Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General What would you do?

Land expansion 19 what would you use to purchase?

• 10 bank notes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you spend real cash on the game to buy things? If yes, buy it with greenies, if no, use cash.

It’s worth noting that once you get to expansion 20+, you can only use greenies, for 20 (10 in sale) greens per square, until square 80, when they double again. So, if you’re not buying them from GI, they will become a very scarce resource very quickly.

If you do buy from GI, 10 greenies is much cheaper than 800k coins, so that makes more sense.

Do you spend real cash on the game to buy things? If yes, buy it with greenies, if no, use cash.

It’s worth noting that once you get to expansion 20+, you can only use greenies, for 20 (10 in sale) greens per square, until square 80, when they double again. So, if you’re not buying them from GI, they will become a very scarce resource very quickly.

If you do buy from GI, 10 greenies is much cheaper than 800k coins, so that makes more sense.
I agree with you

That’s what makes this game fun...lots of strategies you can choose. I still feel coins are better
Absolutely! The greatest misunderstanding in this game is the changing value of resources as you progress. It’s also what amuses me so much with players moving up through the levels that are convinced of the importance of developing a coin gathering game. They spend huge amounts of time working it out and creating better ways to do it and the light bulb moment only occurs as they go screaming past the equilibrium point where you can’t stop the coins coming in :p! The value of coins vs greenies is constantly changing - in opposite directions. The real indicator of their value is your current cost (not price!) of land. Every day you play, the value of coins goes down and greenies goes up.

The real world price of GI coins devalues at an almost exponential rate and greenies are almost the opposite. Over the first 20 levels, coins appear to have reasonable value. Around 8 to 10 weeks ago I spent my last 1.5 million coins on my 11th lvl 7 runway. I now have over 17 million coins stored and not much to buy with them. One new block of land will cost me 200 greenies. But have you seen the masterful way I’ve laid out my 6 car dealerships and the associated coin boosting buildings?!? (y):whistle:

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Absolutely! The greatest misunderstanding in this game is the changing value of resources as you progress. It’s also what amuses me so much with players moving up through the levels that are convinced of the importance of developing a coin gathering game. They spend huge amounts of time working it out and creating better ways to do it and the light bulb moment only occurs as they go screaming past the equilibrium point where you can’t stop the coins coming in :p! The value of coins vs greenies is constantly changing - in opposite directions. The real indicator of their value is your current cost (not price!) of land. Every day you play, the value of coins goes down and greenies goes up.

The real world price of GI coins devalues at an almost exponential rate and greenies are almost the opposite. Over the first 20 levels, coins appear to have reasonable value. Around 8 to 10 weeks ago I spent my last 1.5 million coins on my 11th lvl 7 runway. I now have over 17 million coins stored and not much to buy with them. One new block of land will cost me 200 greenies. But have you seen the masterful way I’ve laid out my 6 car dealerships and the associated coin boosting buildings?!? (y):whistle:

Totally agree ! !

I think, as long as we need coins to buy upgrades (CT, terminal) and factories, we need a lot of coin Producer. And when we have them (or almost) we can sell coin Producer building and built passengers buildings !

Been meaning to ask you @Bob69bob (sorry for hijacking thread!) How have you found returns on the Courthouses and Private Schools you built? I built one of each, and a business centre, and don't remember ever getting a drop from them! Also, by how much does the Police Station increase the radius? Finally found a use for all the silver coins using the auto collects but am burning through them at a rapid rate!!

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Unless there are new buildings or planes to buy, coins are quite useless to me. Here’s ly perdicament: I flew 10 million coins last months, but I need 8000 greens to max out my city side. I can’t even buy my next land expansion at 220 greens.

But have you seen the masterful way I’ve laid out my 6 car dealerships and the associated coin boosting buildings?!? (y):whistle:
:ROFLMAO::hilarious:
Aren’t you using the Bank Branch autocollect? :rolleyes:

How have you found returns on the Courthouses and Private Schools you built?
No, sell ‘em all! :LOL:

Also, by how much does the Police Station increase the radius?
One each station. (y)

Been meaning to ask you @Bob69bob (sorry for hijacking thread!) How have you found returns on the Courthouses and Private Schools you built? I built one of each, and a business centre, and don't remember ever getting a drop from them! Also, by how much does the Police Station increase the radius? Finally found a use for all the silver coins using the auto collects but am burning through them at a rapid rate!!
Drop rates from courthouses and schools are very average. I only bought them because I had coins to burn and room to spare (short term).

As Wasted advised above, each Police station increases radius by one. I can’t afford another one yet but ideally 2 would be great. A radius of 3 gives a great spread and captures most configurations where you have two rows of 2x2 buildings then a road, repeated.

Reading about how many coins @Wasted Eagle and @Bob69bob have it reminds me just how much the game has evolved. You also have the people with the 100 limit (which is beyond stupid) and then players who came in before the limit but right around or shortly after things like the GD bug or Mystery Box bonuses bugs getting fixed (players playing about 14-18 months)

I fall into that 3rd category. I earn a good number of coins on average per day but still have 6 or 7 multi million coin upgrades on buildings. I’ve spent probably 5 million coins in the last 2-3 months on a bunch passenger buildings (so I can do Jumbo adventure flights at 380 pax per pop) and one terminal upgrade. Eventually I’ll be in their situation but it’s still a bit of a road to get there.

Top Bottom