Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Great Game

Device
  1. Android
As discussed many times before, the threshold for different Ligas (like the 1,400+ above for Platinum) is updated only at the reset (midnight UTC). It means that 1,400 Tickets were enough for Platinum at the beginning of the UTC day. At the moment I'm writing this message rank 100 in Platinum has 2,211 Tickets so you need to achieve more than this to be promoted to Platinum.

Thank you for your perspective.

My literal interpretation of 1400+ : Player accumulate greater than 1400 tickets prior to (00:00UTC) next reset and you will be awarded, corresponding applicable category prize. In the above case (pretend 23:59 UTC) 5 S-boxes and not 4 for position 1 and 3 for others.
If your interpretation is correct, they should offer a detailed guide, so players can make an informed decision.
I look at what I have accumulated, calculate what I can produce per remaining time frame, then decide whether to proceed to attain a new established goal.
If your interpretation is correct they should digitize the number to indicate real time.[Petrol stations are digitized and not sign posted anymore.] Everything else, is in real time in ACG, except this competition ranking. In the end most positions are irrelevant (26-100, same prize). I finally realized that in the last competition and stopped three hours prior to end. Realized 67, no different from 99. The different thresholds are relevant. Accumulate 4 S-boxes, as opposed to 3 by meeting their prescribed number.

G! ACG, Why is the event not real time, like the World flight rankings?

My literal interpretation of 1400+ : Player accumulate greater than 1400 tickets prior to (00:00UTC) next reset and you will be awarded, corresponding applicable category prize. In the above case (pretend 23:59 UTC) 5 S-boxes and not 4 for position 1 and 3 for others.
If your interpretation is correct, they should offer a detailed guide, so players can make an informed decision.
I look at what I have accumulated, calculate what I can produce per remaining time frame, then decide whether to proceed to attain a new established goal.
If your interpretation is correct they should digitize the number to indicate real time.[Petrol stations are digitized and not sign posted anymore.] Everything else, is in real time in ACG, except this competition ranking. In the end most positions are irrelevant (26-100, same prize). I finally realized that in the last competition and stopped three hours prior to end. Realized 67, no different from 99. The different thresholds are relevant. Accumulate 4 S-boxes, as opposed to 3 by meeting their prescribed number.

I'm not GI-related, so I can't answer on their behalf at all :)
I can only give you a perspective look into the things based on my experience.
1) There is only 1 Platinum League with exactly 100 participants, so if you do more than the player ranked 100, you're in and he/she's out.
2) GI updates the info with the thresholds definitely once per day, with the current data at reset time (midnight UTC); they don't know what will be the status in 23:59 hrs; your best bet in this case is to post a question here, in this thread, what is the current result of #100 in Platinum - I'm sure it will be answered soon after posting.
3) The lower leagues seems to function with few same-level parallel division (I heard of player in Titanium not seeing another player in Titanium), I don't know the structure but it should be similar to a real pyramid - as lower the league is, as more parallel divisions it has. Sometimes while climbing to the top I see in some lower leagues more than 100 players (something I've never seen in Platinum).

As I type #100 has 2 380 tickets, you need 2 381 tickets to get the platinum tag.

I'm not GI-related, so I can't answer on their behalf at all :)
I can only give you a perspective look into the things based on my experience.
1) There is only 1 Platinum League with exactly 100 participants, so if you do more than the player ranked 100, you're in and he/she's out.
2) GI updates the info with the thresholds definitely once per day, with the current data at reset time (midnight UTC); they don't know what will be the status in 23:59 hrs; your best bet in this case is to post a question here, in this thread, what is the current result of #100 in Platinum - I'm sure it will be answered soon after posting.
3) The lower leagues seems to function with few same-level parallel division (I heard of player in Titanium not seeing another player in Titanium), I don't know the structure but it should be similar to a real pyramid - as lower the league is, as more parallel divisions it has. Sometimes while climbing to the top I see in some lower leagues more than 100 players (something I've never seen in Platinum).
Agree but I was ranked 93 and still not rewarded, but in this day and age of computing and sofisticated servers surely it can handle and couple thousand people playing at the same time! I used to work in one of the top 6 software co many years ago and I know the power of the syestems then, now they have improved many fold! So it should be dynamic and update immediately!

Agree but I was ranked 93 and still not rewarded, but in this day and age of computing and sofisticated servers surely it can handle and couple thousand people playing at the same time! I used to work in one of the top 6 software co many years ago and I know the power of the syestems then, now they have improved many fold! So it should be dynamic and update immediately!
If you were already ranked #93 in Platinum, it looks like a bug and best thing is to report it in the bug threat.
I see some discrepancies in @Novice20171201 post: screenshot is taken 8:22 hrs before reset, i.e. before last midnight UTC, it means 15:38 hrs after the previous midnight, so almost midday. In this case I’d bet that 1,400 Tickets were surely not enough at that time to enter Platinum.

