Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Hijackers and Sanctions

What an hijacker in my neighbor list did. Hijacked my green pad and launched it. 24hrs launch time to be precise.
Painful For green, I only had just 1 prep.

QUESTIONS
1.Do we have to post names of such neighbor(s) in our respective forums?
2.Deleting such neighbor, is it enough?
3.What about if such neighbor decides to change his username?

How enough can one sanction an hijacker?

Kesh

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03bcgunw
Username
Kesh
What an hijacker in my neighbor list did. Hijacked my green pad and launched it. 24hrs launch time to be precise.
Painful For green, I only had just 1 prep.

QUESTIONS
1.Do we have to post names of such neighbor(s) in our respective forums?
2.Deleting such neighbor, is it enough?
3.What about if such neighbor decides to change his username?

How enough can one sanction an hijacker?
1. I'd recommend no name posting on open forum. If you really want to share the info - you can in private groups.
2. If issue repeats - it's your call if you want to delete him or just remove him from launch.
3. Always the possibility (except IOS) - for this you cannot do nothing.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
What an hijacker in my neighbor list did. Hijacked my green pad and launched it.
How did it actually happened? How many points you've put it? How much time had elapsed from opening to launch? Why haven't you used the option to kick him/her out when you saw it happening?

For you it may look like a hijack, for him it may look like saving you from a failure.

1) Is this person is on the forum? If yes, the send him/her a PM and try to explain the situation. If not - then mentioning his name is pointless.
2) Should be.
3) What would it change? You either remain neighbors and this can repeat or you delete that person and it can't. His/her name is irrelevant.

People tend to focus on hijackers, but how I see it, we all have 2 responsibilities: to select people we're neighbors with and to actually conduct a launch that was opened.
If one accepts random people and leaves a launch unattended and open for 20 hours, both of those responsibilities had been failed IMHO.

How did it actually happened? How many points you've put it? How much time had elapsed from opening to launch? Why haven't you used the option to kick him/her out when you saw it happening?

For you it may look like a hijack, for him it may look like saving you from a failure.

1) Is this person is on the forum? If yes, the send him/her a PM and try to explain the situation. If not - then mentioning his name is pointless.
2) Should be.
3) What would it change? You either remain neighbors and this can repeat or you delete that person and it can't. His/her name is irrelevant.

People tend to focus on hijackers, but how I see it, we all have 2 responsibilities: to select people we're neighbors with and to actually conduct a launch that was opened.
If one accepts random people and leaves a launch unattended and open for 20 hours, both of those responsibilities had been failed IMHO.
1. Actually, there was still enough time. Approx 23hrs+
2. I was still filling points
3. I was having an intermittent internet connection
4. So, I got to a point of filling, it wasn't working. Tried severally, same thing. Then, logged off an back immediately, only to discover it has launched.
- If I had more than one account, I wouldn't have been upset. So, as a result of this, I deleted the neighbor immediately

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
I deleted the neighbor immediately
Unless your calling them out on the forum, that's all there is to that. They won't hijack your launch again.

And as Agent_L said, If not a member of the forum - then mentioning his name is pointless. And if they are a member, then you should PM them directly.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
1. Actually, there was still enough time. Approx 23hrs+
2. I was still filling points
3. I was having an intermittent internet connection
4. So, I got to a point of filling, it wasn't working. Tried severally, same thing. Then, logged off an back immediately, only to discover it has launched.
- If I had more than one account, I wouldn't have been upset. So, as a result of this, I deleted the neighbor immediately
Well, 1 hour is certainly a hijack. He had no excuse for launching that early.

On the other side, launch is a long process, it takes at least 24h. It's better to wait for a good opportunity rather than risk wasting points. I wouldn't risk a launch on shaky connection, the worst that could happen is the timer running our and losing both preps and points.

I think people often press to launch as soon as they have 1 prep, without considerations if they have enough points and more importantly, time to actually conduct the launch. If in doubt then wait. Better safe than sorry.

Well, 1 hour is certainly a hijack. He had no excuse for launching that early.

On the other side, launch is a long process, it takes at least 24h. It's better to wait for a good opportunity rather than risk wasting points. I wouldn't risk a launch on shaky connection, the worst that could happen is the timer running our and losing both preps and points.

I think people often press to launch as soon as they have 1 prep, without considerations if they have enough points and more importantly, time to actually conduct the launch. If in doubt then wait. Better safe than sorry.
I will take that "Better safe than sorry"

Top Bottom