Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Alliance Ranking (9/20/2020 to 9/27/2020)

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Just wanted to share a plot I created based on every 10th placement of the top 100 alliance ranking, with the top 3 rankings having their own plot. Two things to note:
1) The difference between ranks really staggers up once you reach the top 30
2)The top 3 alliances dwarf the remaining 97 alliances in terms of the staggering difference between their ranks. (The 3 leftmost points in the first graph are the top 3 alliances)

Now I'm sure plenty of reasons can be used to explain this graph, but I have no clue what they are. What is this data telling you?

SmartSelect_20200928-112812_Sheets.jpg

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I love the level 1 alliance this week that is in 3rd place with a level 66 player that has flown 432,360 pax already with only 1/2 day since the tasks getting assigned.
I am not one to state what is possible vs what isnt. Maybe they burned a lot of fuel during that time? I honestly don't know how a lot of the players fly so much within a week. Im sure there are methods that many arent aware of

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I know number of pax is what counts for ranking.

But for me, I also see top alliances with less than 20 members. They play very hard to constantly fly that much pax every week.

Also, a few alliances have 1-2 people who fly majority of their pax per week (the carry).
This I certainly have seen. I call these people the "heavy hitters", and if you want to be in the top alliances, most of them have a few in their ranks. It is a hit or miss strategy because if their numbers are interrupted significantly, the entire alliance struggles. What I'm curious about is whether its just a matter of them burning lots of extra fuel each week. If that is the case, will things change once they have burned off all the fuel they have accumulated over the years? Who to tell. The bottom line is that there is a clear divide here in terms of the top 30 vs the remaining 70, and even moreso, the top 3 vs the remaining 97

Arch

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gxsm0eq
Username
Arch
I assume the top alliances save up for a few weeks and then go hard for top position. As opposed to maximising pax each week - this will introduce some skewness. It was mentioned elsewhere and it makes sense (though i have no knowledge of it) there is possibly some collusion and pre-determined weekly positions between top alliances.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I assume the top alliances save up for a few weeks and then go hard for top position. As opposed to maximising pax each week - this will introduce some skewness. It was mentioned elsewhere and it makes sense (though i have no knowledge of it) there is possibly some collusion and pre-determined weekly positions between top alliances.
There certainly may be some truth to this, as I have heard the same. However, a lot of these alliances are consistently ranked where they are, so there must be some level of consistent high pax to be where they are. These plans will create surges, but the change will be amongst themselves in the higher ranks.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
There are certainly some top 10 alliances that do that - save for weeks and plan a run. Seasoned players with saved resources and strategy. Maybe some planning too (collusion - nah, too harsh a word - forum members, competing alliances, communication between the groups). I don't have a problem with that at all.

There are obvious cheaters - 750k pax without a single passenger building. Lower level, 500k in half a day without a visa center or much to speak of for fleet or passenger generation. Alliances who are in the top 5 every week with the same single flyer bringing in most of the pax

I heard directly from a variety of people from several alliances that rank almost every week in the top 5. There are dubious practices in play by them all and when pressed for their justification, they’ve similarly responded, “because the others are doing it”. I’ve even had it suggested to me, that if I wanted to make a run for first spot with my alliance, I’d be far more likely at success if I reached out and asked those alliances for permission. 🍍:finger:

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I heard directly from a variety of people from several alliances that rank almost every week in the top 5. There are dubious practices in play by them all and when pressed for their justification, they’ve similarly responded, “because the others are doing it”. I’ve even had it suggested to me, that if I wanted to make a run for first spot with my alliance, I’d be far more likely at success if I reached out and asked those alliances for permission. 🍍:finger:
Assuming this is some light humor to start off the day? 😲

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Assume wrong. Nothing particularly humourous about it. !
I know that there are certainly some funny business going on in some of the top alliances, but the fact that these alliances are in cahoots with each of their practices is on a whole different level. "Asking permission" to get the top spot is not what I would expect. @Bob69bob tends to joke about things sometimes, so I thought this was one of those times. Was hoping he wasn't serious.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Unfortunately @Bob69bob was not joking. o_O:censored:
Well....they say data doesn't lie...and clearly the data shows exactly that. The top 3 alliances that week easily dwarfed everyone else. I know there are some fantastic flyers who can put up large numbers, but even I suspected that something was going on. I mean...is there anything that can be done?

Well....they say data doesn't lie...and clearly the data shows exactly that. The top 3 alliances that week easily dwarfed everyone else. I know there are some fantastic flyers who can put up large numbers, but even I suspected that something was going on. I mean...is there anything that can be done?
only online, there should be no game files on the device

Top Bottom