Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Buildings

Now we've virtually completed the flights and destinations, I was going to look at adding in the Buildings.

So far it seems we have:

Residential Buildings
Airport Buildings
Commercial Buildings
Industry Buildings
Decorations
Event Buildings
Collectable Buildings

I was thinking we start on the Residential Buildings and work through one section at a time? It's just a case of working out how best to template this, as there are quite a few different variables.
An example being the Merry Go Round - Gives out normal passengers until it's the valentines event then gives out Romantic Passengers.

It does appear, however would need to test it, that I can make one template with everything in it, and the bits that are not needed can be removed when adding the details. So the Merry Go Round could have:

| passengers= 5
| romantic_passengers 5 (When event active)
| event_name= On The Wings of Love

Whereas when creating a listing for a normal residental building you would remove the elements not required and just have:

| passengers= 5

It's just a case of working through and seeing every possible catergory that may be needed to start with.

Residential Buildings Template created here. If i've missed anything or it needs adjusting, please let me know. https://www.airportcitygame.com/wiki/residential_buildings_template/

It seems like if I add things to the template, you can't take them out when creating a page. As such, i've added things that may or may not be needed, such as

Passengers
Helicopter Passengers
Romantic Passengers

If they are not needed, just put None, Zero, N/A or similar. It was easier this way rather then creating a bunch load of different templates which could then get confusing, or knowing GI, need altering when the update the game.

I've been having a play around, adding some residential properties to the buildings section.

Most of it is very easy and straight forward, as the information is available in the shopping cart.

One big hurdle is the "Drops from neighbour" section. Unless you know off the top of your head, it's a case of clicking on every item in the collections tab to see what it drops. My sugegestion would just to have what it drops from your own city, and remove the "Drops from neighbour" part.

When we get round to adding the items, such as "Bottle", it would have a section saying:
Drops from neighbour: Townhouse

If most people are looking for an item, they will search the items name, rather then browse through all the buildings to see which one it drops from as their neighbour.

Hopefully that makes sense. Just want to see what everyone else thinks.

SASgold

150+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
035wwj2gl
Username
SASgold
That's a possibility. Just trying to keep things as simple as possible. See what others say.
I'm still thinking of trying to parse the information available by screen scraping. If so, then one could auto-generate 2-way relations (building-2-item as well as item-2-building)... Just the matter of time available, will see if I have some luck once weekends come.

Agree that info on where to get items are more important than info on what items that drops from building, so should likely start with the items.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03j2z0gz (PM me when adding, or your request might get deleted)
Username
VdW
I've been having a play around, adding some residential properties to the buildings section.

Most of it is very easy and straight forward, as the information is available in the shopping cart.

One big hurdle is the "Drops from neighbour" section. Unless you know off the top of your head, it's a case of clicking on every item in the collections tab to see what it drops. My sugegestion would just to have what it drops from your own city, and remove the "Drops from neighbour" part.

When we get round to adding the items, such as "Bottle", it would have a section saying:
Drops from neighbour: Townhouse

If most people are looking for an item, they will search the items name, rather then browse through all the buildings to see which one it drops from as their neighbour.

Hopefully that makes sense. Just want to see what everyone else thinks.

Passengers:
passengers.png
Helicopter Passengers:
hpassengers.png
Romantic Passengers:
Romantic_Passengers.png
Drops Items:None
Neighbour Items:None

Don't forget there is also cursed passengers (or zombie, something like that) for Curse of The Valley of The King event. So maybe, the "Romantic Pax" can be changed to "Event Pax"?

What about changing the name of Helicopter Pax to Tourists? GI uses the term tourist to describe Heli Pax.

What does neighbor items mean? Is it about the what items you get when clicking Neighbor's buildings? For me, I don't think it's important in the building section. You can leave the field there, and we'll work through it slowly.

In addition, do you think it's important to put the costs info about selling the building and storing the building to the warehouse?

Good idea changing Romantic passengers to Event Passengers. Covers the wiki going forward incase they add any more types for different events.

Neighbour items is what drops when you click on the neighbours version of the building. I don't think it's important being here either. Depends whether other people want to keep it or not. Might look incomplete if the majority are empty as is a huge tasking finding that info.

Selling and storing costs is a good idea. Not sure how easy it would be to find the selling price though.

Passengers:
passengers.png
Helicopter Passengers:
hpassengers.png
Romantic Passengers:
Romantic_Passengers.png
Drops Items:None
Neighbour Items:None

Don't forget there is also cursed passengers (or zombie, something like that) for Curse of The Valley of The King event. So maybe, the "Romantic Pax" can be changed to "Event Pax"?

What about changing the name of Helicopter Pax to Tourists? GI uses the term tourist to describe Heli Pax.

What does neighbor items mean? Is it about the what items you get when clicking Neighbor's buildings? For me, I don't think it's important in the building section. You can leave the field there, and we'll work through it slowly.

In addition, do you think it's important to put the costs info about selling the building and storing the building to the warehouse?
Agree
Agree
Agree Yes. Maybe less for low end buildings but important for high end. so every type. Also think in Helicopter section should have resale price and what you can store in warehouse and what you cant.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
Ok, so the consensus is to:
Change Romantic Passengers to Event Passengers
Add Selling and Storage costs
Keep Neighbour Items

(y)

Can add resale price for the Helicopters, that's not an issue. Also for planes?
Not sure what you mean by the warehouse bit though.

And changing the term "helicopter pax" to "Tourist".

Warehouse means storing the buildings to warehouse. It costs you money too. But some building can't be stored.

VdW

600+ Star Club
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Username
VdW
The updated Residential Buildings template.
Anything else need adding/removing or changing?

I'll add the same section :

Removing Plane
Selling
Warehouse Cost

and

Removing Helicopter
Selling
Warehouse Cost

?

We can add selling plane and helicopter for the Aircraft templates, but I don't think you can store them in Warehouse. You can only sell them.

For the residential building template, I think it's good.

Top Bottom