Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Do buffs that affect drop rate stack?

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03thighk
Username
Asphyyr
I remember in the recent S3 maprunner thread officials said that the GD, SC, SG and Dice will stack. But I made a inquiry to the tech support ingame and their response was that they do not stack and the most powerful (effective (SG+150%)) will work.

Anybody had a clue? Do they actually stack?

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I remember in the recent S3 maprunner thread officials said that the GD, SC, SG and Dice will stack. But I made a inquiry to the tech support ingame and their response was that they do not stack and the most powerful (effective (SG+150%)) will work.

The S3 map runners thread is full of players opinions. Not official GI responses.
Could you post (screenshot) your messages to/from support in here?
I'm quite interested as I was of the view that only the most effective bonus counted.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Weird as the developer of the game himself said it will stack.

Regarding activation multiple bonuses at once:

The bonus activation order will not be changed. It will work as it used to be. The same effects will stack with each other.

However, this is just the first step on the way of rebalancing bonus mechanics. We have a lot of changes planned for this year.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
tbh, he didn't exactly say the bonuses would stack. He just said the 'bonus activation order' would not change, and that 'same effects will stack'. In order words: What stacked before, stacks now, and the order of activation that was relevant before, is still relevant.

I don't think bonuses stacked before (maybe the SC in combination with other bonuses, but not sure), so that would mean that bonuses don't stack now either. To make it even worse, the 'bonus activation order' might even make the new relevant bonus-percentage go down if you activate multiple bonuses, if that was the previous 'activation order'.

Blitz7

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
-
Username
Blitz7 F20
tbh, he didn't exactly say the bonuses would stack. He just said the 'bonus activation order' would not change, and that 'same effects will stack'. In order words: What stacked before, stacks now, and the order of activation that was relevant before, is still relevant.

I don't think bonuses stacked before (maybe the SC in combination with other bonuses, but not sure), so that would mean that bonuses don't stack now either. To make it even worse, the 'bonus activation order' might even make the new relevant bonus-percentage go down if you activate multiple bonuses, if that was the previous 'activation order'.

Dev of the game has said: "The same effects will stack each other". Pretty clear enough for me. If he didn't said that, yes it is still debatable until doomsday.

And we, the players, just simply can't say we have understand it better than the developers themselves.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I’ve read it in both ways, and my reason for reposting it is for this exact reason. It is not clear.
My gut feeling is that the bonus of greatest value is the one that applies, and that they do not stack (after running a number of bonuses doing map flights).
This is why I’ve asked for the messages with support to be posted.

All I know is flying for S3 Ravens, my drops just about doubled when I had bonuses stacked as compared to those flights with golden dice only. Can't prove if stacked bonuses did it or if drop rates have changed, but I'll certainly stack next time I fly for them.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03thighk
Username
Asphyyr
The S3 map runners thread is full of players opinions. Not official GI responses.
Could you post (screenshot) your messages to/from support in here?
I'm quite interested as I was of the view that only the most effective bonus counted.
I inquired with Chinese so the reply of GI support was also in Chinese. What he means is that only the buff with the highest drop rate will apply.

Anyway if you want the screenshot here it is.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom