Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Space Launches & PM's

It appears a lot of space launches are now taking place via message rather than on the forum. I understand the reason for this is because of launches being hijacked in the past.

Unfortunately the message system is designed to cope with the sheer amount of messages its receiving. As such i'm currently working on a solution for space launches to be carried out on the forum, but via a request to join or invite system.

Once I get closer to launching (boom boom) the feature, i'll post more details.

Almost finished on the new system, so I thought I would give you a run down and see what you think.

There would be a new forum category created called "Launch Teams"
Within "Launch Teams", members can create their own forum which they can fill with threads and posts relating to their space launches.

Launch Teams
- Dave's Space Launches (Forum)
-- Upcoming launch on 7th Jan (Thread)
-- New Launch on 15th Jan (Thread)
- Uncle Mans Missions (Forum)
-- Anyone want to take part in blue mission? (Thread)
- CosmicBlues Launch Thread (Forum)
-- Space launch tonight (Thread)

When the member creates their forum, they get to choose one of two permission sets.

1) Fully open - Everyone can view all threads/posts and can post their own threads and reply to posts.

2) Request to join - Members will only be able to see thread titles, but wont be able to see any of the content. They wont be able to view threads or reply until the sent a request to join and it has been accepted by the person that created the forum.

So using the above example Dave, UncleMan and CosmicBlue would the be the creators of each of those forums. If they chose permission set 2, they would decide who to allow to join their group. They can also revoke peoples membership of that group as well.

May sound a little complicated, but maybe because i've gone into detail - I will provide a guide with pictures when it does go live.

Thoughts, comments?

Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. iPhone
Username
Iphone: Jpjpjp999; Ipad: Jpjpjp4; Android: Jpjpjp2
Personally, I don't like the idea. My reasons:
A. I think the hijacking from forum members isn't a problem as it isn't happening much. Those that hijack are spoken to/asked to not to do it again.
B. I think it works fine as it is. You can better ask why people put it in a conversation. Because they want to hide the launch or because the communication is easier (than you don't need the extra restrictions on the threads, but just the threads open and not hidden)
C. I don't launch much so if you close this up it is more difficult to find a launch to hop on to (and read if people made arragements) so the chance of hijacking a third place from someone gets bigger.
D. We have conversations that are closed, why create more closed parts?

Personally, I don't like the idea. My reasons:
A. I think the hijacking from forum members isn't a problem as it isn't happening much. Those that hijack are spoken to/asked to not to do it again.
B. I think it works fine as it is. You can better ask why people put it in a conversation. Because they want to hide the launch or because the communication is easier (than you don't need the extra restrictions on the threads, but just the threads open and not hidden)
C. I don't launch much so if you close this up it is more difficult to find a launch to hop on to (and read if people made arragements) so the chance of hijacking a third place from someone gets bigger.
D. We have conversations that are closed, why create more closed parts?

Fair points, however there would still be an open section where you would be able to find launches to hop into. This new way would just give members the option to create closed launches if they wished.

Device
  1. Android
Why everyone always think that hijackers are bad. What about TRAPPERS???? Many people trap me. I joined launches and minimum fuel and leave hours. If I wait, what about my QL time? There is no hijackers if you put reasonable fuel. Just look from a different point of view.

eat007

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
ahkdwlo , 04fsgyc9
Username
erik1itemneeded, erik2itemneeded
@Robby Kusuma , Whats a trapper
Not being at the level of large space launches yet, some of this is new to me!
Robby means that some players put a launch out and load very little fuel and also take it very easy. Than Robby joins with his QL and he is trapped in that launch for hours if he can't overtake and hijack the launch. My opinion is that in these cases you of course take control and hijack. You've got a QL , no time to waste.

Not every one use QL everyday @Robby Kusuma . ;)

I too hate Trappers. It's againts all moral of the launch.

If you just want to tag along .. looks for other neighbour launch. Not to initiate yourselves. (contrary with Hijackers)

I always black list the ones who is Trappers.

But it's easier to track Trappers than Hijackers, that's why everyone is concentrating on Hijackers.

If you take time to look at your self. You too are a Trappers (for a brief of time).
A non forum member who doesn't know your rules will think why is this ' ara person gives only 0 and all other joiners is rushing with points :LOL:

Hi @Dave, I would agree with @flip123 's view that I don't really think hijacking is that big an issue, although I don't do that many launches, I have been involved in some of the multiple QL parties, and 'we' seem to respect each other well....occasionally something may go wrong, but usually due to how fast a launch is progressing....!

However, I do like your idea, especially if it means that you can see in advance of when someone is planning a QL party - for me, this would work better, as I can then 'plan' to be around for a few hours and contribute properly to the QL party, and make sure I have a proper wifi signal....being a busy 'family man', sometimes it is difficult to be able to randomly check the forum to see if anyone is launching...whereas if I knew I was joing a QL party on a Saturday morning for example, and it was with 'friends' that I know and are used to etc, then I would probably get more involved and this be able to contribute more....

I've rambled on a bit, but think you know what I'm saying, lol!
Cheers,
Az
Ps...had a quick look at your new thread regarding notifications, looks really good! I'll try and give it a go later...

Device
  1. Android
@Juvenal , if I am a trapper, why the always join again in seconds I open. Hahahahahaha.
And i put zero in 2 conditions, the fueling damn fast or some players racing.
Before, I always to empty my waiting room by joining, now not anymore. Unless joining a QL party.
To me, hijanking hapen when you put trap. And to me, there is no such a rule the opener should take 1st. Because opener already given benefit by take a better rank if you put the same points.

@Juvenal , if I am a trapper, why the always join again in seconds I open. Hahahahahaha.
And i put zero in 2 conditions, the fueling damn fast or some players racing.
Before, I always to empty my waiting room by joining, now not anymore. Unless joining a QL party.
To me, hijanking hapen when you put trap. And to me, there is no such a rule the opener should take 1st. Because opener already given benefit by take a better rank if you put the same points.
Because your traps is full with honey :D

Sorry @Dave , I know it's out of context. :whistle:

Top Bottom