1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

iOS Subscription moved to support account.

Discussion in 'Airport City Bugs, Glitches & Errors' started by A Merryflyer, 3 June 2018.

1. A Merryflyer

A Merryflyer Active Member

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    I have two iPads on the same iTunes account. This morning my Gold Subscription automatically renewed, but the Gold Subscription moved from my main account to my support account, which I do not want.

Has anyone else experienced the same? Any advice (other than a ticket to GI).

Thanks

2. Is there a restore purchases option?

Edit: on second thought, I believe one of our alliance members tried that and it didn’t work.

3. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    Yes, tried and it made no difference. But thanks for the suggestion.

4. Have you contacted apple support for that? I thought you sorted out other issue from them last time you had some issue with your subscription, didn't you?

5. @A Merryflyer , I have 5 iOS devices all using the same iTunes account. Can I assume that with your 2 devices, that even though both use the same iTunes account, they each have their own Game Centre account?

6. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    I don't use Game Centre, so no Game Centre account. Nice idea though.

7. Ok. I’m ready to be corrected by someone who knows better, but as far as I understand how GI has the game set up on iOS is that it uses your Game Centre ID. You might not think that you’re using Game Centre because when your iTunes account is first entered into the device, the Game Centre copies that same data into itself. Each iOS account requires a different Game Centre ID and that is why your games appear to want to swap across - the server thinks they are different versions of the same game. This will continue to happen.

The big advantage, however, is that if your phone or game is playing up, you can delete the app or reformat your device and when you reinstall the game, it will pick up on the GC ID and load your game from the server without having to get GI involved.

The way around it all is as follows...Make sure you take note of your AC code on the second device as you’ll now need to set up a new iTunes account (don’t worry, you’ll never actually have to use it). Once you’ve done that, copy the new account details into the Game Centre account. You can then switch your iTunes back to your normal/original account (GC won’t change back).

Unfortunately, because the server is already confused, you’ll need GI to help from here. Delete the AC app and reinstall. Play the game up to level 3 and then submit a ticket to GI advising them that you have reinstalled the game and would like the new game code updated, providing them with the Lvl 3 game code and your old game code. It’s a simple fix and gets done fairly quickly.

EDIT: you can actually keep and use the new iTunes account if you really want to, but I find it much easier to have the same acc/credit card details attached to all of my devices. If you keep using the new iTunes account, the devices won’t have any connection to each other at all.

8. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer

Many thanks. When GI get round to replying to me ticket, I will do as you suggested.

9. I have a feeling that you’ll need to do all of that before GI can fix it.

10. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    I have already spoken to Apple who say they will issue a refund if GI don't resolve the issue within 24 hours, as according to the Apple chappie I spoke to its a TOS violation. If GI can't or won't simply fix it and do it promptly, I will ask them to refund and if they won't do that, then I will go the Apple route.

In the event that GI are selling a subscription that doesn't work as promised, I am reluctant to go to a lot of trouble to resolve it. I'll take the refund and move on.

11. Absolutely go down that road to recover your funds. If GI doesn’t know that both accounts are running on the same game Centre ID, they will struggle to work it out. The process above was discussed in detail around 18 months ago when the programming changed and GI advised that you could no longer run different games on the same iTunes acc (it all became too hard to explain to novices that it was a Game Centre issue, not iTunes). Once they are on different accounts, the issue will never arise again :).

12. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    Thanks for the ongoing advice. So I now have both iPads on difference iTunes account and with different Game Centre accounts. So presumably I can buy the subscription on the main account (new iTunes account) and await a refund for the subscription which has migrated to the support account?

Is that correct? Or have I missed something?

Bob69bob likes this.
  13. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer

Last edited: 5 June 2018
  14. That is correct. Good luck! :).

15. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    Many thanks. All sorted. I got a refund from Apple and then repurchased on the new iTunes/Game Centre account. I have been transparent with what I have done as the resolution suggested by GI was cumbersome, so hopefully they won't suspend me for claiming a refund!

KingJJ and Bob69bob like this.
  16. They got their money regardless so they should be happy :).

17. Do you still have to cancel the subscription on the support @A Merryflyer ?

18. A Merryflyer

iPad
    03nhxjex
    A Merryflyer
    I advised GI that as the money had be refunded they should cancel the subscription on the support account. As yet they haven't taken any action or replied.

19. When I got gifts from you this morning you had a gold band round at least one support as well as your main.