Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

How do I keep from having my launch be hijacked???

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Right after I started doing space launches, which was only a couple weeks ago, I read a post on here that said that if you start a launch, it can get hijacked by someone swooping in and posting more points towards the launch than you and how to prevent that is to check the "private launch" box until you've got at least 50% of the points required for the launch plus 133 more points, at which point you're safe to uncheck the box because it can't be hijacked after that. Well, until that point, I'd only ever joined others' launches, but after that, I started starting my own and followed that rule and all was fine.

That was until this last time. I started a blue launch. There were no other launches for me to join, so I started my own. I checked private launch, posted 1,160 points towards the launch, and then unchecked private launch. I felt I was safe because 1,000 is 50% of the 2,000 required and 160 is more than 133. Well, I came back later and found that one of my neighbors had come in and posted 1,162 points and hijacked my launch, dropping my take from 10,000 coins to 5,000 coins, losing me 2 silver tokens, etc. Needless to say, that neighbor isn't my neighbor anymore-- his loss since I was one of his best trading partners as he sent me items daily and I always sent him whatever item that was back. But I digress....

When I start a new launch, how much do I need to have in points posted towards each a green launch, a blue launch, and a red launch (which I haven't acquired a red launchpad yet, so this is for future reference) to keep from having my launch hijacked?

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Right after I started doing space launches, which was only a couple weeks ago, I read a post on here that said that if you start a launch, it can get hijacked by someone swooping in and posting more points towards the launch than you and how to prevent that is to check the "private launch" box until you've got at least 50% of the points required for the launch plus 133 more points, at which point you're safe to uncheck the box because it can't be hijacked after that. Well, until that point, I'd only ever joined others' launches, but after that, I started starting my own and followed that rule and all was fine.

That was until this last time. I started a blue launch. There were no other launches for me to join, so I started my own. I checked private launch, posted 1,160 points towards the launch, and then unchecked private launch. I felt I was safe because 1,000 is 50% of the 2,000 required and 160 is more than 133. Well, I came back later and found that one of my neighbors had come in and posted 1,162 points and hijacked my launch, dropping my take from 10,000 coins to 5,000 coins, losing me 2 silver tokens, etc. Needless to say, that neighbor isn't my neighbor anymore-- his loss since I was one of his best trading partners as he sent me items daily and I always sent him whatever item that was back. But I digress....

When I start a new launch, how much do I need to have in points posted towards each a green launch, a blue launch, and a red launch (which I haven't acquired a red launchpad yet, so this is for future reference) to keep from having my launch hijacked?

Half point + half PEB:
1. Green: 800+180 = 980
2. Blue: 1000+180 = 1180
3. Red: 1500+180 = 1680

The best thing to avoid hijack is having neighbors that you can communicate with.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Thank you so much. Being new, most of my neighbors are players the game set me up with. I only discovered this site towards the end of January, so I only have a few neighbors that come from here, which are the only ones I can communicate with.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
036qjckyn
Username
Sivom event/Fuel hose
Thank you so much. Being new, most of my neighbors are players the game set me up with. I only discovered this site towards the end of January, so I only have a few neighbors that come from here, which are the only ones I can communicate with.
Sent you a friend request. Would like to trade daily gifts and do launches. Thanks

It's a common problem that even I fear because I have neighbors I don't communicate with. I would say you might need at least 1,200 to 1,300 points between you and your second. Maybe even a higher amount might be necessary, I don't know.

One piece of advice is to have an eye on your launch until the rocket takes off. If someone is attempting to add an excessive number of points to jump ahead, you better boot the person by clicking the red X but that person will no longer be your neighbor.

And another thought is that sometimes, being second place really is not a bad spot if you have a developed program or already have some collections because it requires less resources than first place.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20abbw8kh
Username
Husker4ever
Sent you a friend request. Would like to trade daily gifts and do launches. Thanks
Sure. Absolutely. I accepted your friend request. Let me know what gifts you want to trade. Generally, I like fuel (20), but right now I'm looking for nets because I'm doing the current quest to get the building that adds 20 population. Oh, and I read your launch rules, but I don't know what "576 rule" and "freestyle," so if you could clear that up for me, that'd be great. It's probably some aspect of the game I don't know about. I kind of feel like I've been stumbling around in the dark trying to figure stuff out.

Also, by the way, I notice there all these people with umpteen launches for the week, which apparently you need to do to get into that top 100 list, but how do they do that? I'm only allowed to send up one rocket a day. I thought when I added the blue launch pad after the green, I'd get to do two, but if I have a rocket in the air from one and click on the other, it says I already have a space mission in progress and it won't let me do another launch until that launch comes back, so that makes 7 launches a week at most. Maybe you know: What am I missing?

Sure. Absolutely. I accepted your friend request. Let me know what gifts you want to trade. Generally, I like fuel (20), but right now I'm looking for nets because I'm doing the current quest to get the building that adds 20 population. Oh, and I read your launch rules, but I don't know what "576 rule" and "freestyle," so if you could clear that up for me, that'd be great. It's probably some aspect of the game I don't know about. I kind of feel like I've been stumbling around in the dark trying to figure stuff out.

