Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Anchorage Item Drop Rate

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
@Davescharf @Bob69bob @skiv @Letadelko Kane
I tagged you guys because you all seemed to have been flying to Anchorage recently, and all placed in the top 100 at some point. Kudos to all of you.
I've been flying for weeks myself, and I am one who is willing to put in the work to complete a worthy collection. However, for me, the drop rates for the Gold Rush collection has been dismal....more so than normal level of dismal. I'm creating this thread to find out if the experience has been the same for you all. It could be that the drop rate for all items are worse than normal because of the Golden High Rise, but if you guys have had better luck in terms of drop rates, let me know. It could just be that my RNG is just terrible (which it is when it comes to PEBs in launch boxes, but that's a bigger can of worms). Just curious about your experiences. Thanks.

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift
@Davescharf @Bob69bob @skiv @Letadelko Kane
I tagged you guys because you all seemed to have been flying to Anchorage recently, and all placed in the top 100 at some point. Kudos to all of you.
I've been flying for weeks myself, and I am one who is willing to put in the work to complete a worthy collection. However, for me, the drop rates for the Gold Rush collection has been dismal....more so than normal level of dismal. I'm creating this thread to find out if the experience has been the same for you all. It could be that the drop rate for all items are worse than normal because of the Golden High Rise, but if you guys have had better luck in terms of drop rates, let me know. It could just be that my RNG is just terrible (which it is when it comes to PEBs in launch boxes, but that's a bigger can of worms). Just curious about your experiences. Thanks.
Well I got 1 Golden High Rise after 3-starring (400 flights) Anchorage. I see that I have 2 more collections to go for a second one. The drop distribution is pretty even (1-1-6-1-0) on the incomplete collection which is pretty rare - usually it is 20-20-20-20-0. But yes, pretty bad but it is a desirable building. I've moved on to another destination for my 3-Falcons but will come back in a while to get that second building. I found that with Hong Kong that it helps to switch it up a bit. I want the Investment Bank but wasn't getting any drops, so changed the destination and recently started flying there again and am only one item away from that building.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
What I would really like to know is how to reduce the break-rate on those Falcons. 3-hour flight, 12-hour repair, repeat.....
Only two ways to overcome that:
1) Fly more falcons than needed. I fly 5, with the expectation that 2 or 3 of them will always be in flight
2) Get yourself a Golden Key, and use it with Golden Dice

I think I may switch it up though. Maybe the game can pick up when youre after a collection and makes it harder for repeated flights

My best advice (and you’re not going to like it :ROFLMAO:) is forget the falcons. I’ve been flying 7 and the breakdown rate is terrible!!! That is why my alliance focuses on the 70% task completion (the bonus is a massive reduction in breakdown rates) but it’s hard work. We made the 70% this week but server issues didn’t count the last task so now I have 4 falcons in the repair base :banghead:.

I have 5 golden high rises (4 in the warehouse). They (almost) all came from adventure buildings. I changed my strategy about 12 months ago and sold all of my top end aircraft and went back to basics. Ie. 3 star every aircraft destination, including adventure maps and space launch maps. I now have 47 adventure buildings (+2350 population increase) which are constanatly completing collections for aircraft that I haven’t even bought yet! Bonuses galore, 2 nuclear power plants and more.

My fleet consists of 7 falcons, 4 giants, 5 PPDs, 6 jumbos and singles of a couple of others sitting idle for events. I’m very close to finishing the last of the jumbo adventure maps and then they’ll be done with. Everything below jumbos is done (except for alliance maps which I’ve only just started gathering. When the jumbos are done, I’ll attack alliance maps going all the way back to PPDs and working back through the aircraft types. I’m not even considering moving above Falcons until that’s done.

Last edited:

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
My best advice (and you’re not going to like it :ROFLMAO:) is forget the falcons. I’ve been flying 7 and the breakdown rate is terrible!!! That is why my alliance focuses on the 70% task completion (the bonus is a massive reduction in breakdown rates) but it’s hard work. We made the 70% this week but server issues didn’t count the last task so now I have 4 falcons in the repair base :banghead:.

I have 5 golden high rises (4 in the warehouse). They (almost) all came from adventure buildings. I changed my strategy about 12 months ago and sold all of my top end aircraft and went back to basics. Ie. 3 star every aircraft destination, including adventure maps and space launch maps. I now have 47 adventure buildings (+2350 population increase) which are constanatly completing collections for aircraft that I haven’t even bought yet! Bonuses galore, 2 nuclear power plants and more.
That’s a route I am aiming for at present. Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Yes all planes above jumbos have pretty bad breakdown rates, but the falcons emphasize it more because each flight is only 3 hours vs 8 or 9 hours. I only have a few adventure buildings, so I still have to rely on the falcons to get it done. As I stated earlier, the only way to counter the breakdown (without any bonuses) is to fly more falcons than you need. Because you also need a lot of earplugs, the breakdowns are actually welcome, as it puts a dent in the item consumption.

