Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Updated Guide to Destinations that Require Maps

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
thanks to all who did the saturday launch party with ara and friends :) Which leads me here, after i got the stupid 24hr bug again.... DAMN.... So, i decided to fly two space map destinations, Alexandria and Puerto Rico.... when i started, i had 4,700 fuel and 6,800 pass... with a golden dice and a business class, i two starred puerto rico and one star for alexandria and WOW!!!! i quick returned my jets until i depleted my fuel and pass.... this is my first shot at these maps and this is what i got.... Creation Myths 2, 3, 2, 3, 2 and Across the Universe 8, 5, 5, 3, 4 ...... this was a good start to my space map flights :) now, i believe that using golden dice, dice and spyglass together will bring less drops due to them canceling each other out.... i believe these three bonuses need to be used by themselves.... I would please like some feed back on this because i have noticed that people have had good luck and some not so good.... Now i am saving again for two more map flights so i need to launch more blue to get some sacramento maps..... this is how i am going to stack up some QL bonuses for @robbys launch parties:) when i am ready, i will post what my results are for my next two maps that i will fly... many thanks to all my BadAss neighbors and friends here :) all of u have made Airport City a very fun challenge !!! cheers to all:)

Sorry for the bug and I cannot decline or confirm the influence of the bonuses on each other, but I always use only one. Usually I do not care about passengers as I use bell on combination with family ticket, this gives me more than enough. I go for map destinations to claim QL bonuses with minimum 30 k of fuel on hand. The record was I wasted 45 k of fuel in one day and claimed 6 QL bonuses (all with golden dice of course).

Looking forward for any analytical data.

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
Thanks for the info @Pavolko Gun :) it seems that golden dice work better than the spy glass for the collections... or maybe spy glass works for other collections that golden dice does not? Hmmmm....

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
@Diabloscort
Here's my opinion on the matter:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "American" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.​
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.​
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. I recently flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace. I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.
If you have the patience and the time, you will get the drops eventually. Yes, it is totally random. Or you can spend a few greenies and get them sooner.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Tom

I agree with Tom, I have been flying my Jumbo's to various cities trying to complete collections and I have had GREAT luck with the golden dice. For example, I flew 17 flights to Caprese today and got 7 drops using the golden dice. I was willing to spend the four greenies for the golden dice as I only had 2 maps to Caprese. I don't have to activate the second map now as I have the 6 required drops from Caprese. Onto Florence tomorrow to get my last piece for the Opera Theater!!!

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Cosmo cat
Username
Cosmo cat
Hi, newbie here. So forgive what may be a daft question.

I have a subquest to assemble the Aztec legacy collection, and am looking to use either the spy glass or golden dice once I have a couple of maps to the destinations. Am I right in thinking the spyglass would be a better move given it is one of my subquests?

The info is this forum is super helpful - thanks guys.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Hi, newbie here. So forgive what may be a daft question.

I have a subquest to assemble the Aztec legacy collection, and am looking to use either the spy glass or golden dice once I have a couple of maps to the destinations. Am I right in thinking the spyglass would be a better move given it is one of my subquests?

The info is this forum is super helpful - thanks guys.
@Cosmo cat
Here's a guide to help you out:
https://www.airportcitygame.com/threads/spy-glass-vs-dice-vs-golden-dice.6957/
I would go with the Spy Glass since this is a subquest.
Cheers,
Tom

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
So tom, its spy glass for the adventure maps and golden dice for the space maps? My drops are very good on the space maps with golden dice bro... I have alexandria and sacramento to do and I can collect on the three that I have flown to 4 times... thats pretty good :)

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
So tom, its spy glass for the adventure maps and golden dice for the space maps? My drops are very good on the space maps with golden dice bro... I have alexandria and sacramento to do and I can collect on the three that I have flown to 4 times... thats pretty good :)
@Diabloscort
I recommended a Spy Glass in this case because there's a subquest involved. For adventure and space collections without a quest or subquest, the Golden Dice would be the way to go.
Cheers,
Tom

