Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Collector's Corner For Hobbies

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It is interesting what you find when you are having a rummage, through the back of a cupboard, which has not seen the light of day for sometime. An old box of Merccano, it must be a good few decades old. One of those ageless....can not really call it a toy....model construction system, that was far more than just static, that actually worked, with moving parts.

My respects to Mr. Frank Hornby.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Here’s one that no one has mentioned yet, I collect Smurfs. The little PVC figurines that have been produced since the early 1960s. A new set of 8-10 is released every year.

I also collect shot glasses and Christmas ornaments from cities and countries that I visit.

One of my hobbies is Lego. I am building a Lego town in my basement.

Collecting Smurfs is an unusual hobby, I do not recall ever reading or hearing of this. Your Smurf collection must be quite substantial, new sets released every year, since the 1960's. As for shot glasses and glasses in general, I often see these in charity and antique shops. They usually come from house clearance, following a death in a family. The glasses are vintage. Always been fond of Lego, as ageless as Merccano. Building a town from Lego sounds just wonderful, a great deal of fun.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:
@Trybat I've started collecting sports jerseys from countries I visit and I think I have about 8-10 since I started doing that in 2007. Most of them are Soccer for obvious reasons but I do have two different Hurling jerseys from Ireland. I probably should have gotten myself a new Arsenal jersey when I was in London in January but that didn't happen. I've been to 23 countries (which is a lot for many Americans but I'm sure common for Europeans), but a bunch were when I was a kid so i never went back and got ones from pre-2007

I have a bunch of HO scale model railroad stuff that I've never had a place to put. I gave them to my Dad because I think he's going to build a train room in his house, but at some point (likely after I retire) I'll have some time to actually take up that hobby again.

Trybat

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
032g28rv
Username
Trybat
@Trybat I've started collecting sports jerseys from countries I visit and I think I have about 8-10 since I started doing that in 2007. Most of them are Soccer for obvious reasons but I do have two different Hurling jerseys from Ireland. I probably should have gotten myself a new Arsenal jersey when I was in London in January but that didn't happen. I've been to 23 countries (which is a lot for many Americans but I'm sure common for Europeans), but a bunch were when I was a kid so i never went back and got ones from pre-2007

I have a bunch of HO scale model railroad stuff that I've never had a place to put. I gave them to my Dad because I think he's going to build a train room in his house, but at some point (likely after I retire) I'll have some time to actually take up that hobby again.
A great way to commemorate your trips!
I was surprised when I found out most Americans don’t travel outside their borders. Every year we host an event at work up here at our Canadian HQs and it is so strange to here that a lot of our American friends don’t have a passport and need to get one to attend.

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It is amazing what you can find in the back of a deep wardrobe. This time it was a large box containing cufflink sets, which I had purchased across many years, but had forgotten about. There are sets I use on a daily basis, but these were stored at of sight. A pleasant and pleasing reminder of the days when I use to collect cufflinks.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I was very tempted to start a new collection of glass paper weights. I noticed two sitting on a shelf in one of my local antique shops, both were very pleasing to my eyes. I was told they had come from a house clearance, following the property owners passing. They were expensive, and not knowing enough about paper weights, I decided not to purchase them.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Back in January 2019 I noticed two glass paper weights sitting on a shelf in one of my local antique shops, which were very pleasing to my eyes, but were also somewhat expensive. Those two glass paper weights are still there, and have now been joined by two more, equally expensive. I was very tempted to go in but managed to stop myself.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
After a very pleasing afternoon lunch, I spent a few enjoyable hours playing Snooker, in an air conditioned wood panelled room. Then, walked home through the park. Life can be beautiful.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I'm currently looking to purchase a new chess board and chess figures, an oversized set of high quality. I have found a number of outlets, which look very promising, but further investigation will be needed, before I make a finally decision. This can not be rushed, I expect to spend a healthy amount on the set, it will be well worth it in the long run.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A few good frames of snooker during late morning, followed by a really good lunch and an afternoon nap - what more can a man ask for - except more green notes and more land.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
An enjoyable few good frames of snooker, during this late morning, followed by a really good lunch and an afternoon nap - great to be retired.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A few frames of enjoyable snooker, this late Saturday morning, then followed by a really good lunch, in a warm and comfortable pub. What more can I ask for, except more green notes and more land.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
031w9odc
Username
Smurf
i'm surprised that nobody here collects die-cast airplane models. I have a collection of 100, mainly from Asian airlines.
I used to. Mainly 1:400 scale models of all the planes I’ve flown on. Sold the collection a couple of years ago as had nowhere to place them in our new home.

Top Bottom