

In one day, I have over 80 000 coins from just the collections for landing guest planes (smart and smarter up to omnia mea mecum porto) and I wasn't playing much for the second half of yesterday.

I know landing guest planes is a pain but it's worth the time - especially during events when you can put on the spyglass from the event store.

Since this event started, I've built stand 10 (290 000) parking lot 9 (81 000), terminal section 9 (210 000), boarding bridge 10 (85 000) control tower 10 (1 400 000), runway 10 (500 000) and I have 500 000 in coins ready to spend. That's over 3 million coins. This is NOT from my commercial buildings

KhrysLo

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03zxknxet
Username
KhrysLo
The buildings in your city aren't the biggest contributors to coins. Flights/launches are a bigger contributor but collections are bigger - especially landing guest planes.

In one day, I have over 80 000 coins from just the collections for landing guest planes (smart and smarter up to omnia mea mecum porto) and I wasn't playing much for the second half of yesterday.

I know landing guest planes is a pain but it's worth the time - especially during events when you can put on the spyglass from the event store.

Since this event started, I've built stand 10 (290 000) parking lot 9 (81 000), terminal section 9 (210 000), boarding bridge 10 (85 000) control tower 10 (1 400 000), runway 10 (500 000) and I have 500 000 in coins ready to spend. That's over 3 million coins. This is NOT from my commercial buildings
That’s...wow. At this point for me that sounds like some kind of magic😯

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
Dear Chloe, I know your tactics very well and always apply it! I follow all your useful posts about guest landing. But besides this, I would like to understand if there are other objectives to start working on.
(thanks for the answers anyway!)

I have reached a point where the new buildings available are not very prolific in terms of coin production. I'm starting to focus on the rewards of space and adventure flights. Is there any advice you can give me? Like which collection and / or flight to focus on from the first moment?
I am not sure if my answer is exactly what you want... but I think I am at a level a bit higher than you, so I can give advice for your level that is currently within your reach. Also I have not seen your city, so maybe you have done these things... I will try my best and tell you what has helped me :)

1) Best advice I got from a high-level player in my previous alliance was to focus on *good* pax buildings (Mirror House, Modular House). You may not need them in everyday game play, but you will need them during map runs and later when you advance. Starting now removes pain later.

2) Other awesome advice from my previous alliance = build a "magic garden". It is a 2x2 empty square surrounded by those cheap little buildings that boost pax (you can get them through the Industries part of the shop -- i.e., Angel Monument, Small Lake). When your pax building is ready to collect, move it into the empty square and then collect it -- a basic one will boost pax by 55%. You can build on this pax boost over time by adding in other buildings around it that boost pax (i.e., Cloud Castle, etc).

3) Advice I am currently getting = Start getting more buildings that drop collection items. Go for Alien Legacy, Aztec Pyramid, etc.

4) Build at least 1 building of each type that people want to visit in your city. (i.e., I have 1 Research Lab, 1 Cosmic Fuel Station, Country House, etc). They may not be the most beneficial to you, but they help others, and that is one thing I love about this game!

5) My personal philosophy = don't forget to have fun! I am loving the new buildings I have from space map collections because they are pretty and are filling out my science/technology center of my city. They are not great for coins, but I don't just play this game to increase levels... I want to have fun too!

Hopefully that is helpful! Happy flying! :D

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I definitely got confused the first time I read this earlier. I read the title and assumed the post was about profitable coin buildings. In my sleep and coffee deprived state I obviously didn’t read the post correctly. :X3:

My advice depends on the way you want to go about it. I can elaborate on the below if you express an interest either way.

I would say there are 2 approaches to map flying. Either do it slow (no fuel for speed ups), or with instant returns. Instant returns needs a lot more fuel, but will be quicker.

Slow approach
For the slow approach, you want most, if not all of your fleet to be the same plane.
In this case, I would do both map sets at the same time, and work through them according to plane type rather than map type. This saves the unnecessary expense of buying and selling planes over and over. Activate the map, use 1 fuel catalyst per plane per map, and you can get 2 flights per plane per map. If you have 10 planes, 20 flights per map. This avoids a huge burden on fuel. Personally, I wouldn’t bother with bonuses using this approach as you will need a lot. The main downside is the number of maps you require, and the length of time it will take to complete collections. On the upside, the adventure and space maps have a pretty reasonable drop rate. Remember the maps from green launches need landing lamps. Maps from blue launches need additional radar or spare wire (if you look at the flight items in the warehouse, it will tell you which is for which. There is wiki too).

Rewards
Space, green maps
These give the emergency spaceport. 3x3, +50 population, 75 coins every 45 minutes. At my level, this is pretty useless, maybe different for you. It is a quick population boost, but still nothing on a grand hotel. You get the QLs too - however I suspect you don’t really have the resources to exploit this properly. Equally, there as so many people that do QL parties, you can easily tag along for a similar experience.

Space, blue launch maps.
These give space needle. 2x2, +50 population. A good population boost in a small space. 60 coin an hour. It’s okay...

Space, red launch maps.
These give Luna parks. 3x3, 520 coins every 12 hours. Max passengers +100. In my opinion these are very nice to have, but if you are lacking land, you will find yourself removing them from your city.

Adventure buildings.
These are all 3x3, +50 population, and 1 collectible item drop daily. Once you have a few of these, collections complete fairly quick and these are a vital source of bonuses. With a critical mass of them, you can do away with grand hotels too. The downside is the amount of land they consume. You really do need quite a lot before you notice the collections stacking up.

Fast approach
For this I would recommend flying at least 2 planes at a time, although I find you get better drops if you fly more and return them together.

