Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Chat Room Success for QL Party

Today the chat room was put through it's paces with a QL party arranged by @Ken Kyu Air and the results we're fantastic.
As they say, communication is key, and it seemed to go without any hiccups at all with the real time chat. Any minor deveations were quickly notified to other members taking part.

I would highly recommend anyone proposing to hold a QL Party to take full advantage of the 'Launch Room" on the chat. Remember if you want to keep it a bit more private, then you can create your own chat room and either invite members or give them a password to enter.

I can't believe I didn't add something like this to the forum much earlier!

Dave, thanks for your management of the site - it gives us a great resource for improving/advancing in the game, and just adds the overall experience.

I've been members of other forums and subreddits devoted to other games, and they usually just devolve into some form of "join my alliance/guild/team/etc." with no real content. This site does a great job of helping all who want to move along together.

Keep it up!

Dave, thanks for your management of the site - it gives us a great resource for improving/advancing in the game, and just adds the overall experience.

I've been members of other forums and subreddits devoted to other games, and they usually just devolve into some form of "join my alliance/guild/team/etc." with no real content. This site does a great job of helping all who want to move along together.

Keep it up!

Thanks @A-Flyin , appreciate that.
This really is a great community and so proud of it. Players helping players, that's what it's all about :D

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
I have a few questions about the chat that I thought were worth posting publicly;
1 How do you react to a chat post other than ‘like’? I’m not sure if it’s the safari iOS browser, or me being thick, but I can’t work it out. I assumed it would be in the same manner as forum posts but that doesn’t appear to work.
2 How are the notifications set up for chat? I have been notified of a like, and of a tag, but not every time. There have been tags I’ve missed, and (less importantly) reactions I’ve missed. I think i’ve missed quotes too.
I suspect it’s because I keep the chat open in a different tab that causes this?
I‘m wondering if anyone else has experienced the same, or if it’s me/my device/browser.

I have a few questions about the chat that I thought were worth posting publicly;
1 How do you react to a chat post other than ‘like’? I’m not sure if it’s the safari iOS browser, or me being thick, but I can’t work it out. I assumed it would be in the same manner as forum posts but that doesn’t appear to work.
2 How are the notifications set up for chat? I have been notified of a like, and of a tag, but not every time. There have been tags I’ve missed, and (less importantly) reactions I’ve missed. I think i’ve missed quotes too.
I suspect it’s because I keep the chat open in a different tab that causes this?
I‘m wondering if anyone else has experienced the same, or if it’s me/my device/browser.

You should have the option when you hover over a post on the chat to:

Then there is the option of using @username to tag a chatter

I belive that if you are not viewing the chat, then you should get a notification.

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
You should have the option when you hover over a post on the chat to:

Then there is the option of using @username to tag a chatter

I belive that if you are not viewing the chat, then you should get a notification.
I have the following options;
3360CE61-5CE2-4702-85C4-EE337B60399C.jpeg

I have seen other members ‘react’ with options other than just ‘like’ - I can’t seem to get that option to appear.
In the forum, from my tablet, if I touch and hold for ~0.5S I get the reactions appear (as below). This doesn’t work in the same manner on the chat. I’m thinking this may be due to the tablet...?
58461C17-03C3-4BF4-B720-51967230A175.png

Understood, maybe I need to close the chat when I’m not using it for extended periods, or just watch it all day 😂

Barkmi4 (Mike)

1000+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
PM
Username
Barkmi4 *items*
Be interested to know. I've only tested on Edge, Chrome and Firefox on PC, and Chrome, Samsung Browser on mobile.
I’ve tried this now on safari (tablet), chrome (tablet), chrome (pc) and cannot get any option other than like. I’ve tried a hover, right click, and long click - none seem to work for me in chat 🤨
Seems I’m the only one too.

Bigglesbaz

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20so7vj6
Username
Bigglesbaz
Today the chat room was put through it's paces with a QL party arranged by @Ken Kyu Air and the results we're fantastic.
As they say, communication is key, and it seemed to go without any hiccups at all with the real time chat. Any minor deveations were quickly notified to other members taking part.

I would highly recommend anyone proposing to hold a QL Party to take full advantage of the 'Launch Room" on the chat. Remember if you want to keep it a bit more private, then you can create your own chat room and either invite members or give them a password to enter.

I can't believe I didn't add something like this to the forum much earlier!
In which case, what else have you forgotten LOL :) :) :) Baz :)

Top Bottom