Also, by the way, I notice there all these people with umpteen launches for the week, which apparently you need to do to get into that top 100 list, but how do they do that? I'm only allowed to send up one rocket a day. I thought when I added the blue launch pad after the green, I'd get to do two, but if I have a rocket in the air from one and click on the other, it says I already have a space mission in progress and it won't let me do another launch until that launch comes back, so that makes 7 launches a week at most. Maybe you know: What am I missing?
You're missing the use of QL bonuses. That allows launches to be speeded up depending how many QLs there are in a launch. Return can be instantaneous. Compete 100 green red or blue launches and you get a QL. Also from completing space collections. Look in the space collection part of your game

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

817E4663-109D-4B58-9AA7-47B6392328A0.jpeg
7C69BC44-A3BA-4D8E-B884-8603FE2CDB0C.jpeg

1 bonus = 2:24 flight time.
2 = 14 mins or so.
3 = 1 min.
4 + = instant.
You can only run one yourself, you need neighbours for more.
Search Quantum Leap in the search bar, there are loads of threads on how to get them.
There has been one this week by @Blitz7 (I think), you can search by member in the forum search bar - I posted in the thread for sure so you can search for posts by me.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
There are a number of unwritten launch rules amongst forum members. Recently I’ve searched for general launch rules myself but haven’t found anything conclusive on this forum.
I’ll give you a few key ones though;
1) If you are joining someone else’s launch, always assume they want captain (1st place).
Exemptions to this rule;
- In an open QL (Quantum Leap) party, often the person who starts the launch will not captain every launch. This is where the 576 rule is relevant which is discussed below.
- New forum members who sign up and immediately start a launch thread. These guys are generally really inexperienced and in over their heads. They've started a launch not knowing what they will need to complete the launch and so in some circumstances it may be appropriate to overtake them to ensure the launch doesn’t fail. I would suggest communicating with the individual via the launch thread, although in most cases they don’t really know the relevance of being in 1st/2nd place etc.
- Unless in prior agreement with another player, such as taking part in @Navigata07 ’s Regular weekday launches where positions and launch fuel are agreed beforehand.
- A closed QL party will have pre-agreed rules. It is unlikely you will stumble into one of these so I won’t mention it further.
- If a launch is about to fail due to the launch timer expiring, it may be appropriate to overtake someone to stop the launch failing. I wouldn’t necessarily advise this though, and as a new player you probably don’t have the resources to help people out in that manner.

2) The 576 rule is a bit of an unwritten rule. 576 is the maximum points you can input into a launch in one hit, before any of the various timers reset. This rule is generally used as an indicator by a player that they would like the captains seat. This is particularly relevant in open QL parties - it is accepted that the first player to input 576 points will be captain for that launch. Generally for blue and red launches you will need to place more than just 576 points as captain.
If a player has input 574 points in a QL launch, generally this means they are allowing someone else to take first. Be sure to observe common curtesy with this though - if you are in the swing with 5 other players let them rotate positions, don’t be greedy. Generally it Is expected that players with a QL bonus will dominate the top launch positions (gold,silver, bronze chests). You will see some players sporting the text in their name ‘No QL 216 max’ - I.e. if you do not have a bonus active, don’t input more than 216 launch fuel.

To learn how QL parties work, The best advice is to try and join a few, sit at the back. Add minimum fuel (0-96 say), and just observe how the event unfolds - you will learn far more by doing this than I could ever explain. Most wont be upset if you dont add points in a QL party.

If you want to launch regularly as a newbie, keep an eye on the launch threads. There are a lot of new players launching daily and posting there, you can alternate positions on different days to share the rewards. Equally as I’ve already said Navi has a weekday regular red launch that I’m sure you‘d be welcome to join. This is a cheap way of getting a few launches under your belt.

Keep asking questions and you’ll keep learning (y)

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
036qjckyn
Username
Sivom event/Fuel hose

I Have a WhatsApp launch group set up if you would like to join. We do a mix of Blue/Red/Green launch throughout the week. Sent you a butterfly, I am doing the event also so we can trade those daily until the event ends

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
1) If you are joining someone else’s launch, always assume they want captain (1st place).

I launch every day and easily to be distracted. Sometimes during the launch if I got a text message I would totally forget about the game :ROFLMAO: It used to be a problem but along the way when you slowly filter those "hijacking" neighbors now my launches are just safe. My current neighbors know the rule.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
032603v5e
Username
Pablism
I Have a WhatsApp launch group set up if you would like to join. We do a mix of Blue/Red/Green launch throughout the week. Sent you a butterfly, I am doing the event also so we can trade those daily until the event ends
Sivom im fairly new to the game but im already launching blue rockets. Can you add me to your whatsapp group? Let me know and ill send you my phone number

Top Bottom