Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

A penny for your......Time?

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
So here's a question we all have thought about, not sure if its been asked before, but I couldn't find anything through the search.

Everyone says you need to spend alot of time on this game, what is alot? I am on Android (Samsung) and through the Game Launcher, I can see how much time I've spent in-game. Obviously there is much more - time on other games, time on forum, time planning etc...but it would be interesting just to see the numbers (not guesses) that we can get for time spent on main game only. There is also a correlation btn number of starts and hours spent, so lets see the numbers if you can get them.

My stats - 923 hours, 514 ⭐

So here's a question we all have thought about, not sure if its been asked before, but I couldn't find anything through the search.

Everyone says you need to spend alot of time on this game, what is alot? I am on Android (Samsung) and through the Game Launcher, I can see how much time I've spent in-game. Obviously there is much more - time on other games, time on forum, time planning etc...but it would be interesting just to see the numbers (not guesses) that we can get for time spent on main game only. There is also a correlation btn number of starts and hours spent, so lets see the numbers if you can get them.

923 hours over how long? one year? 10 years? tot time doesn't make much sense to me.
anyway, I didn't even know we could get that type of info. each week my ipad releases some stats, but I dk where to find them by my own

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
923 hours over how long? one year? 10 years? tot time doesn't make much sense to me.
anyway, I didn't even know we could get that type of info. each week my ipad releases some stats, but I dk where to find them by my own
Well, that's the point of finding out how many hours. It's independent of the number of years you've been playing. With enough data, we could get a graph to show hours played vs stars...I expect something like a sigmoid curve or maybe an exponential graph that flattens out? It's useful for new players... And for growing one's like me who want to know how much time it will take to reach a certain no. Of stars, instead of just saying.. It will take years! Time is anyways the most valuable currency we all spend.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03JE2BWI
Username
GrampaRAP
I have no idea how much time I've spent. I originally downloaded and started the game back when it first was available in the app store. I've played off and on since as sometimes I get bored, but I always come back. The later you get into the game, the less time it needs. Your flights often take 4+ hours, so there is only so much you can do. You'd be surprised once your city gets larger how quickly the funds add up too.
Lately, it's been hard as my alliance never really took off (I actually handed off control and didn't play for about a year), but even trying to keep up with alliance stuff can be hard when the events happen. Those are when you want to put time into it. But I find, sometimes it just doesn't matter. I've actually skipped events and just tried to make my alliance flights (when by Monday (+7 UTC) evening I have more alliance flights than the rest of the alliance will have at shutdown on Sunday combined.

Like any game, you'll get what you put into it. The more time you spend, the further you'll go and faster you get there. If I hadn't had big gaps in my playing, I know I would have been a level 80 a long time ago (Level 70 at the moment).

Just enjoy it and play when and as often as you can.

Well, that's the point of finding out how many hours. It's independent of the number of years you've been playing. With enough data, we could get a graph to show hours played vs stars...I expect something like a sigmoid curve or maybe an exponential graph that flattens out? It's useful for new players... And for growing one's like me who want to know how much time it will take to reach a certain no. Of stars, instead of just saying.. It will take years! Time is anyways the most valuable currency we all spend.
I see your point. as for a model, I think that for “star-chasers” like many on the forum, an exponential type graph could be a fit. For non star-chasers the model must certainly be different, so the global result is most probably a mixture.

But the info you’re looking for won’t be available for older players, even if Android players only (I still DK if that info is available on iOS). One simple reason: at least once the app was completely replaced, we even had 2 AC apps installed at the same time so we could do the transfer…

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
I see your point. as for a model, I think that for “star-chasers” like many on the forum, an exponential type graph could be a fit. For non star-chasers the model must certainly be different, so the global result is most probably a mixture.

But the info you’re looking for won’t be available for older players, even if Android players only (I still DK if that info is available on iOS). One simple reason: at least once the app was completely replaced, we even had 2 AC apps installed at the same time so we could do the transfer…
Oh that's interesting. I didn't know that about the app being replaced. I did some googling and looks like IOS doesn't show you cumulative time you've spent in an app.

And yes there are many variables to consider as others have also pointed out, but its the only generalised model that I think would fit. By getting data from different players who have different strategies, it would compensate for the variation in play style - like cazmillion mentioned, flying to one destination 1000s of time, such cases would clearly be seen as outliers on the graph.

Anway I'm just being a nerd! Let's see if we get more data, if any!

An interesting post indeed.

As far as I know I have spent a total (including all the stars I've earned, buildings I've accumulated and accomplished, coins I've earned and events I've finished plus the last one which abruptly terminated) of 3 hours on this game.:bag::bag:
The missus says I spend more, well I never understand what she says or talk about anyway...:censored::cigar:

An easier question is how many hours per day/week/month do you play, and how long have you been playing. Link that to game level and you get a rough time/outcome graph.

Gawd, I sound like a nerd!
:rolleyes:
According to my calculations (they are absolute and are never wrong, for I do not lie): I spend 3 minutes per day / 3 minutes per week / 3 minutes per month on this game.:cool::angelic::angelic::cigar:

P.s. never ask the missus about this.

Nit Nit

Musketeers Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
27edojj7w
Username
Nit
According to my calculations (they are absolute and are never wrong, for I do not lie): I spend 3 minutes per day / 3 minutes per week / 3 minutes per month on this game.:cool::angelic::angelic::cigar:

P.s. never ask the missus about this.
Not that I would ever doubt the word of a fellow addict, but you do rasie a good point!

Perhaps our significant others can provide more information, not that you haven't been truthful or helpful (to the best of your knowledge) but it would be interesting to see what our better halves have to say about how much time we spend playing.

Mine keeps asking whether I have always pooped three times a day, or am I just getting old! I keep saying it's all the delicious food she makes, but we all know the real reason.. ;);)

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
20halcdzw
Username
Cassandra
I am homebound, have had 10 or more games in the past, been using several in alliances together, many were high level games, sadly lost codes, and could use their assistance at the moment. Started more subs again, added rockets again, more subs, more rockets. But in the end all of that I do to help everyone else. It's who I am. Oh and 20HALCDZW just add the code, thats 10 years of upwards of 20 hour days, and having had at least 5 others going at or nearly the same levels

Mega Fleet Lord

Free Federation
Device
  1. None of the above
Friend Code
20RG6CM2E
Username
FleetLord

Depends on how much of the game u want to accomplish

In general
@ 6 hrs a day of total game play ... for ~2.5 yrs

@ low end of game play hours ... for >12 yrs

😭 plz tell me there is nothing in game showing how many hrs have been played ❗❗

Tom-SUB

1300+ Star Club
All New Tadashi
Device
  1. Android
  2. None of the above
Friend Code
04WAG8N9Y
Username
Tom
I do not know - and : is it important to know how much time spend on a game. New handphone: I guess the counter will be reset. Hmm - no, not really useful to waste time to think about how much time spent on the game. Clearly: too much.

Top Bottom