Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Alliance map drop rate?

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
The reason I've tag all of you is to ask about your experience with running Alliance maps for the "Black" planes. I've been trying to get Golden Shoes from Santa Cruz for the Black Giant. I've flown 71 flights and have only gotten 3 items. I've stacked a Sky Captain, Golden Dice, Dice, and Spy Glass (a total of 400% increase). What gives? Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Any advise would be appreciated.

@Madge59230 @Dave @Mouse @mo elbo @Husam @Captain WH Rollins @Chloe11111 @A350 @Alf @AMG @Bob69bob @Harcourt @KingJJ @Navigata07 @TeresaLisboa @Pit1024 @TheDarkside

The reason I've tag all of you is to ask about your experience with running Alliance maps for the "Black" planes. I've been trying to get Golden Shoes from Santa Cruz for the Black Giant. I've flown 71 flights and have only gotten 3 items. I've stacked a Sky Captain, Golden Dice, Dice, and Spy Glass (a total of 400% increase). What gives? Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Any advise would be appreciated.

@Madge59230 @Dave @Mouse @mo elbo @Husam @Captain WH Rollins @Chloe11111 @A350 @Alf @AMG @Bob69bob @Harcourt @KingJJ @Navigata07 @TeresaLisboa @Pit1024 @TheDarkside
S3 planes not easy to get even you use bonuses.
You have to fly a lot to get drops for me i fly more than 500 flights for 5 destinations to get 5 or 6 S3 planes.
I am still doing this time to time and some cities the drop more others so you doing good just keep flying.
The best advice i can give you is
if you have enough fuel (I try it my self) use Spirit of Adventure too.
First save fuel.
Active 5 maps.
Active all bounces you mention plus 3 or 4 Spirit of Adventure to make the maps work for almost 10 hours or more.

From my experience drop rates stay low till you get the first star, but yours do look very very low. On that destination i got 18 drops for 109 flights. But everyone’s expérience is different. Change destination. Then go back later. Could just be bad vibes. It happens sometimes that 1 destination is harder than the others. Try a reboot before you start flying too, just to clear out any junk. You’re not doing anything wrong, just a bad run.

Well.. it's an old data but hope it will help you. Guess you were not lucky. But if you keep trying, there will be good days.

Gold Shoes18Santa Cruz15
DatesDropsFlightsRate
Overall
18​
217​
8%​

9​
116​
8%​
2019-08-15​
1​
41​
2%​
2020-02-26​
8​
60​
13%​

I flew yesterday alliance map with full stack of bonuses (SC, Junior Pilot, SG, GD, D plus one time Potion of Luck). I had significantly better drop rate than you.
Different from Husam's advice I would recommend to fly the maps one by one. Try to fly as many flights as possible during the duration of the map (with or without Spirit of Adventure extension). My point is that alliance maps are the most restricted resource in the game (50 destinations and you receive for ranking 5th and lower 3, 2 or 1 map weekly) - try to do most of each single map.
What I have experienced is that in average I have quite stable drop rate. However, the distribution is very uneven. It means, if you fly 50 flights, you might be very lucky, but you might be very unlucky. I had map runs when after 200 flights I had very low drop rate and then the next 100 flights were dropping items like from horn of plenty :) So my recommendation is: collect passengers, fuel and flight items and fly as many flights as possible - I would say 200-250 flights should always be possible to make in a single map run.

Chloe11111

1000+ Star Club
Admin
Wiki Editor
Musketeers Alliance
I haven't done S3 maps yet but there is a thread here on different people's experience https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/recent-s3-map-runners.28142/

As mentioned by Pete, I also use Jr Pilot bonus and focus on 1 map at a time. I normally fly 250 or 450 flights per run. I always use at least 6 planes in the map run.

Agree with Madge, drop rates tend to improve between star 1 and star 2.

In my last map run, I got approx 75 drops in 450 flight which is ~16.6% rate. That’s about normal for me because I won’t consider a destination completed until I have at least 80 drops.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07

Sounds like you just had a really bad map run. They tend to come in waves sometimes. It's possible that you could get 7 drops in the next 10 to 20 flights....it all depends. The only rule that is true is that the more you fly, the closer you will get to the expected drop rate percentage

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
Ask me for this
Username
John Cena
I did it. Santa-Barbara 37/100

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-25_08-47-44.jpg
    photo_2021-08-25_08-47-44.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
  • photo_2021-08-25_08-47-53.jpg