Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Skipping runway 6 and heading straight for 7 instead

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
I been thinking about this and I am going to join you in skipping runway 6. I am halfway through level 30 and have many collections to cash. I will be cashing all but three collections when I hit level 31 to get runway 5.

That's what I forgot to add: I'd suggest to keep collections earlier than I started already to be able to make the waiting between 51 and 71 even shorter.
I got the idea of skipping runway 6 from @Dan and then thought it would be best to store all collections but I was almost at level 46 already by then.

That's what I forgot to add: I'd suggest to keep collections earlier than I started already to be able to make the waiting between 51 and 71 even shorter.
I got the idea of skipping runway 6 from @Dan and then thought it would be best to store all collections but I was almost at level 46 already by then.
I'll try to keep track of it for 20 levels and see what happens. Right now I have 70,000 coins in my collection to cash and should have no problem getting runway 5. I am only 10,000 short and will get that before I get to level 31.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Update:
I've cashed in enough space collections to finally be able to start building my mc3 which will be ready in six days then.
Through cashing them in, I levelled up to level 53 and I still have collections worth 328600 coins and 149351 experience waiting in my treasure chest to be cashed in at level 61.
So far, I rejected 26 planes with 20 experience and 40 coins each, evenly balanced since 13 would have brought 10 passengers each and 13 would have brought 1 barrel of fuel each - plus the additional items that they might have dropped.
I can live with that and will keep adding here as I progress so that others can make their choice a bit better informed than I did.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Phyllo Game Over
Since I quit the game, I'll share my experience as far as I got here:
I reached level 57, was about 3000 points from level 58 before my game crashed and reverted to a state before the event started.
Up to now, I had to reject 327 falcons, 158 with 1 fuel each and 169 with 10 passengers each. Each falcon would also have given me 20 experience and 40 coins.
So I missed 6540 experience, 13.080 coins, 158 units of fuel and 1690 passengers over the course of roughly 10 days. 654 experience, 1308 coins, 16 fuel and 169 passengers per day is not really the world in this game, at least not after level 50.
Even if all falcons would have dropped a perfect piece of the "all flesh is grass" collection, I might have collected 327 / 5 = 65 collections, meaning 65.000 experience and 130.000 coins. We all know this would never happen but if we work with this highest possible gain, it would total in 7154 experience and 14308 coins per day, still not the world when levels require 30.000 or even 50.000 experience points to level up.
On the other hand, I gathered collections worth around 327.000 experience meaning I would have been able to skip 3 levels and until I would have gotten there surely 4, rather 5, so I could have jumped from level 66 right to 71 to finally build my runway 7, meaning I would not have to reject any falcons or condors between level 66 and 71.

To me, it is still the right decision and I would do it again if I would not know of the issues with the management of G$ and would play AC again. Of course it is everybody's choice but when I started this, I said I wanted to do it in part to gather some information based on which future players can make up their minds. Now you got the information as far as I could get it before my game crashed, decide for yourself what seems to be the better choice for you.

volly

150+ Star Club
At first I was going to get the level 6 runway when i got to 51. When i got to 51 i had about 600000 in gold and i knew i had to reject all falcons. I noticed really quickly however is i didn't have many falcons to reject. As Phyllo says above, the math says it all. I used my gold for other things and I'm glad i made the decision to skip the level 6 runway

Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
Robobobo888
Username
Robobobo888
I noticed really quickly however is i didn't have many falcons to reject. As Phyllo says above, the math says it all.
I've discovered as I've gone up in levels that the fraction of planes I have to reject for lack of level 6 runway keeps going up. When I have the daily mission to land 35 planes, it will be typical for me to reject around 15 planes along the way for lack of proper runway.

I have gotten to level 67 with highest runway at level 5. At this point I'd say it makes most sense for me to just hold out until I reach level 71.

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04rnw6mrz
Username
Dan-*item*
If I could do it over I would have skipped level six runway and went straight for seven. I still haven't built runway seven because of the 1.5 million required to do it and another 1.5 mil for a condor. Had I not built level six I would have had half of the coins already for level seven and would have built it already by now. I also would probably have a condor now too and wouldn't have upgraded my control tower as much in order to have the condor.

Device
  1. None of the above
Username
RedFox
I feel no regret to upgrade my runway (think about the following: guest planes give you coins/pass./xp + new collection items). Since this a long term game .... :) use every opportunity to upgrade your "important stuff" soon as possible. Imo :):):)
I'm on the same boat. But not because of coin/pass/xp, but because of fuel and item drops.

Just imagine you want to close the game and do some other stuff, but you need just 2 more fuels to fly that last plane, and incidentally there are 2 guest planes that carry fuel and you can't land them :| and for how many days

Also there are events where you have to get item drops from guest planes such as the rockstar event. If you skip runway Lv6, you can accept 7 out of 10 guest planes. If you don't skip, that's 9 out of 10 guest planes you can land.

Top Bottom