Yes all planes above jumbos have pretty bad breakdown rates, but the falcons emphasize it more because each flight is only 3 hours vs 8 or 9 hours. I only have a few adventure buildings, so I still have to rely on the falcons to get it done. As I stated earlier, the only way to counter the breakdown (without any bonuses) is to fly more falcons than you need. Because you also need a lot of earplugs, the breakdowns are actually welcome, as it puts a dent in the item consumption.
Absolutely, the 3 hrs is a killer. My one major error in my plan was buying that first falcon (and then another and another) before finishing giants. I realised my error when I had 4 of them and I just couldn’t bring myself to blow all the coins buy selling them off. Lesson learned the hard way because I wasn’t ready for the 3 hr turnarounds. I broke my own advice, rushed ahead and paid the penalty. I’ve had 6 factories pumping out lollipops for a year and had 1000s in stock. Then, quite unexpectedly, I was out! Panic mode, lol. 3 extra months doing giants would have given me another ~1000 to play with ;).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Absolutely, the 3 hrs is a killer. My one major error in my plan was buying that first falcon (and then another and another) before finishing giants. I realised my error when I had 4 of them and I just couldn’t bring myself to blow all the coins buy selling them off. Lesson learned the hard way because I wasn’t ready for the 3 hr turnarounds. I broke my own advice, rushed ahead and paid the penalty. I’ve had 6 factories pumping out lollipops for a year and had 1000s in stock. Then, quite unexpectedly, I was out! Panic mode, lol. 3 extra months doing giants would have given me another ~1000 to play with ;).
I see. Yeah its wise to build up your stock before you start the consumption. I can handle the flights....those arent the issue. Its just the drop rates.....theyre downright depressing! They drop as rarely as weather flight items from flights (now you know those are super rare). However, I'm going to try what @skiv recommended; rotating flight destinations. I wonder if the game truly has a reaction mechanism to reduce drop rates if destinations are flown too frequently. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot

I see. Yeah its wise to build up your stock before you start the consumption. I can handle the flights....those arent the issue. Its just the drop rates.....theyre downright depressing! They drop as rarely as weather flight items from flights (now you know those are super rare). However, I'm going to try what @skiv recommended; rotating flight destinations. I wonder if the game truly has a reaction mechanism to reduce drop rates if destinations are flown too frequently. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot
Weather items?? Are they still a thing? Since the Met lab became available they’re a non issue. Even if you don’t fly helos, it’s still worth collecting a few related items just to make sure you don’t get caught without them. No gifting, no weather rings, just make your own ;).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Weather items?? Are they still a thing? Since the Met lab became available they’re a non issue. Even if you don’t fly helos, it’s still worth collecting a few related items just to make sure you don’t get caught without them. No gifting, no weather rings, just make your own ;).
Oh yeah I know that. I have a healthy supply from the weather rings of old, but yes the meteorology lab was genius. Now if they would only use my Aerospace Lab idea to create rare launch items from common launch items...:D

I’ve kicked around buying a 3rd Falcon but I think I’m going to hold off. My lollipop consumption is about what I’m producing but I’ll probably add another factory soon.

I don’t know how many Anchorage drops I’ve received from my 10 collectible (non space) buildings but I have 1 high rise and currently sit at 4-2-7-7-0. I’ve flown 259 flights to Anchorage

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I’ve kicked around buying a 3rd Falcon but I think I’m going to hold off. My lollipop consumption is about what I’m producing but I’ll probably add another factory soon.

I don’t know how many Anchorage drops I’ve received from my 10 collectible (non space) buildings but I have 1 high rise and currently sit at 4-2-7-7-0. I’ve flown 259 flights to Anchorage
Thanks for the feedback. I think it may just be a super rare drop because of the reward. Gonna hold off and come back to it later, and see if the drops improve

skiv

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20jt8mdr
Username
skiv/most-desired-gift

My fleet consists of 7 falcons, 4 giants, 5 PPDs, 6 jumbos and singles of a couple of others sitting idle for events. I’m very close to finishing the last of the jumbo adventure maps and then they’ll be done with. Everything below jumbos is done (except for alliance maps which I’ve only just started gathering. When the jumbos are done, I’ll attack alliance maps going all the way back to PPDs and working back through the aircraft types. I’m not even considering moving above Falcons until that’s done.
Wow! I'm going to have to re-read and absorb this. I went the predictable route - 3 of each type from falcon to condor - and only have 6 adventure buildings. Thanks for the advice.

I agree with you that the break down terrible the same with me in same time 5 falcon after 12h i start to send 2 by 2 again break down.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Wow! I'm going to have to re-read and absorb this. I went the predictable route - 3 of each type from falcon to condor - and only have 6 adventure buildings. Thanks for the advice.
Just as a warning. Remember, Adventure buildings are meant for passive collecting. Notice that @Bob69bob wasn't really pursuing that specific collection at the time. Not downplaying adventure buildings at all (you should definitely have at least a few), but for a specific collection, you still want to do the flights and hope that the adventure buildings may throw you a bone or two along the way (got a pick axe once from my Quantum Skyscraper). Adventure buildings are great for helping you with future collections that you may actively go after, not so much for the current ones (unless you have a lot of adventure buildings)

Top Bottom