Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Airport City will not load

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
My laptop was getting hot after hours of being on it today. I closed Airport City and shut down my computer.

15-20 min later, I started up my laptop. I could open Excel and Chrome. Had internet...went to open Airport City and it just sits on the main opening screen of the airplane. It does not load. I have sat at that screen for over 5 minutes with no luck.

I have turned my computer off and on and off and waited an hour. No luck.
I have gone to the Microsoft Store and tried to re-install (without deleting the one on my system). ..it acted like it might have - but still no luck on getting past the main screen (and I never see the LOADING message)

Help! I was deep in the World of the Wilderness (or whatever it is called) with over 5800 hamsters and only 4 tasks to complete...in #8th place on my group. Would like to continue!!

My laptop was getting hot after hours of being on it today. I closed Airport City and shut down my computer.

15-20 min later, I started up my laptop. I could open Excel and Chrome. Had internet...went to open Airport City and it just sits on the main opening screen of the airplane. It does not load. I have sat at that screen for over 5 minutes with no luck.

I have turned my computer off and on and off and waited an hour. No luck.
I have gone to the Microsoft Store and tried to re-install (without deleting the one on my system). ..it acted like it might have - but still no luck on getting past the main screen (and I never see the LOADING message)

Help! I was deep in the World of the Wilderness (or whatever it is called) with over 5800 hamsters and only 4 tasks to complete...in #8th place on my group. Would like to continue!!
Did you send to Gi support ????
If you restart your game it must be work normal.

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
Did you send to Gi support ????
If you restart your game it must be work normal.

I did send to GI support. It takes them days to respond. Was hoping someone else had this problem and knew how to fix.

I restarted game - but never get past the intro screen with the big airplane graphic (it should say loading but it never does). It is like the boot record of the game is corrupt.

AKryztov

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
2022ytz9
Username
AKryztov, Azure
The fact that your pc was "red hot" sounds more like a problem with hardware rather than software programs. I have an old laptop that I occasionally still use (because it has some older programs that I like), but I have to sit it atop a fan to keep it cooled down. And since games like AC use a lot of RAM (or whatever they call it these days); a bad fan can definitely cause your pc to act funny. I'm no computer expert, but what you described sounds more like a sign of failing components. I hope you get it figured out.

Peace

I did send to GI support. It takes them days to respond. Was hoping someone else had this problem and knew how to fix.

I restarted game - but never get past the intro screen with the big airplane graphic (it should say loading but it never does). It is like the boot record of the game is corrupt.
As @A Kryztov said maybe this the reason your old pc or laptop but i can help you to fix your game in 3 ways one of them risky and that because maybe your game crashed this happen with me and i lost all the city and start from zero.
My advice is to wait Gi respond let them fix it for you if the game crashed then they restore it for you.
Second option is the risky one and you have to delete the game (uninstall) and download it again and when you start the game play to level 3 and then close and open it popup show up asking you to chose between to accounts your main game will be there click to take it back. now this way its risky because if your game crashed then it will not return back.
3rd way is my favorite one and the best for me this work fine and easy always i am do it, make backup to your game and deleted then download it again from MS after the download completed do not open the game go to the folder that you make pack up to your game and copy the files and folders pasted in the localstate in the new game and then start the game and wait for 2 minutes do not do any thing wait because the game will connect to the server and sometimes it take 1 minutes or more.

Last edited:

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
As @A Kryztov said maybe this the reason your old pc or laptop but i can help you to fix your game in 3 ways one of them risky and that because maybe your game crashed this happen with me and i lost all the city and start from zero.
My advice is to wait Gi respond let them fix it for you if the game crashed then they restore it for you.
Second option is the risky one and you have to delete the game (uninstall) and download it again and when you start the game play to level 3 and then close and open it popup show up asking you to chose between to accounts you main game will be there click to take it back. now this way its risky because if your game crashed then it will not return back.
3rd way is my favorite one and the best for me this work fine and easy always i am do it, make backup to your game and deleted then download it again from MS after the download completed do not open the game go to the folder that you make pack up to your game and copy the files and folders pasted in the localstate in the new game and then start the game and wait for 2 minutes do not do any thing wait because the game will connect to the server and sometimes it take time.

I'm on a 2 year old Surface Laptop. All components are in the screen as my screen pops off to be a table. AC with all the graphics has always cause that part of the laptop to get hot and I often turn off for safety. I have run troubleshooting for Microsoft Store Apps and I have run de-frag to see if that section of the game had lost a pointer. Everything comes up clean. No issues the system sees. I have also run many of my other programs : Excel, Access, Chrome etc and nothing else is broken - seems only to be AC. I looked for the game on my hard drive - I cannot find it. I have an external hard drive that I can backup the game to. Where is the game stored?

Pilot_MSC

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Pilot MSC
Same issue for me today. Game just completely stopped loading and stops at the Splash Screen. GI ticket in.

I used Husam's instructions (in this thread). It worked. Move the files as he says to a different drive (I used my dropbox) and then uninstall & re-install. I then played until I got to a firm level 5 - took about an hour - then copy those files from your other area back to the location on your hard drive. You have to be VERY careful on which files you grab as they seem to be layered through the directories -- if you grab the wrong ones then you are back to the beginning.

GI - I had a ticket with on a Friday. Amazingly they asked me questions on that Saturday. Then they went dark until the following Saturday - when they suggested I might not be up to date (which of course was one of the first things I checked). I emailed them back that Saturday that I had fixed it and how. This past Saturday they emailed again saying glad I got it fixed. So that is 2 weeks (3 Saturdays) and I would have still been waiting for real help!

Top Bottom