Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Travel to different timezone, anything need to do?

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03ck3kdo
Username
aaaaapilot
Hi, I am going to travel with my pad to a different time zone (just 1 hour difference). Do I need to do anything to avoid my account to be locked? Should I use auto adjust time or should I lock the time on my pad? I saw some posts before about being locked due to timezone change. I don't want that! :) Thanks.

@aaaaapilot ,@AMG

I'm one of the ones who has had problems! Yes keep the machine on autotime chnage. Make sure the game is turned off completely while you cross the time line! Even being in automatic update make sure that the machine has actually chnaged time. If it has then just wait for an hour then you'll be fine to open and play. If it hasn't, which happened to me last time due to a weak internet signal, then manually change it for the good time. Then out it back in automatic update, wait in hour and then open the game.

Don't understand @pete blake . The only time I left it on French time thinking its logical not to change time when i went to the UK, i got blocked. Internet signals have a time code in them and if they are different to the time code in your game, the time is different = blocked.

The issue comes from times picked up through phone signals I think, there is a very slight shift in times between zones and this can set it off, it doesn’t occur on WiFi I seem to remember being told by GI as that uses a different method for auto setting to phone signals.

The official answer from GI has always been set your time manually to the local area.

I travel all over the work extensively and since I’ve changed my times manually I have had no issues with time travel. Just last week I was in the US and changed the time manually on my iPad and iPhone to Chicago time zones and no problems. I travel at least once a month on long haul all over the world and have not had the time travel issue for maybe 2/3 years.

@aaaaapilot ,@AMG

I'm one of the ones who has had problems! Yes keep the machine on autotime chnage. Make sure the game is turned off completely while you cross the time line! Even being in automatic update make sure that the machine has actually chnaged time. If it has then just wait for an hour then you'll be fine to open and play. If it hasn't, which happened to me last time due to a weak internet signal, then manually change it for the good time. Then out it back in automatic update, wait in hour and then open the game.

Don't understand @pete blake . The only time I left it on French time thinking its logical not to change time when i went to the UK, i got blocked. Internet signals have a time code in them and if they are different to the time code in your game, the time is different = blocked.
Thank you @Madge59230 for information;)

Blue Jay

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Thank you @Madge59230 for information;)
Seems to be wifi is the answer to me not having problems. I connect whilst on the plane and play the game constantly for 8 hours, i didnt close the game down and then connect to the hotel wifi then alt and tab to the game. Like ddave1 I haven’t had problems whilst on wifi and auto time zone setting. But always probably better to close game down,connect to wifi, launch game.
Knowing my luck i will now get blocked in 4 weeks when i return to Canada

Seems to be wifi is the answer to me not having problems. I connect whilst on the plane and play the game constantly for 8 hours, i didnt close the game down and then connect to the hotel wifi then alt and tab to the game. Like ddave1 I haven’t had problems whilst on wifi and auto time zone setting. But always probably better to close game down,connect to wifi, launch game.
Knowing my luck i will now get blocked in 4 weeks when i return to Canada
Thank you @Blue Jay , hope your game not blocked .

Top Bottom