I would recommend adventure over space. Gathering the collectible items early will help with bonuses, which in turn helps you progress faster once you have a critical mass of the buildings. Personally, I don’t see any of the space buildings as that valuable - more want than need.

Do the math before flying is what I would say. For adventure, you can either go for 1 of each building, 6 of each building, or in excess of that if you want more tokens. If you are doing map flying with instant returns, you will need to work out passenger numbers. As @Jenn B said above, a bonus square is a great way to easily increase your output.

Flying green launch maps
There are 5 destinations, so 5 maps that are required.
The way that I earn them is as follows;
Fly Owl planes to earn 100/100 landing lamps.
Each flight while the map is active requires 17 fuel to fly, and 34 fuel for an instant return. 51 fuel in total for a single flight. You have 100 flights, so to complete 100 flights in the 3 hours the map is active will require 5,100 fuel. This is the same as 255 F20 barrels, or 102 F50 barrels. F20 can be gifted from your neighbours, but this will go straight into your fuel bar so choose when to accept it wisely.
Once you have enough fuel and resources, activate one map, and fly until you deplete your landing lamp supply. I would expect to get 4-6 collections per 100 flights, 10+ collections if you use +300% bonus. (Note that the first time you fly this will likely be less, as you have 0 items collected for each collection, whereas I only need a single item to complete a collection).
Repeat this process for each of the 5 maps, and you will have 4+ QL bonuses.
This sounds really painful to begin with, but once you have done this a few times and have a few collections already complete, it is a pretty painless way to gain QLs.

There is loads of information about flying the first ‘set’ of adventure flights here:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/the-best-method-of-collecting-gold-tokens.29019/
Of particular note is the spreadsheet link, which has fuel and passenger number required to do 140 flights to each destination.

Last edited:

ArditoDesio

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03yxi0uma
Username
Ardito Desio
@Barkmi4 (Mike) , I was thinking about what you wrote:

"Fast approach
For this I would recommend flying at least 2 planes at a time, although I find you get better drops if you fly more and return them together."

Can you explain to me what exactly it means?
This morning I tried to make a fast approach to a map, and I saw that by fast-landing with the fuel 2 planes at a time, I had a better drop ...
Imagination or is there a sense?

amir77a

1000+ Star Club
Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
A77 items

The only possible method for doing so, is to play all day long. Even that is not enough.
I've made a simple experiment. I've landed a batch of 13 guest planes and calculated the total income from that batch. First batch yield 1877 coins (including collection income). Next round yields 521 coins.
So, for 1200 coins per batch on rough average, you need 833 batches for 1 million coins assuming a batch plane collection would take at least 5 minutes, you need roughly 4000 minutes for the 1 million coins collection. Assuming we have only 1440 minutes a day...
So.. I can't understand how you collect so many coins from guest planes.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
The only possible method for doing so, is to play all day long. Even that is not enough.
I've made a simple experiment. I've landed a batch of 13 guest planes and calculated the total income from that batch. First batch yield 1877 coins (including collection income). Next round yields 521 coins.
So, for 1200 coins per batch on rough average, you need 833 batches for 1 million coins assuming a batch plane collection would take at least 5 minutes, you need roughly 4000 minutes for the 1 million coins collection. Assuming we have only 1440 minutes a day...

If you use SpyGlass, you can easily get the collections that yield 2000 coins per collection.

When I’m doing Map Run, like 1-2 hours gameplay, I definitely can get 2000 coins per batch of 10 guest planes (on average).

If I have the bonus active for 24 hours, and keep landing them, I definitely can get 100K easily. Maybe even much more.

Chloe there said the first day she got 80K from Guest planes collection, that’s definitely possible.

I probably would never be able to get 3 Million coins within 14days of an event just by landing Guest Planes. But I don’t play as much too. So, I really can’t say whether it’s possible or not just because I never (and would never) try it. but 200K a day from landing guest planes seems doable if you’re online A LOT and using bonus to improve droprate.

Last edited:

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
@Barkmi4 (Mike) , I was thinking about what you wrote:

"Fast approach
For this I would recommend flying at least 2 planes at a time, although I find you get better drops if you fly more and return them together."

Can you explain to me what exactly it means?
This morning I tried to make a fast approach to a map, and I saw that by fast-landing with the fuel 2 planes at a time, I had a better drop ...
Imagination or is there a sense?
I don’t know for sure. The drop rate should be the same, but I think it is worse with 1. I have no numbers though. I normally do at least 2 planes at one time.

I don’t know for sure. The drop rate should be the same, but I think it is worse with 1. I have no numbers though. I normally do at least 2 planes at one time.
Also the psychological effect. I always run 2. Occasionally 3 but think I’m using more fuel, which is completely daft. Land 2x2 with no drop and then get one is definetly a better feeling than land 4 and then getting one. But I’m sure flying 2s does improve the rate. No proof and not prepared to collect it 1x1 just to see !

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
When you're landing guest planes with a spyglass, they are more likely to drop items from collections. Even if you can only land hawks, you get 1600 coins from the Chess Table collection. Once you start being able to land Jumbos, the Joy Ride collection is worth 2000 coins.

During events, I run spyglass constantly. I only buy the event buildings if I have enough event currency leftover.

Right now, I have the following to collect
- 10 smart and smarter
- 12 path to passion
- 22 the royal game
- 21 puzzles of the past
- 6 joy ride
- 11 the art of war
- 9 all flesh is grass
- 14 omnia mea mecum porto
- 9 snakes on a plane

That's 81,000 but doesn't include the other collections I've accumulated and am waiting to collect on

Top Bottom