Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

iOS Subscription moved to support account.

I will have a related problem in the next few days: I'm getting a new iPad, which I plan to install using a complete backup of the old one. With any luck, AC will work as is because user accounts, game center ID etc. will remain the same, and current local game data is also transferred using this method, so there should be no need to restore game data from the GI server, or.....?

The interesting thing is what happens later once I've got the game running on new iPad - what if I then run the game on the old iPad - will there be a crash, a restore attempt, or alarm bells about cheating from GI? Can they in fact tell that the game is run from two different devices? You must understand that I am not attempting to cheat, quite the contrary: What I want to do is to run my main game on the new iPad and set up a new support/fuel account on the old one! I'm happy with setting up a new Game Center ID on the old one, but would prefer to keep the same old iCloud/iTunes account for purchasing continuity. Is that even possible? I don't want to risk getting blocked nor spend hours doing trial and error, or - shock, horror - having to contact GI support! :wacky:

If anyone knows the ins and outs of iOS transfer and can answer these questions, please let me know!

/Cajsa
Hi! My old iPad crashed a few months ago and I had to get a new one. I had no problems whatsoever. Just restored from iTunes and it was done. Back to business in no time.
About your old device: I don’t have the experience myself, but I’ve read some posts on this forum. Everyone says that you can use it as long as you don’t use the same Game Center ID. But I think the safest is to create a new iCloud account.

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
Hi! My old iPad crashed a few months ago and I had to get a new one. I had no problems whatsoever. Just restored from iTunes and it was done. Back to business in no time.
About your old device: I don’t have the experience myself, but I’ve read some posts on this forum. Everyone says that you can use it as long as you don’t use the same Game Center ID. But I think the safest is to create a new iCloud account.
Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that backup and restore work as smoothly as they usually do with Apple stuff (as long as you remember your local backup password and use a Mac, not a PC to do the backup) :sneaky:! Once I've got going on the new one, I can mess around trying different options with new or same Apple ID and/or different game store ID, and will probably invest some time on the Apple support site to find out how it works.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that backup and restore work as smoothly as they usually do with Apple stuff (as long as you remember your local backup password and use a Mac, not a PC to do the backup) :sneaky:!
I did it with iTunes, on my windows 10 PC with phone help from apple support and using the regular iPad backup (the one that is done automatically whenever the iPad is idle, charging and with an active WiFi connection

CajsaMacD

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
CajsaMacD
Username
Cajsa [needs]
I did it with iTunes, on my windows 10 PC with phone help from apple support and using the regular iPad backup (the one that is done automatically whenever the iPad is idle, charging and with an active WiFi connection
That was the option that screwed things up for me when I upgraded the iPad to iOS 11 - full local backup failed, then update via iTunes over USB cable to PC also failed and the iPad had to be restored from scratch! I was left with the regular iCloud backup and was able to restore it, but that backup doesn't include certain personal data such as keyring, some app data etc, so I lost progress on another different game while my AC game was restored from AC servers! :eek: Since then I've got an old iMac, where iTunes backup/restore works perfectly, I just don't do it often enough!

Top Bottom