Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Help for a new-ish player

99_reka_99

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
033gqfsq7
Hey! I've been playing for about 6 months now and I'm currently level 53 with 154 stars. I've been reading some threads and saw some more experienced players saying to new players that coins will not be an issue after a while. Even after 6 months I'm struggling to collect enough coins. For example, I just upgraded my Control Tower to level 9, and it took me about 2 weeks to collect 1 million coins. Now I want to build a stand, then I have to upgrade my Terminal which will be another 800,000 coins. It will take forever and I'm getting a little impatient. And let's not even talk about my Town Hall. I've been feeling like everything is very expensive from the very beginning and it's always been a struggle to collect enough for upgrades, and it has not gotten any better.
So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I visit my neighbours daily and collect from 5 planetariums from each of them. I just noticed a few days ago that I can use the ads to collect from one more building so I started doing that, too.
I try to launch a green or blue spaceship every day. I have not yet built MCC3 or red launch pad because of the lack of coins.
I own 2 Grand Hotels, 6 Movie Theaters, 6 Bowling Alleys, 6 Car Dealerships, 6 Hotels, 6 Research Labs, 6 Circuses, 6 Chess Clubs, 6 Donuts, 6 Perfume Stores, 6 Sports Bars, 3 Mega Malls, 6 Russian Eggs, 2 English Eggs, 1 Indian Egg, 3 House of Waxes, 6 Flower Shops, 6 Coffee Bars and some other small coin buildings. I tried to choose these buildings according to how frequently I check the game.
I keep my planes in the air as much as I can. I currently have 1 Owl S1, 5 Eagles and 3 Jumbos (planning to sell some of the Eagles soon to buy more Jumbos as I will be done with all the stars from Eagle destinations). I speed them up with fuel or ads whenever I can.
I use my ads for buildings to collect from Grand Hotel every day.
I also land tons of guest planes a day. I'd say about 150 a day, so I get quite a few of my coins from collections.
Plus, my alliance has been reaching the 50% bonus in the past few weeks, so I even get more coins from my flights.

With all of this, I still only manage to collect about 80,000 (maybe 100,000 if I play almost the whole day) a day.
Do you have any suggestions? What else should I be doing to accelerate the collection of coins?

My friend code is: 033gqfsq7

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
You're not doing anything wrong. It takes time to gather coins.

This isn't my first time around but I started again (after years break) just over 3 months ago. With the lockdown, and the fact I work from home and can tap my game almost constantly, I've had great days with 250K - 300K coins - event days where I can get a spyglass, fuel additive ....

Normal days are about 100K but again, I'm tapping constantly. That will change shortly as the weather gets better and I'm in my garden more.

Because I was able to play (almost) constantly, I didn't prioritize launches because the income from it was a drop in the bucket from what I could make from other activities. But now, with great weather and a easing of the lockdown, I won't be playing as much. Not a big deal ... In the 3 1/2 months, I've got to level 61 and upgraded town hall, terminal and control tower to level 8. I will change up my fleet a bit for more long distance flights and make sure I launch daily. The side benefit of collecting from planetariums for 2000 coins is that I have plenty of fuel to launch the rocket myself and get the higher coin reward for getting first - it's nice to take people along for a cheap ride (for them) though.

My guess though - I'll be lucky if I get 50K daily through the summer. I may hope for a few storms ;)

As for people who don't are about coins - that's not me now but I have been there. Everything is upgraded and you have nothing left to spend coins on so they just keep adding up. Millions and millions and millions of those coins that I'm working so hard to get ... and they have not a single use for them :(

Device
  1. Android
Username
AC Huang
coin is a problem for you to collect before you reach level 62 or more because you have a lot of building like as runway, traffic control, and etc to be build.
try to use up all launch which will give you a lot of coins and more quick in level up.

Wow ! That is great progress for 6 months of playing there. I have replaced some buildings for others that pay better or more often. The bonus of 50% weekly from doing the alliance fights helps a lot too. The one I'm in we grab the 50% bonus weekly which amounts to a ton of extra coins from flights. Not much else you can do.
Not easy to find an alliance with 50% extra coins every week.
At first, the level of the game was very low, the number of planes was very small,
the number of passengers was very small, and a good alliance did not necessarily need you.
After the most difficult phase has passed, you may not find a relatively good alliance to join immediately.

Last edited:

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Not easy to find an alliance with 50% extra coins every week.
Seems a bit backwards doesn't it. The ones that are smaller probably have newer players that need coins more. The ones that are larger that don't need to really complete all the tasks and focus more on pax generally have lots of advanced players that don't really need the coins.

It would be cool if the alliance could choose the prize.

Seems a bit backwards doesn't it. The ones that are smaller probably have newer players that need coins more. The ones that are larger that don't need to really complete all the tasks and focus more on pax generally have lots of advanced players that don't really need the coins.

I think a more balanced approach is to divide the league into 3 or 4 levels. The lowest level league can be below 3 levels, players below 40 levels, league leaders can play at any level, and so on, which may be better.

Bluecheese

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04jb4cgah
Username
Roquefort

which prize is more valuable ?
Mine is a small alliance, we do at least 50% every week. Except for the past two weeks when we exceeded 70% (so frustrating, no additional coins!!)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
which prize is more valuable ?
Mine is a small alliance, we do at least 50% every week. Except for the past two weeks when we exceeded 70% (so frustrating, no additional coins!!)
It depends on what your goal is.

The 100% prize is a 25% extension on all bonuses so an 8 hour bonus lasts longer than 8 hours. This may be valuable for people who have lots of bonuses to use - flying maps, etc.
The 50% prize is a 50% increase in income from all flights. Kind of important when you're a new player working on upgrading buildings. But if you only make 50%, it takes longer to grow your alliance to where you can place in the top 100 for the week.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
I believe the key to getting the most from the gold coins is setting objectives. For example - I want to fly more aircraft, so I upgrade control tower, acquire land and build (e.g. 6 square house) passenger buildings to supply additional flights. Then concentrate on saving and spending for that only. Once done, set a new objective.

I have finally reached the stage where I do not worry too much about gold coins. It only took me three years to get there, but that was only with the help of some real money spent buying green cash to buy more land - currently 140 greens (70 during land sale).

My support games are only at level 50 after 2 years, but those games are “no spend” games. So if you are playing the game for free, it could take you a lot longer. 😮

Top Bottom