Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Testing new releases on your device - test list

volly

150+ Star Club
The following is a suggested list of things to check on a new release to make sure nothing got broken. If you can think of something to add to this list, PM me and I can add it here. If a mod thinks this thread is better suited in a different area, by all means feel free to move it.

It be really great if it was a sticky. (HINT!!!)

Request from everyone - do NOT COMPLAIN in this thread about things you do not like. I will ask a mod to remove any post from anyone that does this. The point of this thread is to provide feedback to Ivan and the devs on our test using the list below of things to check.
----------------------------
1. Game loads successfully from startup.

2. Once the game loads, do you see any sluggishness on any of the controls?

3. Store:
a. All Residential buildings listed and you can click on each one?
b. All Commerce listed and you can click on each one?
c. All Airport buildings and items listed and you can click on each one?
d. All Planes items listed and you can click on each one?
e. All Helicopter items listed and you can click on each one?
f. All Industry items listed and you can click on each one?
g. All Bonuses items listed and you can click on each one?
h. All Resources items listed and you can click on each one?
I. All Badges items listed and you can click on each one?
4. Flights:
a. Each time you go to send a flight, (and have to pull up the Flights list) the hanger & plane you clicked on is shown.
b. Helicopter destinations are shown
c. Destinations that require maps are shown
d. Flights that require maps from alliance flights are shown.
e. Space launches are shown.
f. Event flights are shown
g. Favorite flights are shown if you have a fav selected.
h. The search function works as expected.
5. Warehouse: (Note: you have to have an item in stock for it to be present in your warehouse)
a. All Buildings listed and you can click on each one?
b. All Planes listed and you can click on each one?
c. All Helicopter items listed and you can click on each one?
d. All Fuel items are listed and you can click on each one?
e. All Passenger items are listed and you can click on each one?
f. All Bonuses items listed and you can click on each one?
g. All Resources items listed and you can click on each one?
h. All Maps items listed and you can click on each one?
i. All Other items listed and you can click on each one?
6. Collections:
a. When a collection is complete and you click the collections control, it takes you to the collection that is completed.
b. All 7 types of collections can be clicked on
c. For any collection that gives a building as a reward, clicking on the reward will display a popup giving specifications of the building such as max passengers, coins and so forth.
d. clicking on a specific item in a collection will display a popup window that will show you how to obtain that item be it from a flight, building or neighbor's building or event activity.
e. The search function works as expected.
7. Community button (I may be giving this the wrong name)
a. Alliance sub button:
i. On viewing the Alliance window, the Alliance tab displays the correct information
ii. The "My Request" tab works as expected.
iii. The "Manage" tab works as expected.
iv. The "Settings" tab works as expected.​
b1. Gifts - receiving:
i. The "Take All" button will take all gifts. You will see a countdown on the corner of the button as gifts are taken.
ii. The "Take" button on each gift receive will give you a gift. Once you take a gift, the button should be changed to a "Send" button. When you click "Send" the person who sent you the gift in the first place should be removed from the list.
iii. The "Clear All" button should work as expected. Once used, there should be no gifts listed to receive.​
b2. Gifts - sending:
i. You should see a number of gifts you can send for the day
ii. When sending a gift, the number of gifts you can send should go down.
iii. Once you send all the gifts you can send for the day, the game should not allow for you to send an additional gift.
iv. On the right side of the window a description of each gift should be provided.
v. The search function should work as expected.​
c. Neighbors - to be added​
8. Additional controls:
a. Moving a building to inventory - should work as expected
b. Building a road should work as expected.
c. Rotate an object should work as expected
d. Move an object should work as expected.
e. piggybank - selling an object - should work as expected.
9. Ratings:
a. World map should be shown when opened.
b. The Alliance icon should show the top one hundred alliance ratings and your alliance ranking.
c. The rocket icon should show the top one hundred alliance ratings and your alliance ranking.
d. The rover icon should show the top one hundred alliance ratings and your alliance ranking.
e. The Shuttle icon should show the top one hundred alliance ratings and your alliance ranking.
f. The search icon should work as expected.
10. Gear:
a. The Camera icon should take a snapshot of your screen and save it locally to your device.
b. The grid icon should change your city view from a builds view to a grid view
c. The settings icon should open a window with a set of controls and should work as expected.
11: Buildings in your city
a. Clicking on a building with a coin will give you coins
b. Clicking on a building with a passenger icon should give you passengers unless you are at your max.
c. A building that has been visited by a neighbor should give you a reward of either coins or passengers.
d. Building that have been visited by a neighbor that has a connected Facebook account should show their icon they use for gaming.
12. Fuel - to be added

13. Buying coins and items from Gi - to be added

14. Greenies - to be added

15. Quest - to be added

16 . Events - to be added

17. Daily task - to be added

18. Flights - to be added

19. Subscriptions- to be added

20. Guest flights - to be added

21. Rank and experience - to be added

22. Power - to be added

23. Population - to be added

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Posted in the wrong forum.

Moved to guides section.

For it to be a sticky, you need to make a request.

The purpose of this thread is for comments whether good or bad.. You cannot pick and choose which posts you like.

volly

150+ Star Club
Posted in the wrong forum.

Moved to guides section.

For it to be a sticky, you need to make a request.

The purpose of this thread is for comments whether good or bad.. You cannot pick and choose which posts you like.

I respectfully disagree. The point of this thread isn't to promote discussion. Its to give a list of all things to test in the game and then give feedback to the developers. I'm looking at this from a end user development point of view. In software development the technical term is called UAT. (User Acceptance Testing). This forum has the largest audience for the game and if I was actually writing the code for this game or overseeing the team that manages the game a resource like this would be quite valuable. It would give a much larger testing pool of data, greater chance to find bugs so they can be addressed, and in the long run improve the game for everyone.
If it is left as a "pull any opinion you like out of your hat whether it is true or not" then from a developer point of view the thread loses most if not all of its value. If you insist on having it wild west style then i see no reason for me to contribute to it any further for it will be a waste of time and effort on my part. Respectfully - You are the moderater so of course the call is yours to make. I have no desire to disagree further if your above-mentioned position stands.

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
@volly

I will leave the thread as is. If it is active and depending on the type of discussions We will revisit this thread whether to grant your requests for post removal and making it a sticky.

Top Bottom