Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Cinema Films, DVD Films, DVD Boxsets, DVD TV Series

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Morning, Afternoon and Evening Flyers

If you have recently seen a really good film at the cinema, or purchased a film on DVD or purchased a DVD boxset of films or a DVD TV series, and you would recommend it, I would be very interested to read your posting. I'm always on the lookout to add to my ever growing collection which spans more than thirty years.

My home library of films on DVD and video tapes (yes, rights correct) covers a broad spectrum of genres - westerns, back and white film noir, drama's, war films, sci-fi, epic swords and sandels, comedy, cartoons, slipstick, silent films, suspense thrillers, TV series etc.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Planet of the apes TV series (1974), dvd boxset. Hilariously 70s for me but brilliant story.

Hello and many thanks for your post, I had began to think I had layed a very bad egg with this thread or posted it in the wrong place. So, I'm pleased to read your thoughts.

One of my favourite sci-fi films of all time is Planet of the Apes (1968) but I'm not sure of the box set? The first film is by far the best for me. Other sci-fi films I would recommend to you are Fantastic Voyage (1966), The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951), The Incredible Shrinking Man (1957), Soylent Green (1973) and Forbidden Planet (1956). They are all very affordable on DVD.

Thanks for your post, I was pleased to receive it and hope others will get involved.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
axyzhtt
Username
Bongerman

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_of_the_Apes_(TV_series)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...he+apes+tv&dpPl=1&dpID=5166N37C6JL&ref=plSrch

Agreed, first film is a classic and a must watch. Second was rubbish, gave up halfway through third, forth and fith still gathering dust.
The TV series makes a better sequel to the first film than the actual sequels. Bizarre, I know but that's my opinion.
Thanks for the suggestions to add to my shopping list.

The TV series is a better bet - I will add this to my list of bulk buy DVD's - great savings can be made this way. Thanks again.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I scored a DVD collection of the Green Hornet TV series from the 60's with Van Williams and Bruce Lee awhile back. So Camp, so fun!

Thanks for your post - the Green Hornet (1966-67 - 26 episodes) is on my TV series list of shows to look at and possibly buy, along with the TV series Kung Fu (1972-1975 - 63 episodes). Finding the time to do this and shelf space.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I am watching and follow up to now the TV Series:
1) The flash seasons 1,2
2) Blindspot season 1
3) Quantico season 1
4) The Magicians season 1
5) Supergirl season 1
6) Legends of Tomorrow season 1
This is 2015-2016

Thanks for your post. It will take sometime, but I will look into these.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Greetings Film Buffs

I'm planning to place an order for the following DVD box sets:

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1960's - 21 disc - 110 episodes) - The Complete Collection
Top Cat (1960's - 5 disc - 30 episodes) - The Complete Series
Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show (1950's - 20 discs - 142 episodes) - The Complete Collection
Hancock's Half Hour (1950's - 8 disc's - 37 episodes) - The Complete Collection

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
My order of four box sets have finally arrived, total cost £105.00 UK pounds (£105.00 divided by 54 disc's = £1.94 per disc - smugs ville).

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
(1960's - 21 disc - 110 episodes) - The Complete Collection
Top Cat (1960's - 5 disc - 30 episodes) - The Complete Series
Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show (1950's - 20 discs - 142 episodes) - The Complete Collection
Hancock's Half Hour (1950's - 8 disc's - 37 episodes) - The Complete Collection

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
Please PM Neighbor and Gift Requests
Username
SDave, Derby, and Tatsu
I am watching and follow up to now the TV Series:
1) The flash seasons 1,2
2) Blindspot season 1
3) Quantico season 1
4) The Magicians season 1
5) Supergirl season 1
6) Legends of Tomorrow season 1
This is 2015-2016
It sounds like you would also like:
  • Marvel Agents of SHIELD
  • The Blacklist
  • Grimm

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'm currently working my way through Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea (1960's - 21 disc - 110 episodes) - just reached the end of season one - by the time I get through this and all the remaining box set's it will be late 2016 - also live TV events to watch - World Snooker from Sheffield, European Championship football from France, the Olympics from Rio and of course tennis from Wimbledon - worth paying the TV license.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
I like, specially the blacklist but not yet watch i am just waiting to finish the above.
I like The Blacklist.
I was very surprised to see an episode set in Warsaw (s2 e2). It was hilarious to me - filmmakers could not disguise the fact they're still back in NYC but it was very funny to watch them try. Still, it was quite faithful as Hollywood standards get. : )

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
axyzhtt
Username
Bongerman
I like The Blacklist.
I was very surprised to see an episode set in Warsaw (s2 e2). It was hilarious to me - filmmakers could not disguise the fact they're still back in NYC but it was very funny to watch them try. Still, it was quite faithful as Hollywood standards get. : )
Season 1 was great, season 2 is pointless. Lost interest after s2e1 lol.

Top Bottom