Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How many buildings of one type?

One of my neighbours has "restyled" his city recently. How is this possible?
Is there no limit for this building?
In that case I would like to know how I can collect this amount of buildings?

Airport City 31-7-2020 08_17_12.png
Airport City 31-7-2020 08_17_26.png
Airport City 31-7-2020 08_17_38.png
Airport City 31-7-2020 08_17_49.png

Ken Kyu Air

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
03mkk3ddl, 048nmfkm8
Username
KenKyu1 (item needed) and KK2 (item needed)
One of my neighbours has "restyled" his city recently. How is this possible?
Is there no limit for this building?
In that case I would like to know how I can collect this amount of buildings?

View attachment 38324View attachment 38325View attachment 38326View attachment 38327
Very common thing for high level players to have these days, and G! likely won't even attempt to ban these players...
Check this thread for more info:

Very common thing for high level players to have these days, and G! likely won't even attempt to ban these players...
Check this thread for more info:
You can’t ban them when it was a GI programming error that let you do it. 100% GI responsibilty.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Of course they can ban them when the ToS explicitly covers exploiting bugs. Whether they should or will is a separate discussion (and to date it appears they have chosen to let it slide).

Of course they can ban them when the ToS explicitly covers exploiting bugs. Whether they should or will is a separate discussion (and to date it appears they have chosen to let it slide).
GI employs unskilled programmers. There are always a lot of errors in their programs. Their brains are only enough to repaint buildings, Programs are easily hacked. Now we see a lot of players who used the code for a large number of "greens". This lasts for several months and no one blocks them. the error-backup restore-has been active for Many years. A lot of crooks use it, it is also not fixed and will never be fixed. And players who took advantage of a hole in the program and built a lot of buildings over the limit, you just need to roll back to the moment of construction of these buildings. Then they will not be able to take advantage of their advantage over honest players.. In the future, everyone will know-took advantage of the error, lost time. P.S. GI programmers will never work in Apple.

RicoB92

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Mrricob992
Username
A A EarplugF20
Why ban them for using something Gi created themselves? They make their own mistakes, folks see it, folks use it. They did not cheat the buildings onto their games.

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3
From ToS
Gaming policy. You agree that your use of the Services should be lawful and that you will comply with the usage rules. In furtherance of the foregoing, and as an example and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services in order to:

·exploit, distribute or publicly inform others about any Game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage;

Emphasis mine. Just putting it out there.

From ToS
Gaming policy. You agree that your use of the Services should be lawful and that you will comply with the usage rules. In furtherance of the foregoing, and as an example and not as a limitation, you agree not to use the Services in order to:

·exploit, distribute or publicly inform others about any Game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage;

Emphasis mine. Just putting it out there.
Think you might find that’s the catch all phrase that doesn’t always stand up in court. Knowingly having a bug for 6 weeks at least and not doing anything about it would probably wipe out the catch all phrase. Yes maybe if they had repaired the error and removed the excess buildings. But they haven’t. Therefore could be argued that it was their error and they have accepted the consequences.

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
Why ban them for using something Gi created themselves? They make their own mistakes, folks see it, folks use it. They did not cheat the buildings onto their games.

All games have bugs from time to time, it is quite common for developers to put in ToS agreements that prohibit exploitation of bugs. So yes GI are responsible for the bug, but these buildings didn't just magically appear in peoples cities. People made a conscious decision to build the extra buildings knowing it was a bug (so under the ToS they did cheat).

If people want to run the gauntlet on this then that is their choice. But I don't agree with the rhetoric that GI are 100% to blame to the point of almost inferring that GI somehow "forced" people into doing this as justification.

All games have bugs from time to time, it is quite common for developers to put in ToS agreements that prohibit exploitation of bugs. So yes GI are responsible for the bug, but these buildings didn't just magically appear in peoples cities. People made a conscious decision to build the extra buildings knowing it was a bug (so under the ToS they did cheat).

If people want to run the gauntlet on this then that is their choice. But I don't agree with the rhetoric that GI are 100% to blame to the point of almost inferring that GI somehow "forced" people into doing this as justification.
The warehouse said USE. So they USED. They did what the game allowed them to do. Show me where in writing it says in the TOS you can only have 6 buildings?

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
The warehouse said USE. So they USED. They did what the game allowed them to do. Show me where in writing it says in the TOS you can only have 6 buildings?

The ToS won't specify that level of detail.

This isn't a court of law debate and by the various posts made on the subject people clearly understood it was not working as intended and made a conscious decision on that basis. As stated before that was their choice - own it / don't try and justify it.

GI employs unskilled programmers. There are always a lot of errors in their programs. Their brains are only enough to repaint buildings, Programs are easily hacked. Now we see a lot of players who used the code for a large number of "greens". This lasts for several months and no one blocks them. the error-backup restore-has been active for Many years. A lot of crooks use it, it is also not fixed and will never be fixed. And players who took advantage of a hole in the program and built a lot of buildings over the limit, you just need to roll back to the moment of construction of these buildings. Then they will not be able to take advantage of their advantage over honest players.. In the future, everyone will know-took advantage of the error, lost time. P.S. GI programmers will never work in Apple.
The ToS won't specify that level of detail.

This isn't a court of law debate and by the various posts made on the subject people clearly understood it was not working as intended and made a conscious decision on that basis. As stated before that was their choice - own it / don't try and justify it.
And one can argue that the person acted in GOOD FAITH because they were under the impression that the rules changed to allow it. And yes, sometimes, that does happen even in minor versions.

Its you lot who haven’t done it who are moaning! 🤣

And no you won’t find anything extra chez moi. But you really are all a bit over the top with a serious over reaction. GI will remove it when they can be bothered and no one will be punished as it was their error.
Considering the bug hasn’t been fixed yet, some veterans of the game will have collected 3 months worth of launch items already. I don’t think they’d be able to justify not being aware that the feature was a bug.
36F3BAF8-1A95-4ED6-95B7-68FC8A53B1F0.jpeg

Its you lot who haven’t done it who are moaning! 🤣

And no you won’t find anything extra chez moi. But you really are all a bit over the top with a serious over reaction. GI will remove it when they can be bothered and no one will be punished as it was their error.
When someone loses their wallet, you don't get it back. Say it's his own fault. And call the poor man a fool.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
I’m one of the beneficiaries of this bug. In the last event update I found I could put down my 22 rocket gardens, so I did assuming it was a purposeful change. I only realised a few days later when I couldn’t put down an additional rocket garden that I realised it must have been a temporary thing. My intention initially was to put them down just so I could sell them without disturbing the collection cycle of my core 6, but then I figured I might as well sell them as I need the land for my adventure buildings as I collect them.

The benefit is not as great as you might think. 22 Rocket gardens leads to 22 collectibles a day, or 4.4 launch ready boxes. In the two weeks they have been placed that’s equivalent to 61 boxes. 1 in 8 of them are PEBs so assume 7 to 8 PEBs extra in that period than I would have collected otherwise I use 3 to 4 PEBs every time I take first in a red launch so it’s equivalent to 1 red launch taking first a week.

I already earn more coins than I can spend so the only real competitive benefit is the barrels of fuel and the gold tokens, which are not enough to make a difference in any area where you think we might be competing. Personally I don’t care about the rankings and rewards other than supporting the Alliances I’m part of. They are too little reward for too much effort so I focus on just my city and working through my achievements regardless of whether they are better or worse, slower or faster than anyone else.

I’m sorry there is resentment amongst my peers on this forum, I don’t wish any negativity on anyone and I won’t be complaining when/if they get automatically warehoused as part of a future update.

Positive sentiments to all.

Deepgreensea

Considering the bug hasn’t been fixed yet, some veterans of the game will have collected 3 months worth of launch items already. I don’t think they’d be able to justify not being aware that the feature was a bug.
View attachment 38386
It said USE so it got USED. They can sort their own mess out. When they can be bothered.
Explain the differenc3 between bug and bad programming please!

Top Bottom