Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

The Collector's Corner For Hobbies

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Collector's Corner For Hobbyist
This newly created thread is for forum members who are also life long collectors, members who collect for pleasure and/or relaxation. Hobbies of course covers a broad spectrum of subjects, both indoors and outdoors, e.g. perhaps you collect original film posters, stamps, rare comics, first edition books, artwork, matchbox cars, building lego, collecting and playing retro boardgames etc.

Perhaps you are good with your hands and enjoy building model vintage air planes, building AM/FM radio kits, building remote control cars and truck kits, perhaps you have a workshop and enjoy working with wood and/or metal, pottery, fishing, gardening, photography etc.

As for myself, my collections are considerable, collecting shirts and cufflinks, jazz vinyl albums, Canon camera lens', mint gold and sterling silver boxed coins, to name but a few across a lifetime.

It would be good to hear from you and learn about your interests.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

I stopped collecting them years ago but I have a ton of baseball cards...a few of which actually are valuable. I also have a decent sized comic book collection.

These days I don’t try to collect as much stuff but I still always buy a sports jersey from any country I travel to. I started this in earnest back in 2007 and most of them are soccer ones but I do also have a couple hurling jerseys. The hardest place to find something like this was when I was in Singapore a few years back.

Last edited:

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I stopped collecting them years ago but I have a ton of baseball cards...a few of which actually are valuable. I also have a decent sized comic book collection.

These days I try to collect as much stuff but I still always buy a sports jersey from any country I travel to. I started this in earnest back in 2007 and most of them are soccer ones but I do also have a couple hurling jerseys. The hardest place to find something like this was when I was in Singapore a few years back.

I was beginning to think this thread would remain empty, no collectors out there. Pleased to have received and read through your post.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It would seem this thread has not been embraced, unfortunately, hobbies are such interesting ways of making contact with new people who share similar interests. Great shame.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I don't collect but make models. Have a train set with scenery being built. Biggest thing though is startrek spaceship's. Big ones! Put led lights in them, even learnt a bit of electronics to make landing light's flash etc. Great fun.

It has been many years since I last built a model. Where do you buy the Star Trek spaceship models from?

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Interesting thread, Captain!

I don't collect, but I do have a hobby - painting. Mostly I paint wood letters although I did do one larger painting on a board (we made t-shirts of it and sold them locally for the eclipse). My dad is retired so I managed to talk him into cutting out letters for me. Then I paint them with animals or scenery. So far have done them all for family except for one set that I was hired to do as a birthday gift. My favorite is a set I did for my brother - "Disneyland" - with paintings of rides and buildings on each letter. :)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Interesting thread, Captain!

I don't collect, but I do have a hobby - painting. Mostly I paint wood letters although I did do one larger painting on a board (we made t-shirts of it and sold them locally for the eclipse). My dad is retired so I managed to talk him into cutting out letters for me. Then I paint them with animals or scenery. So far have done them all for family except for one set that I was hired to do as a birthday gift. My favorite is a set I did for my brother - "Disneyland" - with paintings of rides and buildings on each letter. :)

Many thanks for your post, which I enjoyed reading very much.

When you mentioned about wood, you reminded me of my teenage years (many decades ago now) when I enjoyed working with wood, turning wood on lathes and making fruit bowls. Also, enjoyed making backgammon set and making a working banjo. These were after school projects, a long time ago, but still fond memories.

Forgot to mention the main body of the Banjo was six sided.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Last edited:

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
Hi @Captain WH Rollins

I am not a big collecter, but I tried to collect some old thing, as I am not (yet) very old, I tried to collect some "high tech" stuffs, and I am proud to have a Minitel (do you know ? it was before the Internet in France https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitel) and an original Game Boy ! I have some other things, but all those things can be put in one medium box ! I have an old phone like this http://urlz.fr/6T5l ) !

you spoke about old jazz vinyls you collect : have you ever seen "Ghost world" whith Scarlett Johansson ? it is a film with a lot of Jazz ! (and no ghost at all !)

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Hi @Captain WH Rollins

I am not a big collecter, but I tried to collect some old thing, as I am not (yet) very old, I tried to collect some "high tech" stuffs, and I am proud to have a Minitel (do you know ? it was before the Internet in France https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minitel) and an original Game Boy ! I have some other things, but all those things can be put in one medium box ! I have an old phone like this http://urlz.fr/6T5l ) !

you spoke about old jazz vinyls you collect : have you ever seen "Ghost world" whith Scarlett Johansson ? it is a film with a lot of Jazz ! (and no ghost at all !)

The old fashioned backelite telephones are making a strong comeback, they are very retro and very stylish. I do know of the Minitel - I believe it was retired a few years ago, by the French telecom. If I remember correctly, you could access the telephone directory, you could order by mail, also book airline and train tickets and there was also a message board for family and friends. In its day it was cutting-edge technology.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade
The old fashioned backelite telephones are making a strong comeback, they are very retro and very stylish. I do know of the Minitel - I believe it was retired a few years ago, by the French telecom. If I remember correctly, you could access the telephone directory, you could order by mail, also book airline and train tickets and there was also a message board for family and friends. In its day it was cutting-edge technology.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

@Captain WH Rollins
yes, you're right ! my syster bought a phone which seems to an old one, but it is a new one ! but, mine is a real old phone ! and it does work ! I can receive calls, but I can't dial any number !

Yes, you're totaly right ! the end of Minitel was il 2012 if I remember correctly !
Once again, you're right ! You could do all you said ! My parents had one, but I didn't use it, I was too Young !
And, the most usable fonctionnality was ... chat ! and meeting people ! ah ah :D !

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I was very tempted recently to purchase a number of vintage fountain pens and add them to my ever growing collection, they were on display in an antique shop window. I will return and have a much closer look next time my passing.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Following the current world snooker championship, broadcast live by the BBC from Sheffield, I'm very tempted to purchase a new snooker cue and case, for my collection. As soon as I find some time I will look into this.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom