Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Choosing the most efficient energy for your city

energy icon.png

To save you all a lot of reading, I will give you the answer right here - the most cost effective electricity for your city is Tesla Power Plants! By a lot!!!!!

But if you want to see the calculations, this post will go through the math and strategies. All of these buildings can be found in this section of the wiki https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/industries/

At the early stages of the game, you will buy energy with coins because that's what you have. The options are Power Plant, Wind Turbine, Solar Panel and Coal Station. You can find information on these buildings here https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/industries/

BuildingPriceEnergy addedSpace NeededEnergy Produced per SquareCost per Unit of Energy
Power Plant100 coins61x1616.67 coins
Wind Turbine800 coins101x11080 coins
Solar Panel4000 coins141x114285.7 coins
Coal Station8000 coins602x215133.34 coins

When you look at this table, the decision seems easy. Power Plants produce the cheapest energy so load up on those.

No.

Your city will need a lot of electricity to power buildings, building upgrades and even runway extensions. So when you are calculating the efficiency of electricity, you should think about the cost of land rather than the cost of the buildings in coins. You will get to a point in the game where you have no more need for coins and only green cash will matter. After the 20th land expansion, every expansion can only be purchased with greenies.

So in the above table, the most efficient electricity based on the cost of land would be the coal station if you have a 2x2 space and solar panels if it's harder to find the space and can only fit 1x1 buildings. You might start with a power plant, but as you have more coins, replace the power plants with solar panels.

A high end city could use as much as 8000 units of electricity - maybe more if you want to be creative with your city design, or less if you want to be more energy efficient. If you used only coal stations, you would need 34 city squares to generate 8000 electricity. And there is actually a point in the game when you energy consumption will likely go down - when you have all the coins you need and you remove coin producers in favor of adventure buildings that mostly use no electricity.

And given the cost of land (90 greenies on sale for later land expansions), you will want to ultimately replace any of the above electricity generating buildings with more efficient electricity producers preventing the requirement to buy more land. If you get up to 6-7 city squares with electricity buildings purchased with coins, it's time to start thinking about replacing the coal stations with more efficient buildings that are less expensive than additional land. For one land expansion on sale (90 greens), you can purchase 3 tesla power plants on sale and still have 18 greenies left over.

So let's do some space based calculations on the assumption of the cost of land at 90 greenies per city square. Although each of these scenarios are calculated based on 1200 units of electricity, you will ultimately require much more than than.

Tesla Power Plant
1642688594956.png

- 1 city square @ 90 greenies = 90
- 4 teslas on sale for 24 greenies each = 96
- total 186 greenies

Solar Power Station
1642689053618.png

- just over 1 1/2 city squares = 140.625
- 25 solar power stations @ 9 greenies each = 225
- total 365.63

Windmill
1642688809529.png

- almost 2 city squares = 168.75 greenies
- 30 windmills @ 8 greenies each = 240greenies
- total 408.75 greenies

By comparison to the most efficient electricity purchased with coins

Coal Station
1642689348086.png

- building cost only coins
- 5 city squares @ 90 greenies = 450
- total 450 greenies

Besides the Electrical Substation that every player gets through game play at 75 days, there are two other electricity producing buildings that can be acquired through collections - one through regular game play and one from an event.

Airforce - from Celestial Festival Event. Cost - nothing. Produces 100 electricity
1642689649994.png

- building has no cost
- 3 city squares at 90 greens = 270
- total 270 greenies

Nuclear Power Plant - from regular game play. Thunderbird flights to Tehran.
This is a bit tougher to work into the grid above because they require 3x3 land to fit.
1642691451534.png

- building cost N/A
- land cost for 4 1/2 squares at 90 greens = 405

So, bringing it all together based on the cost of 1200 electricity ...

BuildingCost of BuildingsCost of LandTotal Cost in Greenies
1stTesla Power Plant96 greens (when on sale)90 greens186 greens
2ndAirforceN/A270 greens270 greens
3rdSolar Power Station225 greens141 greens366 greens
4thNuclear Power PlantN/A405 greens405 greens
5thWindmill240 greens169 greens409 greens
6thCoal Station160,000 coins450 greens450 greens

The results are in. Buy Tesla Power Plants as soon as you can afford them. They are by far the most efficient in terms of cost.

Attachments

• 1642689767076.png
    1642689767076.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Nayeon

1100+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03i2am107
Username
Nayeon
Excellent analysis! I did my own "napkin math" and came to the same conclusion that later in the game Tesla Power Plants are the way to go.

To add to the benefit and return on investment for those Tesla Power Plants, they go on sale from time to time too, so when they do you can get them at an ever lower cost. :)

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
Excellent analysis! I did my own "napkin math" and came to the same conclusion that later in the game Tesla Power Plants are the way to go.

To add to the benefit and return on investment for those Tesla Power Plants, they go on sale from time to time too, so when they do you can get them at an ever lower cost. :)
Thanks and yes, the math was based on the sale price but even if you don't get them on sale, it's still the cheapest.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
View attachment 62054

To save you all a lot of reading, I will give you the answer right here - Tesla Power Plants!

But if you want to see the calculations, this post will go through the math and strategies. All of these buildings can be found in this section of the wiki https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/industries/

At the early stages of the game, you will buy energy with coins because that's what you have. The options are Power Plant, Wind Turbine, Solar Panel and Coal Station. You can find information on these buildings here https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/industries/

BuildingPriceEnergy addedSpace NeededEnergy Produced per SquareCost per Unit of Energy
Power Plant100 coins61x1616.67 coins
Wind Turbine800 coins101x11080 coins
Solar Panel4000 coins141x114285.7 coins
Coal Station8000 coins602x215133.34 coins

When you look at this table, the decision seems easy. Power Plants produce the cheapest energy so load up on those.

No. You will need a lot of electricity in this game to power buildings, building upgrades and even runway extensions. And when you are calculating the cost of electricity, you need to be thinking about the cost of land rather than the cost in coins. You will get to a point in the game where you have no more need for coins and only green cash will matter. After the 20th land expansion, every expansion after that can only be purchased with greenies.

So in the above table, the most efficient electricity based on the cost of land would be the coal station if you have a 2x2 space and solar panels if it's harder to find the space and can only fit 1x1 buildings. You might start with a power plant, but as you have more coins, replace the power plants with solar panels.

But given the cost of land (90 greenies on sale for later land expansions), you will want to ultimately replace any of the above buildings with more efficient electricity producers preventing the requirement to buy more land. If you get up to 6 city squares with electricity buildings purchased with coins, it's time to start thinking about replacing them with more efficient buildings that are less expensive than additional land.

So let's do some space based calculations on the assumption of the cost of land at 90 greenies per city square. Although each of these scenarios are calculated based on 1200 units of electricity, you will ultimately require much more than than.

Tesla Power Plant
View attachment 62047
- 1 city square @ 90 greenies = 90
- 4 teslas on sale for 24 greenies each = 96
- total 186 greenies

Solar Power Station
View attachment 62050
- just over 1 1/2 city squares = 140.625
- 25 solar power stations @ 9 greenies each = 225
- total 365.63

Windmill
View attachment 62049
- almost 2 city squares = 168.75 greenies
- 30 windmills @ 8 greenies each = 240greenies
- total 408.75 greenies

By comparison to the most efficient electricity purchased with coins

Coal Station
View attachment 62051
- building cost only coins
- 5 city squares @ 90 greenies = 450
- total 450 greenies

Besides the Electrical Substation that every player gets through game play at 75 days, there are two other electricity producing buildings that can be acquired through collections - one through regular game play and one from an event.

Airforce - from Celestial Festival Event. Cost - nothing. Produces 100 electricity
View attachment 62052
- building has no cost
- 3 city squares at 90 greens = 270
- total 270 greenies

Nuclear Power Plant - from regular game play. Thunderbird flights to Tehran.
This is a bit tougher to work into the grid above because they require 3x3 land to fit.
View attachment 62055
- building cost N/A
- land cost for 4 1/2 squares at 90 greens = 405

So, bringing it all together based on the cost of 1200 electricity ...

BuildingCost of BuildingsCost of LandTotal Cost in Greenies
1stTesla Power Plant96 greens (when on sale)90 greens186 greens
2ndAirforceN/A270 greens270 greens
3rdSolar Power Station225 greens141 greens366 greens
4thNuclear Power PlantN/A405 greens405 greens
5thWindmill240 greens169 greens409 greens
6thCoal Station160,000 coins450 greens450 greens

The results are in. Buy Tesla Power Plants as soon as you can afford them. They are by far the most efficient in terms of cost.
Recently switched out some nuclear power plants for airforce, and it's nice seeing the numbers back it up. Excellent work 👏🏿

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
@Navigata07 I had a leftover block in my airport so I did build one too. Since I had it in the collection and had the land, there was no cost to me at that moment. But eventually, I will replace my airforce and NPP with Tesla

Although right now, there is nothing I need to add to the airport side so no need for more efficient energy

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Navigata07 I had a leftover block in my airport so I did build one too. Since I had it in the collection and had the land, there was no cost to me at that moment. But eventually, I will replace my airforce and NPP with Tesla

Although right now, there is nothing I need to add to the airport side so no need for more efficient energy
Yes for me nowadays its tesla if available and air force 2nd. Im not growing my city anymore really, so the focus is more about efficiency.

Top Bottom