Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Getting correct gifts

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
I've added a few people to my friends list and have my signature and game name updated with item I need. Does anyone else only seem to get back the same gifts you sent someone else? I send people what they need by what they have in their game name and instead of getting what I need, over half seem to just send back the same thing I sent them. Am I doing something wrong in the game or just need to add more friends?

I've added a few people to my friends list and have my signature and game name updated with item I need. Does anyone else only seem to get back the same gifts you sent someone else? I send people what they need by what they have in their game name and instead of getting what I need, over half seem to just send back the same thing I sent them. Am I doing something wrong in the game or just need to add more friends?
Those who r sending out wrong gifts r may b out of this forum.... Here almost all follow the game name process for gifting....

Out of my 3 games, I have 7-8 neighbors who consistently return what I have sent them rather than what is in my game name. So now, I just send them what I want!!! Doesn't always work - sometimes they still send what they want. 😁 😁 😁 And yes, they are forum members (although a few haven't visited the forum for a few months). I try not to worry about it as the majority of my neighbors do send what's in my game name.

I would suggest you get more neighbors from the forum, lose the non-forum neighbors and the neighbors who won't gift you what you need, unless they have airports worth visiting.

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
I remember it was long and sometimes sad process, because I had neighbours which I exchanged gifts daily for several months, but I made a cut one day and I have only forum members as friends. And almost everyone from forum will understand your shortcuts of gifts you need.
It is also very important because of the launches. You can write here to members if you need, but if someone outside this forum joins your launch, you just have to hope that he will not do something that you don´t like.

Sometimes I accidentally send the gift sent to me. I pay attention to gift want in the name. Today I hit the receive button and my android phone double tapped. I dont do that too often. My finger twitches...ha. I've been slowly trying to get rid of old neighbors for new forum neighbors. It's a time consuming task but I'll get there. Thanks to all here in the forum that gift th things I need. Sorry to those that I send wrong thing. It's never on purpose.

evogamer05

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04vi5kj9k
Username
evo - item needed
Sometimes I accidentally send the gift sent to me. I pay attention to gift want in the name. Today I hit the receive button and my android phone double tapped. I dont do that too often. My finger twitches...ha. I've been slowly trying to get rid of old neighbors for new forum neighbors. It's a time consuming task but I'll get there. Thanks to all here in the forum that gift th things I need. Sorry to those that I send wrong thing. It's never on purpose.
I've definitely done the same thing before. Either that or when I'm scrolling through list of gifts I accidentally tap on the wrong one. I don't get too many gifts/have a lot of neighbors yet, I think I just need to keep adding people and I won't even notice the other gifts as much

PLMerry

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20rwgvgx
Username
PLMerry [what I need], PLM2, & PLM3

When I joined a new alliance I just deleted all my neighbors except for a few I knew were in the forum. Afterwards I invited all my alliance comrades and posted a request for neighbors in the forum. Now the only people that give something else is Madlen Airport and Small Village. I doubt that either of them will ever figure it out.

Like what crescent say those who return back your gifts send then what you want ;)
Any way i will send you a private message today please read it and i will help you with the gifts (y)

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Dikam
Username
Dikam
Hello,
I need friends to exchange gifts for upgrading Game Center.
And if someone wants to join my launch My friend code Dikam.
I’m close to finish but it’s a waste do do alone if I can share.
I always do alone so friends for launch welcome.

of all the gifts I receive everyday fortunately only 3 are my daily trading partners that I know. The rest I just simply tap Send whatever I received. The only friend who always know exactly what I need is Madlen, such a great neighbor!
So if you need earplugs, and someone sends them to you, you're going to send earplugs back? No matter what that person may need? What if that person has well over 100 earplugs? That gift goes straight into the bin.

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
So if you need earplugs, and someone sends them to you, you're going to send earplugs back? No matter what that person may need? What if that person has well over 100 earplugs? That gift goes straight into the bin.

as a matter of fact nobody ever spontaneously sent me such high-level flight items except my trading partners who we agreed in advance through the forum. Like you said above a majority of my neighbors are non-forum members so I guess they just send whatever the game automatically inserts, usually items I don't need. Of course in rare cases there are lollipops and so I'll be more than happy to keep ^.^

as a matter of fact nobody ever spontaneously sent me such high-level flight items except my trading partners who we agreed in advance through the forum. Like you said above a majority of my neighbors are non-forum members so I guess they just send whatever the game automatically inserts, usually items I don't need. Of course in rare cases there are lollipops and so I'll be more than happy to keep ^.^
You need more forum neighbors!!!! :):):) Your non-forum neighbors are probably just sending you what THEY want! 🤣🤣🤣 Try sending them what you want, break them of the habit!

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
You need more forum neighbors!!!! :):):) Your non-forum neighbors are probably just sending you what THEY want! 🤣🤣🤣 Try sending them what you want, break them of the habit!