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
Here's the guide I wrote on the subject:
I've been asked many times which bonus to use to improve the chances of a drop. Here's my opinion on the matter:
Spy Glass
"This bonus increases the chance of quest item drop (both common and collectible) by 150% for 6 hours."
Quests are the icons that occasionally appear on the left side of the screen. Sometimes they are main quests, like the recent "The Great Game" and "Santa's Bad Day" quests. At times, there are subquests that appear that walk you step by step through the main quest. Using a Spy Glass bonus increases the chance of drops from flights that are part of these quests.
Dice
"This bonus doubles the chance of item drop from a flight (excluding quest and collectible items) for 6 hours."
If you fly to an Excavations destination trying to get a Map Chest drop, a Dice bonus will help. Or, if you fly to Iceland trying to get a Deicer drop, a Dice bonus will help.
Golden Dice
"Increases the chance of a collectible item drop from a flight (excluding quest items) by 150% for 6 hours."
Collectibles are items that appear in the Collections tab. I recently flew Giants to the five Tale of Bygone Years destinations -- Kyiv, Novgorod, Murom, Smolensk and Chernihiv -- to earn a Winter Palace. I used Golden Dice to increase my chances of drops of the items necessary to complete that collection. The bottom line was that when I used Golden Dice, I got an average of twice the drops that I got when I did not use Golden Dice.
If you have the patience and the time, you will get the drops eventually. Yes, it is totally random. Or you can spend a few greenies and get them sooner.
If anyone has any alternate theories/experiences, please post them!
Cheers,
Tom

Diabloscort

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04pv8ec3
Username
El Diablo
I do have some maps from the airship store but I switched to the space quests:) I have noticed that with launching blue and getting the maps, I found that sacramento and alexandria are pretty elusive. ... have u noticed that tom? Also these new collections for the guest planes, is there a bonus that will help out with these drops? I tried one of my sky captain and I did not see any better drop rate...

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
I do have some maps from the airship store but I switched to the space quests:) I have noticed that with launching blue and getting the maps, I found that sacramento and alexandria are pretty elusive. ... have u noticed that tom? Also these new collections for the guest planes, is there a bonus that will help out with these drops? I tried one of my sky captain and I did not see any better drop rate...
@Diabloscort
Drops are totally random. I remember one quest where I had plenty of four of the drops but none of one of them. Other players had plenty of the one I had none of but none of the ones I had plenty of. (Does that make sense?)
For the new guest plane quests, I also tried a Sky Captain bonus but found no difference in drops. I also tried a Spy Glass bonus and found no difference in drops.
Cheers,
Tom

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Cosmo cat
Username
Cosmo cat
@Diabloscort
I recommended a Spy Glass in this case because there's a subquest involved. For adventure and space collections without a quest or subquest, the Golden Dice would be the way to go.
Cheers,
Tom

So I tried out a spyglass with a Machu Pichu map, and got 1 drop from 14 flights! :eek: I did complete a number of flights using fuel, so don't know if that has a negative effect. Also wondered if perhaps the subquest is maybe too indirect (It just says complete the Aztec Legacy collection, rather than any specific flights). Could be the god of randomness was not on my side of course.

Will try out the golden dice with another map and see how that goes.

greensmith

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
Waverly huff
Username
Waverly huff
So I tried out a spyglass with a Machu Pichu map, and got 1 drop from 14 flights! :eek: I did complete a number of flights using fuel, so don't know if that has a negative effect. Also wondered if perhaps the subquest is maybe too indirect (It just says complete the Aztec Legacy collection, rather than any specific flights). Could be the god of randomness was not on my side of course.

Will try out the golden dice with another map and see how that goes.
@Cosmo cat
You make a good point about the subquest not being specific. Let us know how you fare with the Golden Dice!
Cheers,
Tom

Using Golden Dice in these days is not very enjoyable.
Lately I had only one drops in 14 flights ..
If I have 4 drops in 14 flights I consider myself lucky

Btw right now I'm using Golden Dice and the first batch of flights yielding zero drops.
Luckyly is not the scarce maps.

Update : I got lucky .. the last 7 flights yielding me 4 drops :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom