Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Elephant in the room...at least for the newer players

jmsammons415

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03uacbl8
Username
jms items needed
So this is always a touchy subject and obviously can't name any names, but I know on good authority that dozens of players here in the forum have had their 100 limit removed and G! has done this for them free of charge, albeit after a lot of back and forth on email and finding the right employee to get the job done. I've also been trying to get this accomplished probably since November or so and lately they won't even respond to me anymore so this begs the question of what is it going to take for G! to lift this for at least certain players? Is it money? If so here's a few ideas on how to get this done.
Silver Sub could offer a 500-1000 limit or something of that like and that way G! would surely see a huge spike in Silver Sub across one would imagine.
Gold Sub no limit? Now I know the Gold Sub is pricey (I have it) and might not be the best thing to bring up, but I'm sure the team at G! would see the value in this offer?

If there is absolutely no solution my question to G! would be how has retention of new players been going since the implementation of the 100 limit? I know of all the friends I have in the game that started around the same time as me 70% or more of them have quit the game...Coincidence?

At the very least I'd appreciate someone from G! telling me to kick rocks and quit the game and go f$^# myself, but I have a gold sub so imagine they don't want to lose me just yet..

All of us with 100 limit just want to have a shot to compete with the big boys in the game and sadly I'm even ok having to pay for it if that's what it's going to take.

exwhy

Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04hc6gi0
Username
exwhy-[items]
Hi @jmsammons415 , I appreciate your views on this issue and thought of contributing to your discussion.

I started playing Airport City in November 2018, and recently began to realise how much the 100-limit would be an obstacle to game progression. After I reached level 51, it took close to 300 LL to complete 2nd + 3rd alliance tasks on TP. While there's a simple workaround like changing fleet, I can foresee myself and generally new players facing bigger problems in future.

Take the example of adventure buildings, space buildings, and S3 planes - these are the end-game goals for many. For us new players, we will need more adventure/QL/alliance maps as we cannot complete as many flights in one setting due to limited fuel/pax storage. They snowball, respectively, to more excavation flights, first-place launches, and top 100 alliance rankings. Again they snowball to more weeks waiting for airship, more days of clicking neighbours' space buildings, and more weeks of flying pax for alliance.

I agree that these are still possible for us with the 100-limit: time solves everything. The problem boils down to re-aligning our expectations, that we must be prepared to invest more time and money to build the same metropolis as the older players did. This becomes a challenge to the ambitions and motivations of some of us, possibly leading to the low retention rate that OP mentioned.

The developers surely have in mind a long-term direction when implementing the 100-limit. I figure that one consideration would be prolonging new players' interest and commitment to the game (i.e. there are still meaningful objectives to pursue after 2-3 years into the game). While this is a reasonable strategy, the transition stage is difficult for many of us to accept. Some of us, including me, find it challenging to foresee ourselves committing to the game in the long run when other players are making much faster progress. Participating in the same flight destination rankings is a more tangible concern for us as the 100-limit directly suppresses our competitiveness (e.g. less fuel/pax to speed up, and limited flight items).

I respect GI's decision for the 100-limit in the grand scheme of things. Having observed the difficulties faced by many new players in the transition period (and perhaps the frustration that developers received as a result), I strongly recommend an interim measure to make the transition more accommodating and to retain the new players in the long run. An optional increase in item limit sounds welcoming to me. Reviewing the size of limit in relation to other quantitative aspects of gameplay (such as number of alliance flights) also seems to be a wise action. There are bound to be many refreshing and feasible ideas from our community of developers and players.

The implementation of 100-limit may be a necessary evil for the developers and, in turn, all of us players. Updating the game feature is only the beginning; what truly marks the successful completion of the implementation is when all players are enjoying Airport City as if the 100-limit has never troubled us.

Last edited:
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
Imho the main problem with the 100-limit is in the fuel-consumption: For flying you need pax and fuel, but the balance between the two is severely disturbed. There are various ways to increase your pax, either temporary via bonuses, gifts, visa center, etc or permanently via land expansions and additional buildings. But the ways to increase your fuel is very limited. In fact, besides gifts there is no way to temporary increase your fuel income significantly for a short term. I guess we could really use a set of buildings similar to the visa center but for fuel, and/or some other buildings that will provide a steady inflow of additional fuel.

There are ways to get around the 100 limit and complaining isn't one of them.

Ivan said in one of the past threads about this issue: the limit is not going anywhere and the emphasis is in not.

I don't have CMB in any of my games and for some reason I don't see myself quiting the game because if these buildings - similarly with the game that has a limit, I play and strategise around the game needs and not my needs.

The #1 mistake we often do = compare. Why compare yourself to the next person?
I have 3 games that I actively play and yes they each have their own individual character and I don't compare the one against the other.

Buying storage via subscription is tantamount to buying the number of flights with greens. This used to happen and it got eradicated, so, why must G! repackage and return what it initially eradicated?

Is it hard to play the game as is?

MikeH

1000+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
I agree with @Teboho . I myself have 100 limit and also tried to talk with G staff to put it away. I got the same answer twice, it is not possible to revert for players that started in summer 2018 (I believe) and later. So I have to accept it and find strategy that will be best for my game. As it was said many times before - every game developer makes the game for profit in first place. I enjoy the game very much and 100 limit will not stop me from having fun.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
Meanwhile, if the 100-limit is applied to everyone, we KNOW for sure a lot of people will also complain.

