Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

What is your best #1 tip for new players?

Find a solid group of forum neighbors for trading. Some at your level to gift for upgrades and some higher for planetarium, training centers, etc. visits
Same Sacto tip, i start here in the forum with L25 and 30 star and with the group i joined that change my game in 2 years.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
My #1 tip for new players - I was going to say land but instead I will say neighbors. Get as many as you can and as fast as you can. They make a HUGE difference on getting things you need to do stuff.
Ah, how nice : P I was going to say something else, but as you've mentioned it - my advice is to get 20 good neighbors, focus on them and get rid of everyone else instead of 200 crappy ones.

My #1 tip is to be patient.

If you are not patient, you will either spend a lot of money to buy / speed up things, or end up walking away disgusted because the game is "impossible to play without spending too much money".

You should read / search this fine forum or the airport city wiki to find out what you need to do / collect before building / upgrading to avoid being "trapped".

andy8758

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03574n8b
Username
Andy8758
Play your own game, but the key to success in Airport City (AC) is co-operation with others.

Understand why you want to play AC, what enjoyment you want from playing, and keep that foremost in mind. All the advice you read both here and on Facebook is personal for individual players, but you can adapt it to suit your own playing. Set a budget. Despite all the marketing from Game Insight (GIS) about AC being Free2play, playing the game will cost you real money and time. How much of each you spend is something you really need to be clear about. There are players who spend no real money, but they have plenty of time. Time is not "free" and in the real world it does cost real money. So players need to set a balance between how much time and how much real money they invest in the game.

Once you are clear about how you want to play, set yourself achievable objectives. e.g. I want to fly more aircraft to destinations achieving more stars. To achieve this I need to have more passengers available and more aircraft. So I need to buy land for more passenger supply buildings, and upgrade my terminal and control tower to the next level. To do this I need more airport cash to buy land, and 100,000 gold coins to pay for the upgrades. I want to achieve this in the next 4 weeks.

To achieve your objectives you need help.
  • Every time you upgrade a building you need additional items - these can be achieved by flying to certain destinations and receiving gifts from neighbours (find neighbours with the same control tower/terminal level as you - only they can gift you the items you need). The gold coins should never be bought - use airport cash bought bonuses to help accelerate your income; build commercial income buildings that suit your style of play (if you spend 5 minutes every 4 hours, then buildings that generate new income within 4 hours should be maximised; if you sit playing for long periods of time, maximise the use of buildings that deliver income within 20 minutes; if you use income bonuses - collectable coins, golden frog - then get buildings with high incomes paid every 1/2/3 days).
  • Get a space programme running and work with neighbours to complete space flights at least once a day - even 4th place or lower players can earn valuable items and income especially if you link with players using QL bonuses to accelerate space flights and allowing you to make many space flights in one day.
  • Join an alliance and use the given missions to develop your skills, achieve your objectives and by working with other players in the alliance earn extra cash and experience generating bonuses.
Understand that AC has many layers. It is not just the standard flights. There are adventures. Adventure maps. Space flight destination maps. Alliance special destinations and additional bonus maps. Helicopter flights. Space flights. Read the many excellent informative posts online here that tell you what these destinations are about, and what benefits there are to flying to them.

Communicate with other players. Create additional games/accounts and join with others to create a Fuel supply ring, or a space flight group (you will struggle to earn enough space items to fly daily space missions by yourself and there is marginally little more benefit from being the captain every flight). Share the lead and passenger seats. Make sure that when you create these groups (or join an existing group) you are all willing and able to talk to each other. Find players at your own level to help exchange items to upgrade/build airport buildings. Using Airport cash for additional items becomes very expensive as you progress in the game. Develop a circle of Friends on the forum that reflects your level, outlook and objectives in the game - that will probably advance your game more than anything else.

Airport City is a highly addictive game because it is complex, co-operative and difficult. Embrace that and you will find it is worth every coin and second.

And finally. This is how I play my game, it is not a gospel, merely some guidance. Play your own game.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
From Mimi (Rocky's spoiler)

Build Green Pad (Apogee Mission) and Red Pad (Lunar Mission) launch as soon as you can to earn coins, pax, fuel etc.... The blue pad (Prometheus Mission) should wait cause it's breaking your red and green launches preparations.

Don't spend coins to built Cosmic Fuel Station, you will have a lot very fast.

Mimi

I'l say, but mystery bonus from Duke shop whenever you can, cause you will get nice items like this only with 8k!
20180130_203417.png

Most key things has been said but my 2cents is, PATIENCE yes it is frustrating but be PATIENT. I learnt this one in a painful way and I'm still regretting it. But a lesson learnt is a best lesson. Just keep your planes in the air.

DON'T SPEND GREENS, FUEL AND PASSANGERS YET, you'll need them later when flying maps.

At lower levels flood your city with coin producing buildings (coins are hard to come by this is the first reality check in this game) but keep the balance with passanger buildings to keep your planes on the air.

Enjoy every bit of this game even the mistakes!

Toddfish

500+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ho1zg2
Username
Toddfish
My #1 tip is to be patient.
Hands-down my #1 tip as well. If you wonder how people get hundreds of stars, huge land upgrades, lots of bonus buildings... most have been playing for many years. In the grand scope of the game, waiting a few minutes... hours... or days... for a building to finish, a flight to return, etc. is a drop in the bucket. Yes, there are times to speed-up things... but being patient should be the first thought.

rocky

900+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Musketeers Alliance
From Mimi (Rocky's spoiler)

Build Green Pad (Apogee Mission) and Red Pad (Lunar Mission) launch as soon as you can to earn coins, pax, fuel etc.... The blue pad (Prometheus Mission) should wait cause it's breaking your red and green launches preparations.

Don't spend coins to built Cosmic Fuel Station, you will have a lot very fast.

Mimi
So if you launch, you will get silver tokens. Buy Grand Hotels instead of upgrading Town Hall, you will increase your population faster.

Top Bottom