Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Flyers

If your like me and you have been playing Airport City for quite sometime, then you would have built up healthy supplies of resource items used in fueling your Spaceship Launches.

I'm referring in particular to the following four resource items - Additional Stabilalizer (123), Explosive Bolt (128), Small Fuel Tank (29) and Solid Fuel (331). These resources are normally left over because of the time it takes, a few hours, before you are able to select them again having waited for the items to become available.

I've not included the remaining three resource items, which make up the entire range, Large Fuel Tank, Main Stabilalizer and Powerful Explosive Bolt, simply because they have a far greater value and are more frequently used when launches are opened.

I'm sure there are many forum members who are in a similar position. With that in mind, I would like to try and use up these smaller resources, by opening up a green launch (1600 limit the smallest available) and leaving the launch open for almost 24 hours or when a flight is ready for launch, whichever comes first.

It will, of course, not be possible to use up all these resource items in just one launch, so there would need to be quite a few, over many days if not many weeks.

I would be very interested to know what members think. For this to work we would need to have an understanding, that this is about using up all those smaller resource items and not about securing first, second or third place as such. The only problem that I can see would be those, non forum members, who could take advantage, because they are not up to speed and/or not concerned.

I very much look forward to reading your thoughts on this matter. To my way of thinking it is a great waste of unused resources, which should be used. All those involved would benefit in the long run which can't be a bad thing.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Morning Flyers

A few days ago I posted a thread, in the Airport City Questions section, entitled Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items. This is where you will need to go to read the post and the expressed views of members.

On Friday 5th February, 5pm London time, I will open up a green launch, the thread will be entitled Green Launch: Using Up Smaller Resource Items. I will leave the launch open for 24 hours or until the flight gauge becomes full, whichever takes place first. I do appreciate members are located around the world, in different time zones, and that there is only one sun and it can not be in two places at once.

I'm starting with a green launch because of its fuel gauge size and because I believe it will be far easier to manage, given those who have responded thus far. The launch is for flyers who have built up large quantities of small launch supplies and would like to make use of them - Small Fuel Tank (6 points - 30 minutes), Additional Stabilalizer (12 points - 2 hours), Explosive Bolt (24 points - 4 hours) and Solid Fuel (12 points - 2 hours).

During the launch period I will not be using the remaining three items, from the resource range, Large Fuel Tank, Main Stabilalizer and Powerful Explosive Bolt, simply because they have far greater values and are more frequently used when completing launch flights.

It will not be possible for flyers to use up all of their small resource items in just one launch, so there will need to be a few flights, before supplies begin to run down. I will open a green launch, once a week, every Friday at 5pm during February on 5th, 12th, 19th and 26th. This set period will give flyers plently of time to plan their flying week. At the end of the month we can review the situation.

This flight is not about securing first, second or third places as such, nor is it about getting rich. It's simply a way of using up all the small and unused resources, converting them into small amounts of money, which in tern, adds up to larger amounts of money. Team work and the collective good is the key to this venture.

There are no hard and fast rules as to how much flyers will need to invest in the launch or the number of visits, time factors come into play with each of the four small resource items as does time zones. The resource quantities will of course differ from flyer to flyer, as for myself, I have Additional Stabilalizer (126), Explosive Bolt (137), Small Fuel Tank (20) and Solid Fuel (331).

My main concern comes from hi-jackers (non forum members), who may well jump in at the last moment and ruin things for the rest of us. There is no way to best guard against this possibility or prevent this from happening. Perhaps, being a green launch, there will be less interest, than a red launch where the rewards are far greater. We will just have to wait and see what happens and take it from there.

If there are any comments, suggestions or ideas please record them in the Airport City Questions section of the forum.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Afternoon Flyers

The next green launch Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items opens on Friday 12th February, 5.00pm London time, the second planned launch of four during this month. The launch will remain open for 24 hours or until the fuel gauge becomes full, so there is plenty of time to invest your resources and plan your return visits around your game play.