There will always be different opinions on this.

I understand that GI said it won’t be lifted, you can strategize around it, yada yada yada. But I, myself, want fairness. Either all have 100-limit or all don’t have the 100-limit.

Or the middle option, let the one with 100-limit have some options to expand their limit, I think it’s fair. (With extra warehouse building, or even pay to get some increase).

For now, I play for fun and won’t spend a cent more at this game. When the 100-limit is getting more annoying than it’s fun for me, I’ll quit and move on.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
The issue of 100 limit has been laid to rest already by Ivan, and yada-yadaring about it in different guises will certainly not help the cause. Get on with it already or find another game where if you pay €100 the developers are will to change the coding to suit your needs.
Actually, if enough people complain and give bad ratings, they might listen.

I play other game that did this “limiting the help to 100” and everyone came together complaining and gave bad review. They changed it back to unlimited after 1 week.

I don’t say GI will do it, but ranting here helps a bit to express my feeling.

But I don’t think everyone knows about this 100-limit unfairness. I know about it because I’m in this forum. Newer players that are not in this forum probably aren’t aware of it.

jmsammons415

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03uacbl8
Username
jms items needed
Actually, if enough people complain and give bad ratings, they might listen.

I play other game that did this “limiting the help to 100” and everyone came together complaining and gave bad review. They changed it back to unlimited after 1 week.

I don’t say GI will do it, but ranting here helps a bit to express my feeling.

But I don’t think everyone knows about this 100-limit unfairness. I know about it because I’m in this forum. Newer players that are not in this forum probably aren’t aware of it.

Sadly there are groups of players without the 100 limit that aren’t concerned with those of us that do have it. Some won’t speak up out of fear of all players getting 100 limit.

My main game doesn't have the limit but I have a game that has a limit (I started it out of curiosity after reading the rants here) and I must say that it keeps me on my toes and it is sad to say that I'm actually enjoy playing it. It was sad and a bit of an inconvenience at first but I got the hang of it. The one thing I cannot do in this game is hoard and yes we are hoarders of the highest calibre, I have been reading hoarding sob stories in this forum for more than 52 weeks and personally I feel it is about time we let go.

Let us play the game as is.

Perhaps you could enligten @jmsammons415 what these are? He is clearly frustrated and is expressing that frustration. I am not sure telling him to stop complaining is the most helpful approach.
If he needs help he should ask for it. A few months ago I asked for strategies around the limit and yes I got my answers.

Ask for it shall be given.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
Lol! A
The issue of 100 limit has been laid to rest already by Ivan, and yada-yadaring about it in different guises will certainly not help the cause. Get on with it already or find another game where if you pay €100 the developers are will to change the coding to suit your needs.
Lol! All players have a right to express their opinions and frustrations. Encourage him to stay, not quit!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
049bu772
Username
JGK
Lol! A
Lol! All players have a right to express their opinions and frustrations. Encourage him to stay, not quit!

Would you complain on here if the limit was introduced to your main game?
No I wouldn't feel it, I hoarded so much it'll be 2 to 3 years before I could feel the effects.

Lol! A

My bad.

Nice to see a proposed solution rather than just a whine. If I had the 100 limit, I would 100% pay to get it removed. Not at the lower levels sure, but at the higher ones the 100-limit slows the game, and hampers the alliance progress to the point where some alliances are stipulating you can't join with the limit in place.

I've seen enough people get it removed to know there's a discussion to be had, and if you're a revenue player the powers that be may see it as an opportunity to retain or enhance your ability to financially contribute to the game, which after all is the primary reason for its existence.

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
The 100 limit remains a very hot piece of coal that gets regularly kicked around the forum. But nothing has changed. And since it was asked - the date it was imposed was just prior to May 2017 - when I joined and have always had to play with the limit in my main game. I am now Level 80 with 495 stars. I now have 5 adventure buildings. I do not spend vast amounts of money buying green cash, but I do spend a regular amount and I took a silver subscription to enjoy the extra fuel and profits.

If Alliances want to impose a "100 warehouse limit player ban" that is up to them. Their Alliance - their rules. I am in an alliance that is very happy to encourage all players who commit. I average over 100,000 pax per week, and can regularly achieve 2 alliance missions - and I am not the top contributer in the alliance. Our collaborative play puts us in the Top 30 every week with just 10 alliance players. And I am not the only member of our alliance who has the 100 item warehouse limit. A successful Alliance is created by good leadership (from the Alliance Captain), a will to play the game as much as possible by all members, and supporting and helping each others game through good communication. I do not believe a 100 item limit actually prevents you from being an outstanding contributer to an alliance.

The best advice I can give to new players who have the 100 item warehouse limit is "Be very wary of following the advice of a non-100 item limit player" they do not have to play the game your way, and do not understand what has to be done to overcome the limit. Much of the advice is excellent, but will almost certainly need a different application to work for a restricted limit player. The rules are not dramatically different to overcome your obstacles and you can compete with players without the limit by focusing on different game strategies. But it might take you a little longer. And yes, the subscriptions were advertised by GI as helping players to accelerate their game progress, and they do help 100 item limit players a lot. :whistle:

Top Bottom