Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

hijack

Dominik Winterbach

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20mzq21iw
Username
:{ items pls
Hi, depends on amount of resources you're ready to spend on a mission.
Personally, I only start a mission once I am ready to cover the cost in full (just in case nobody joins)
Can imagine however, some people take a risk and start with limited resources, hoping to finish 2nd or 3rd.

exman

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20dpi6mjp
Username
Aaric
Hi, depends on amount of resources you're ready to spend on a mission.
Personally, I only start a mission once I am ready to cover the cost in full (just in case nobody joins)
Can imagine however, some people take a risk and start with limited resources, hoping to finish 2nd or 3rd.

thanks for the response

what is the max number of slots on a launch?
it looks like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd only

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
thanks for the response

what is the max number of slots on a launch?
it looks like 1st, 2nd, and 3rd only

Actually, if you go to the guide section of this forum, there are multiple threads explaining space launches (about max number of slots, etc) and avoiding hijacking.

Generally, people in this forum follow the 576 rules. If someone starts the launch and invested 576, he/she wants the first position. For me personally, if I start the launch, I’ll definitely aim for 1st position. If not, then I’ll join other’s launch instead of starting my own.

And yeah, don’t ever start launch if you can’t finish all points by yourself (worst case no one wants or can join you)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
does the person that starts a launch always assume that they'll be in 1st position?

There are two user guides on the space program, when you have some time you should read through both of them. They are in the Airport City Guides section of the members forum. The link is below.....

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Actually, if you go to the guide section of this forum, there are multiple threads explaining space launches (about max number of slots, etc) and avoiding hijacking.

Generally, people in this forum follow the 576 rules. If someone starts the launch and invested 576, he/she wants the first position. For me personally, if I start the launch, I’ll definitely aim for 1st position. If not, then I’ll join other’s launch instead of starting my own.

And yeah, don’t ever start launch if you can’t finish all points by yourself (worst case no one wants or can join you)

I would only follow the 576 rule if I had a "second" or assistant that was willing to take second or third place because they could help secure your seat. The "second" role refer to is someone that you TRUST. I typically would try to recruit the "second" from the alliance I'm in because the alliance I'm in has a discord where we can communicate about the launch. In the discord, I would announce the number of points I put in or what I call "calling".. Typically, I would do the calling initially while the launch is private, if we are getting to enough points to launch, or 4 hours from the deadline. That's to improve situational awareness.

If I'm unable to recruit the "second", I would slowly add points until I get a point above half and either (180 for green or 360 for blue) and then I would make the launch public without the "second". Unless I get to that threshold or have a "second", I would keep the launch private. During that time, I might open it up briefly for the "second" to join and close it until they have added their points, then reopen.

The key to good launches is to communicate.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I would only follow the 576 rule if I had a "second" or assistant that was willing to take second or third place because they could help secure your seat. The "second" role refer to is someone that you TRUST. I typically would try to recruit the "second" from the alliance I'm in because the alliance I'm in has a discord where we can communicate about the launch. In the discord, I would announce the number of points I put in or what I call "calling".. Typically, I would do the calling initially while the launch is private, if we are getting to enough points to launch, or 4 hours from the deadline. That's to improve situational awareness.

If I'm unable to recruit the "second", I would slowly add points until I get a point above half and either (180 for green or 360 for blue) and then I would make the launch public without the "second". Unless I get to that threshold or have a "second", I would keep the launch private. During that time, I might open it up briefly for the "second" to join and close it until they have added their points, then reopen.

The key to good launches is to communicate.

As far as I know, 576 rules doesn't mean you only put 576 points. You'll need to put more obviously. It just means that if the launch starter put 576 points immediately, he/she wants the 1st place. So, if you join his/her launch, you can put points, but stay behind him/her.

Anyways, my neighbors are 95% forum members and I never get hijacked since. I got hijacked once when I still had lots of non-forum members as my neighbors in the beginning of my game.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*

And that's what I do at the begging of my launches for that very reason. I have neighbors that I do not on this forum and I do not know them and couldn't communicate with them. I will be honest in saying that I have seen opportunities for people to swoop in as you describe and I will sporting in saying that the thought did cross my mind but I did NOT do it. Still, if I could think it someone can do it.

The only reason I would stop adding points at 576 is if I had successfully recruited a "second" that I can trust" and they are in my launch (I only have it public long enough for them to enter and no further). As a practical matter, I would start adding fuel items that can quickly be bought with coin or that I have on hand until I get to the appropriate point where it's safe to make the launch public WITHOUT the "trusted second".

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
What's the purpose of the "half + 180" thought?

If you already have the majority of the points (801 on green), why does the plus 180 matter?

Still trying to learn it all - I've completed about a dozen green and blue space flights but trying to understand all the tips & tricks. Thanks!
The largest fuel item is the powerful explosive bolt which is worth 360 fuel. If you have 801, someone could put 802 and beat your position. It’s all dependent on the last item added. 180 is half of 360.

To give an example, imagine you had input 976/1600, and another player had input 620 (1596 total). They now add a bolt (360), this gives them 980, so you loose first place.

Top Bottom