Device
  1. Android
If you were already ranked #93 in Platinum, it looks like a bug and best thing is to report it in the bug threat.
I see some discrepancies in @Novice20171201 post: screenshot is taken 8:22 hrs before reset, i.e. before last midnight UTC, it means 15:38 hrs after the previous midnight, so almost midday. In this case I’d bet that 1,400 Tickets were surely not enough at that time to enter Platinum.

First screen photo taken 20180615_14h38m09s UTC
Second screen photo taken 20180615_14h38m24s UTC
That would be yesterday at about this time, a bit later.

I want to sincerely thank you for a more clear and concise explanation and insight than G! Mary provided. :) Your time and help is very much appreciated.

It appears above I was not the only one that interpreted differently.

Support responses are nonsense.
Fact1, Items collected are not counted without internet connection.
Fact2, Event data is not real time. It is delayed.
Fact3, One and only one reset at 00:00UTC.
Parameters set by G! ACG change once.
Collective Player participation data changes every second.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mary (Game Insight Support)

Jun 10, 17:58 EEST

Dear player,

Please check the requirements regularly - they are changed pretty often.

Let me know in case any additional questions arise!

Sincerely,
Mary
Game Insight Support Team
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun 13, 11:56 EEST

Dear player,

Leagues' requirements change regularly. You should check them often with a stable internet connection.

Sincerely,
Mary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jun 15, 10:26 EEST

Dear player,

Please, check the stability of your Internet connection. The event in question will count properly only if your connection is stable. Try to use another connection.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Mary

First screen photo taken 20180615_14h38m09s UTC
Second screen photo taken 20180615_14h38m24s UTC
That would be yesterday at about this time, a bit later.

I want to sincerely thank you for a more clear and concise explanation and insight than G! Mary provided. :) Your time and help is very much appreciated.

It appears above I was not the only one that interpreted differently.

Support responses are nonsense.
Fact1, Items collected are not counted without internet connection.
Fact2, Event data is not real time. It is delayed.
Fact3, One and only one reset at 00:00UTC.
Parameters set by G! ACG change once.
Collective Player participation data changes every second.

Jun 10, 17:58 EEST

Dear player,

Please check the requirements regularly - they are changed pretty often.

Sincerely,
Mary

Jun 13, 11:56 EEST

Dear player,

Leagues' requirements change regularly. You should check them often with a stable internet connection.

Sincerely,
Mary

Jun 15, 10:26 EEST

Dear player,

Please, check the stability of your Internet connection. The event in question will count properly only if your connection is stable. Try to use another connection.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Mary
I’ve reported the GISupport’s answers in the bugs section of the forum - the reason might be either wrong script or correct script and wrong code ;)

The leaderboard is not turning over in The Great Game Competition! Seems people are not advancing to the 2400+ tickets list and backing the rest of us up. Any idea if this is a glitch?

This was discussed much earlier in the thread I believe. The threshold resets once a day so just because you’re there now doesn’t mean it didn’t move throughout the day. Only the top 100 players get in that platinum division

Device
  1. Windows PC
Currenty 3854 tickets for the 100th position in Platinum League and it is still rising.

At 2nd place in Platinum League, there is a player with 16 stars and level 14 (!), with an incredible 41106 tickets!:eek: Running solo in his/her alliance with a total of 1102 passeengers carried this week.

I just noticed that player because 1st place has above 600 stars and 3rd has above 1000 stars.
Is it a visual bug or can other players confirm?

Last edited:
Currenty 3854 tickets for the 100th position in Platinum League and it is still rising.

At 2nd place in Platinum League, there is a player with 16 stars and level 14 (!), with an incredible 41106 tickets!:eek:
I just noticed that player because 1st place has above 600 stars and 3rd has above 1000 stars.
Is it a visual bug or can other players confirm?
Just to prove this, three screenshots:
picture 1) giving the overall picture of bez123beast city (#2 in the event ranking): it shows only 1 Villa built, no Cottages, no Stadiums
Image-1.jpg

picture 2) showing the pax flown in his alliance this week: 1,102; divided by 19 (pax on PowProp-driven) makes 58 flights to Cyprus = 290 Tickets
Image-2.jpg

plus max 6 Tickets per day from the single Villa = 42 Tickets plus visiting 12x5 neighbors daily (I doubt he's at 9 hearts but still) = 420 more + 5 videos daily on the Villa = 35 Tickets => all together 787 Tickets
picture 3) and not 45,708 (41,106 an hour and a half earlier :)) as shown in the ranking
Image-3.jpg

Indeed, 16 stars are not the problem: player, flying Powerful Prop-driven planes can have max 12 stars without event and alliance flights, problem is the number of hangars (3 only, i.e. 3 flights per 40 minutes without bonuses).
Free2Play sorry, I didn't resist the temptation to tag you - doesn't it seems like a cheater?!

Top Bottom