Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

So many questions (tactics / guide )

Hi everybody.

I am fairly new to the game. Lvl 46 with 75 stars. Friendcode: Runesten
Name in game: AaaaRunedrengen

Even though I have spent hours on the game I am still not sure what the right tactic is and I have some questions, where I couldn't easily find the answers here. So I hope you guys want to help out.

So here goes.

1. Is is worth doing the Excavations flights? Doing those takes time away from my Alliance flights.

2. I am in an alliance but we are not reaching all the goals, so the weekly bonus is usually only the first one (flight exp +10%). Should I focus on my own city rather that the alliance?

3. Is it worth doing the purple flights? I have only gotten the map to Nagoya from spaceflights. Rewards seem not to favorable compared to expanding city?

4. Does the fuel speed up lower chance of item or is it just in my imagination?

5. Should you save Spy Glass and other item enhancing bonus for quests like In the Hole etc?

Any other tips or tricks on how to carry on and what my focus should be on?

Thx guys.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
6. Is there a certain tactic to visiting neighbour buildings? I see Astronaut academy and plantariums mentioned. Why them? Can you use a bonus to get more from your neighbours? What buildings should you visit?

zica

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
please PM
Username
AZica
6. Is there a certain tactic to visiting neighbour buildings? I see Astronaut academy and plantariums mentioned. Why them? Can you use a bonus to get more from your neighbours? What buildings should you visit?
every building can give you items for your collections..training center, planetarium, mission control center and launch pad give you items for the collections you need on launch...

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
@zica Thanks for reply. I am aware that buildings give different items. I think my question is what is most efficient. How do I collect so I benefits me the most. Which buildings, should I use a bonus beforehand etc

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Welcome to Airport City @Runesten

I will try to help you out with some answers.

1. Yes, it s worth doing excavation flights as they give you maps which allow you to fly for adventures buildings.
Adventure buildings are one of the greatest assets of the game as they drop daily collectables without the need to do anything.
Higher level players with adventure building collect coins and other items more quickly.

You need to balance alliance flights and excavation flights and regualr flights to get ahead in this game. No one type of flight is going to help advance your city.

2. If you are getting daily 10 % keep on with the alliance but you do not have to do it every week. So you will be getting higher levels as the number of players in the alliance increase. It just takes time.

3. All flights are worth doing sometimes you will not see the rewards in the short term but eventual the drop rates change. If you are in the game for short term gains you will be doomed to disappointment.

This game is for players who plan to spend years playing some of the best players have been playing for 4 + years.

4. It is just your imagination, speeding up flights may or may not help it all depends on the the alogrithim GI uses.

5. unfortunately GI recently changed the way the game is played so that bonus do not have the same effect as in previous years. Yes, they are most benefical when used in quests.

6. Read and learn but the style you play the game should be your own because everyone has different goals and methods to get there.

Last edited:
Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
For some reason I only saw your answer to question 1 @Cosmic Blue. Thanks for pointers on the other questions. I am in it for the long run, and have been playing for some months now. Maybe 6. I am overwhelmed when I see people who have 10 Astronaut academy etc, I have no idea on how to get there. Also collecting gold tokens seem like something that is not in the near future.

My next plan is to get 7 planes and upgrade the town hall to 1.000. Level 3 Launch Pad will have to wait, the price is insane. :)

For some reason I only saw your answer to question 1 @Cosmic Blue. Thanks for pointers on the other questions. I am in it for the long run, and have been playing for some months now. Maybe 6. I am overwhelmed when I see people who have 10 Astronaut academy etc, I have no idea on how to get there. Also collecting gold tokens seem like something that is not in the near future.

My next plan is to get 7 planes and upgrade the town hall to 1.000. Level 3 Launch Pad will have to wait, the price is insane. :)

You should build Control Tower as fast as possible. More hangars -> more planes -> more coins.
Town Hall not (really) essential.

Flying excavation flights is fine, but it will take sometime to get enough drops for 6 collections to get an Adventure building.
But doing flights / adventure flights all day will help getting coins, so keep flying.

Red Launch Pad (Level 3) should be your priority, because it is key to earning coins (and gold tokens) fast. Skip Green and Blue Launch pad.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
Great advice @Bali Hi
I will save all my space gear for a red launch then and don't waste time on the others. I have around 10 powerful bolts so should be able to launch a red when I get the dough for a red launch pad.

Great advice @Bali Hi
I will save all my space gear for a red launch then and don't waste time on the others. I have around 10 powerful bolts so should be able to launch a red when I get the dough for a red launch pad.
But when you do have the red pad, don't rush into a launch. Make neighbors from the forum, join some other neighbors launches, use less valuable items just to learn how launches work...
You'd better not join non forum neighbor's launches, unless you are able to communicate with them. The risk of hijacking is too high (I got some)
Also, PEBs are too valuable to be spent all in just a launch, in my opinion.
I started playing AC in 2015 but since august I use this forum in a daily basis, have made a lot of friendly neighbors, and my knowledge about this game has grown exponentially (even though I still consider myself a beginner).
:finger:

@Runesten I agree on the control towers but I'm a little more skeptical about the launches and waiting for a Red. I preferred the option of launching green and blue early (with help from a lot of people in this forum)so I could earn the silver token and cash to fund other things. I think I still only have a Level 6 Town Hall because I have so many silver tokens it's just much cheaper to buy 3 more Grand Hotels then spend hundreds of thousands of coins on Town Halls. Both options work and there's a pretty healthy split in opinion.

Don't worry about Planetariums, Astronaut Academies, and Training Centers. People who have those have either been playing the game for years or spent a lot of real money to acquire those. Focus on building your cities, adventure destinations, launches, etc. and don't let it overwhelm you. This forum and the people who participate in it will allow your city to thrive in a lot of different ways.

Unless you're in an alliance with other forum members it's not worth flying them because you can't talk to them. Our alliance has agreed we'll shoot for 10% each week and we rotate who flies them so we're not all constantly burning resources to complete the missions. It frees us up to fly QL maps for launches, do excavation maps and continue focusing on our cities. We're all players for about a year and it works well for our group, but we talk a lot here about it and have honed that strategy because it works for us.

It's great to see you're using the forum and asking a lot of great questions. There's a ton of things in the game and I think that is what has hooked so many of us on it. Feel free to shoot me a note anytime you have questions or would just like the perspective of someone who has only been at this game for a short period of time.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
Thanks a lot @Davescharf

Makes perfect sense. I never even knew about the Grand Hotel. I have 42 silver coins so there is some way before I get that. Did you collect only through blue and green launch pad?
I have never fired the green launch actually.
It sounds like I could use a launch alliance of some sort and and a normal alliance that I can talk to. Would also make the gifting easier.

I have just added you in game. Hope that is ok.

Thanks a lot @Davescharf

Makes perfect sense. I never even knew about the Grand Hotel. I have 42 silver coins so there is some way before I get that. Did you collect only through blue and green launch pad?
I have never fired the green launch actually.
It sounds like I could use a launch alliance of some sort and and a normal alliance that I can talk to. Would also make the gifting easier.

I have just added you in game. Hope that is ok.

You can get the tokens through launches yes. There are other ways but they are the most common. Launches can do a lot for your game but it's a great idea to find a group of neighbors you can launch with. My advice though is to keep it relatively small

I accepted your request

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
AaaaRunedrengen
Good neighbours are really essential to progress in this game it seems. Everything goes a lot faster when you are able to pick up nice stuff from your neighbours.
The easiest way to get a building that provides unique items everyday is the Space Travel Monument right? It get really lousy drops from the missions to the ancient ruins, Are there other buildings I should look to get after the STM building which I am very close to. Missing only one item to get my 3rd completion.

Top Bottom