I know but I'm afraid when I have more forum neighbors I need to get more organized too, something I'm not capable of :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: For non-forum neighbors, without an in-game communication system I believe they even don't know what the gifting is for. Or they do it just to complete daily task. Otherwise how the heck you know what your neighbors need? :sneaky:

Last edited:
I know but I'm afraid when I have more forum neighbors I need to get more organized too, something I'm not capable of :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: For non-forum neighbors, without an in-game communication channel I believe they even don't know what the gifting is for. Or they do it just to complete daily task. Otherwise how the heck you know what your neighbors need? :sneaky:
They probably don't even know they can change their game name to show what they want - they may not even realize they have a game name. You'd be amazed at the number of requests I get from games named "pilot" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: But the benefit of having forum members as neighbors is that the majority of them include what they need in their game names or signature.

I don't really recall how I found the AC game (probably from Sunshine Bay), but I was able to find the AC facebook page and this forum (plus another one that isn't around anymore). Seems if players cared about the game, they would enlist google and learn how to play!

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
They probably don't even know they can change their game name to show what they want - they may not even realize they have a game name. You'd be amazed at the number of requests I get from games named "pilot" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: But the benefit of having forum members as neighbors is that the majority of them include what they need in their game names or signature.

I don't really recall how I found the AC game (probably from Sunshine Bay), but I was able to find the AC facebook page and this forum (plus another one that isn't around anymore). Seems if players cared about the game, they would enlist google and learn how to play!

I think just a small amount of this forum members are active in gifts trading or usually within their circle of friends. Like my threads appealing for gifts trading seldom get response, or perhaps I didn't follow the right etiquette. Anyway this forum is indeed helpful, I've been playing AC for almost 4 years but there are features and walkthrough I'm not aware of...

I think just a small amount of this forum members are active in gifts trading or usually within their circle of friends. Like my threads appealing for gifts trading seldom get response, or perhaps I didn't follow the right etiquette. Anyway this forum is indeed helpful, I've been playing AC for almost 4 years but there are features and walkthrough I'm not aware of...
I've been playing a little over 4 years, and still learning tips and tricks here and there. This forum is great! I found the best way to get good neighbors was to PM people and ask if I could send them a neighbor request. I completed my signature showing my needs and what I could gift, and included my primary needs in my game name. If I needed something special, like a new building item, I would PM neighbors who had that item and ask them to send it. With very few exceptions, all of my neighbors gift regularly. Maybe not daily, as many have well over 100 neighbors, but still regularly. My biggest advantage is that I am retired, I spend a good amount of time in the game and on the forum. (for example - in the almost 4 years since I've been on this forum, I've posted nearly 7,000 messages) Wow - I guess that makes me a chatty kathy! :LOL: 🤣 :) Have a good nite (or a good day - wherever you are on earth! :))

kelvint23

500+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Kelvint23
Username
Kelvint23
I've been playing a little over 4 years, and still learning tips and tricks here and there. This forum is great! I found the best way to get good neighbors was to PM people and ask if I could send them a neighbor request. I completed my signature showing my needs and what I could gift, and included my primary needs in my game name. If I needed something special, like a new building item, I would PM neighbors who had that item and ask them to send it. With very few exceptions, all of my neighbors gift regularly. Maybe not daily, as many have well over 100 neighbors, but still regularly. My biggest advantage is that I am retired, I spend a good amount of time in the game and on the forum. (for example - in the almost 4 years since I've been on this forum, I've posted nearly 7,000 messages) Wow - I guess that makes me a chatty kathy! :LOL: 🤣 :) Have a good nite (or a good day - wherever you are on earth! :))

Before AC I seldom played mobile games cos I saw how my friends were addicted to other games. But since I'm an airlines enthusiast (I've been collecting 1/400 diecast aircraft models for 10 years) one day I was curious if there's an alternative to SimCity and here I am. I stopped playing AC twice, each time lasted for 1-2 months. One time when I was pissed that they stopped allowing players to watch videos for items (turned out it's daily cap) and one time recently when I was heart-broken haha

Pejt

CheezLvr
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
047im5fii
Username
Pejt
I know there is a site somewhere, I think on this forum, where you can write your demands for gifts. I use the most standard like fuel or earplugs in my gamename. But now I want to level up my tower to level 10. Quite handy to post the needed items because there are a lot (8x4 items). My alliance friends have non of these items, so I can ask for these somewhere on this forum?

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I know there is a site somewhere, I think on this forum, where you can write your demands for gifts. I use the most standard like fuel or earplugs in my gamename. But now I want to level up my tower to level 10. Quite handy to post the needed items because there are a lot (8x4 items). My alliance friends have non of these items, so I can ask for these somewhere on this forum?
Yes, there are specific threads for buildings - e.g. control tower - all upgrades https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/control-tower-all-upgrades.14508/page-99#post-544369

They are all in an area of the forum called Trading Discussions https://www.airportcitygame.com/forums/trading-discussion.54/

Top Bottom