Below is some information, table positions and rewards, taken from the first flight data results. If you disregard first place (did not read the memo) and focus on the investments, from 2nd to 7th place, it will give you a good idea as to how much you will need to invest to secure your position and your rewards:

1st @Samzon - 752 - (6000 coins and 600 experience, plus 2 chest)
2nd @pwilberwright - 176 - (3000 coins and 300 experience, plus 1 chest)
3rd @Captain WH Rollins - 168 - (3000 coins and 300 experience, plus 1 chest)
4th @Wasted Eagle - 166 - (1000 coins and 150 experience, plus 1 chest)
5th @david smith - 144 - (1000 coins and 150 experience, plus 1 chest)
6th @ItsRalphy - 126 - (500 coins and 100 experience, plus 1 chest)
7th @Harcourt - 120 - (500 coins and 100 experience, plus 1 chest)

This green launch is open to all flyers who have built up large quantities of small resource items, during long term game play, and would like to convert them into small amounts of money. Please only use the following four small resource items - Small Fuel Tank (6 points), Additional Stabilalizer (12 points), Explosive Bolt (24 points) and Solid Fuel (12 points).

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Afternoon Flyers

A gentle reminder to those of you who took part in the first ever green launch, entitled: Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items and to those of you who were unable to take part first time round.

The second green launch opens tomorrow, Friday 12th February at 5pm, London time. As before, the launch will remain open for 24 hours or until the fuel gauge is full, whichever comes first.

It is important you only use your small resource items - Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilalizer, Explosive Bolt and Solid Fuel - in order to make it a more level playing field for those taking part. The idea, to these flights, is to convert your resources into small amounts of money, which soon adds up to larger amounts of money. The collective good rather than that of the individual.

I look forward to your company.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Morning Flyers

Here is the second green launch flight data, following the Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items. The remaining two launches are on Friday 19th and 26th of February.

Flyers who took part (2nd Flight)
1st - @Blue Aero (268) - coins (6000) experience (600) - chest (2)
2nd - @pwilberwright (268) - coins (3000) experience (300) - chest (1)
3rd - @Wired Parrott (242) - coins (3000) experience (300) - chest (1)
4th - kurimother (230) - coins (1000) experience (150) - chest (1) - Non Forum Member
5th - @gamerader2 (178) - coins (1000) experience (150) - chest (1)
6th - @Captain WH Rollins (150) - coins (500) experience (100) - chest (1)
7th - @Comet18 (96) - coins (500) experience (100) - chest (1)
8th - @Harcourt (90) - coins (250) experience (50) - chest (1)
9th - @ItsRalphy (78) - coins (250) experience (50) - chest (1)

My thanks for taking part and for making this happen.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Dear Flyers

For those of you who took part in the green launches, entitled Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items - here is the combined data results table, based on the first two completed flights during February (the remaining two flights will be on 19th and 26th):

Flyers League Table
1st - Samzon (1 flight), 752 resources, 6000 coins, 600 experience, 2 chests
2nd - @pwilberwright (2 flights), 444 resources, 6000 coins, 600 experience, 2 chests
3rd - @david smith (2 flights), 322 resources, 2000 coins, 300 experience, chests 2
4th - @Captain WH Rollins (2 flights), 318 resources, 3500 coins, 400 experience, 2 chests
5th - @Blue Aero (1 flight), 268 resources, 6000 coins, 600 experience, 2 chests
6th - @Wired Parrott (1 flight), 242 resoures, 3000 coins, 300 experience, 1 chest
7th - kurimother (1 flight), 230 resources, 1000 coins, 150 experience, 1 chest (NFM)
8th - @Harcourt (2 flights), 210 resources, 750 coins, 150 experience, 2 chests
9th - @ItsRalphy (2 flights), 204 resources, 750 coins, 150 experience, 2 chests
10th - @Wasted Eagle (1 flight), 166 resources, 1000 coins, 150 experience, 1 chest
11th - @Comet18 (1 flight), 96 resources, 500 coins, 100 experience, 1 chest

There are two anomolies in the above table (1st and 7th place) which I've included, after much deliberation, simply so the table is complete. These two anomolies came about as a result of items used from the resource range, other than the following, Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilalizer, Explosive Bolt and Solid Fuel.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Allright @Captain WH Rollins , you triggered me to enter with that leaderboard!

Note to self: don't space travel on Thursdays, don't space travel on Thursdays, don't space travel on Thursdays... :ROFLMAO:

Your really in 8th place and not 10th

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Good Morning Flyers

The third green launch, Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items, opens tomorrow, Friday 19th February at 5pm (London time). As with the first two launches it will remain open for 24 hours or until the fuel gauge is full, whichever comes first (sorry, if I'm repeating myself, it's hard to come up with a fresh approach).

