1. Welcome to AirportCityGame

AirportCityGame is the Number One forum when it comes to the hit Android, iOS, Windows and Amazon game Airport City!

Chat to other players, swap items in the Daily Trade Forum and help each other complete Space Missions!

Sky Captain: Now everyone has it. Best to use?

Discussion in 'Airport City Guides' started by Narocc, 10 December 2017.

1. Narocc

Narocc 150+ Star Club Active Member

iPhone
    039xbjo0
    Narocc
    Those who follow step-by-step for building helicopter based should now already received the Sky Captain bonus.

When & what are the best time to use it? Maybe advanced player here could give wise advice.

Jair Alexander likes this.
  2. Cosmic Blue

Cosmic Blue Administrator Active Member

Windows PC
    yarcb (windows pc)
    i use it on the week ends on either Friday night or Saturday night about 10:00 Pm that gives me over 15 hours of use the next day.

SactoDave and Robert like this.
  3. i just had 2 x 12 hour shifts at work where i am able to check the game every hour approx
    so i started it 4 hours into shift 1 and that enabled me to rush the final 4 hours during shift 2, did very well i believe

4. i start them mostly when i do QL hunting flights to get a better drop rate :)

5. Xilikon

Xilikon 350+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

iPad, iPhone, Windows PC
    Xilikon
    Xilikon
    I use it for my adventure flights. Better drops a bit.

6. Sky captain is very good in flight income coins (use it with the big planes)
    It will give more experience
    But is not good with collectable items at all (i try it many times)
    Maybe chance with non collectable items (the normal flights drop)
    For me the best bonus to get a collectable items from adventure or the launch maps or alliance maps is GOLDEN DICE.

From GI FAQ:
    Sky Captain — Increases experience and the money you earn from flights. It also increases the chances of an item drop. Parameters:
    • Action Time: 1 day.
    • Flight Expo: +100%
    • Flight income (coins): +400%
    • Chances of an item drop from a flight (non-collect): +100%
    :)

7. Crashfree

Crashfree Active Member

Windows PC
    20x2xkow
    CrashFree
    Has anyone noticed whether using Sky Captain + Dice when flying to Excavations destinations for Adventure maps gives a noticeable increase in chest drops, as opposed to just Dice?

Navigata07 likes this.
  8. Narocc

Narocc 150+ Star Club Active Member

iPhone
    039xbjo0
    Narocc
    Can it be combine with golden dice?

9. Crashfree

Crashfree Active Member

Windows PC
    20x2xkow
    CrashFree
    According to the official description, it has no effect on collectible drops.

10. i would prefer to combine with golden dice.. you will get then in total more experience, more coins and also more drops :)

11. i heard but never tried it so far that you need spyglass for excavation flights and then golden dice for the adventure maps

Crashfree likes this.
  12. Crashfree

Crashfree Active Member

Windows PC
    20x2xkow
    CrashFree
    Spyglass says it's for quest item and collectible drops. I currently have a quest to complete the aztec legacy collection, so I guess it depends how direct the "quest" part has to be. It might give me a boost for the adventure maps in this case. Not sure.

Agent_L likes this.
  13. i need to try that once :)

14. Aztec doesn't count as a quest. Dice for excavation maps to mesoamerica and then golden dice for tollan etc. I used sypglass and dice the first time I flew to mesoamerica, spyglass made no difference, compared with a second trip done later with just dice. Save it for a better use.

Crashfree likes this.
  15. Crashfree

Crashfree Active Member

Windows PC
    20x2xkow
    CrashFree
    Thanks.

16. M22

M22 800+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Android
    04ql4o2y (main tablet game) + ao5i9f7 (phone game)
    m22+needed
    I use one every day, except now as game won't even open, of course this is once you have a lot of adventure buildings and therefore a lot of sky captain.

dtaylor1972 likes this.
  17. Navigata07

Navigata07 150+ Star Club Active Member

Android
    04fidhw4
    Navigata07
    So it seems like Sky Captain is just not reliable when it comes to getting drops for collections. However, it may be best if combined with Golden Dice, as many have stated. Is that a correct assumption?

18. M22

M22 800+ Star Club VIP Flyer Active Member

Android
    04ql4o2y (main tablet game) + ao5i9f7 (phone game)
    m22+needed
    Yep and combined with business class and Landing planes for lots of coinage

Navigata07 likes this.