For those of you who have not taken part before, and are thinking of doing so, I would encourage you to read through the Airport City Question's section for background information. The idea, to these flights, is to convert your unused resources into small amounts of money, which soon adds up to larger amounts of money (I'm repeating myself again, I'm afraid).

If you do decide to take part, it is important you only use your small resource items - Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilalizer, Explosive Bolt and Solid Fuel, this will make it a more level playing field for all. Well, that is the theory, I may well be proved wrong, once again.

I look forward to your company.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

Here is the data results table, based on four completed green launch flights, the anomolies are in red. It's very tempting to remove all the anomolies and re-number the flyers place settings. After much deliberation, I decided it was not my place to re-write the flyers league table, so I've kept them in. I'm hoping that in good time the anomolies will slide down the table and drop off the bottom.

Those of you who have flown 3 to 4 times, you can now see the sort of income which can be earned from flying collectively. Those of you who have flown only once, your income will increase in good time, patience and teamwork is the key to these series of flights:

Flyers League Table
1st - @pwilberwright (4 flights) - 764 resources - 8000 coins - 900 experience/4 chests
2nd - Samzon (1 flight) - 752 resources - 6000 coins - 600 experience/2 chests
3rd - @Captain WH Rollins (4 flights) - 750 resources - 4750 coins - 600 experience/4 chests
4th - david smith (4 flights) - 714 resources - 6000 coins - 900 experience/4 chests
5th - @Wired Parrott (3 flights) - 692 resoures - 9500 coins - 1000 experience/4 chests
6th - @Wasted Eagle (3 flight) - 658 resources - 7000 coins - 750 experience/3 chests
7th - @Harcourt (4 flights) - 480 resources - 2250 coins - 400 experience/4 chests
8th - Frank - (1 flight) - 454 resources - 6000 coins - 600 experience/2 chests (NFM)
9th - @ItsRalphy (4 flights) - 330 resources - 1500 coins - 300 experience/4 chests
10th - @Blue Aero (1 flight) - 268 resources - 6000 coins - 600 experience/2 chests
11th - kurimother (1 flight) - 230 resources - 1000 coins - 150 experience/1 chest (NFM)
12th - @crescent moon (1 flight) - 104 resources - 500 coins - 100 experience/1 chest
13th - @Comet18 (1 flight) - 96 resources - 500 coins - 100 experience/1 chest
14th - @OVA international (1 flight) - 24 resources - 250 coins - 50 experience/1 chest

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins

During February four green launch flights were completed and the combined data results, Flyers League Table, were posted in the Airport City Questions section. In March four further flights are planned, Friday 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th, 5pm GMT London time.

These green flights are for flyers who have built up supplies of unused resources during game play, and would like to convert them into small amounts of money. I'm referring to the following four small items in the resource range - Small Fuel Tank (6 points - 30 minutes), Additional Stabilalizer (12 points - 2 hours), Explosive Bolt (24 points - 4 hours) and Solid Fuel (12 points - 2 hours).

These small resources build up, over a period of time, because of the time it takes to select each of them more than once and still maintain place settings. In normal game play, where flyers positions come into play, these four items are only used once. The rest of the time the much larger resource items are used to complete the fuel gauge. The quantities will of course differ from flyer to flyer, here are mine - Additional Stabilalizer (185), Explosive Bolt (198), Small Fuel Tank (6) and Solid Fuel (414).

If your planning on taking part, the one and only important rule to remember, is to only use the four small items stated above, this will help make it a more level playing field for all flyers. The number of times you choose to visit and invest in the launch is of course up to you.

The next green launch will be opened by Wired Parrot and will remain open for 24 hours or until the fuel gauge is full, whichever comes first.

I look forward to your company and the next launch.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@Eric The Great @yenta613 @wkndcmpr @martina888

A while ago you expressed an interest in joining - Spaceship Launches: Using Up Smaller Resource Items - just to let you know the fifth flight takes place this Friday 5pm GMT London UK time. The green launch will be opened by Wired Parrot - you are welcomed to join in if you are still interest. This is a long term series of flights where you convert your small resource items - Small Fuel Tank, Additional Stabilalizer, Explosive Bolt and Solid Fuel - into money, which adds up over a number of flights.

Regards

Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom