Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Sharing your town's history

I thought it would be interesting and fun if folks could share some pictures of the history of the city/town they live in - 50-100 years ago or so.

Here's a few from Crescent City, where I live.

First car in Crescent city. 1905, a Reo Runabout
First car in Crescent City 1905 Reo Runabout.jpg

4th of July Parade in Crescent City 1915
Crescent city 1915 July 4.jpg

Downtown Crescent City, early 1900s
Crescent City early 1900s.jpg

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil
A couple images from the main city near where I live.

Below: Wagon trains carried early settlers from the east to the western areas. Such a train was photo-graphed in 1865 as it traveled along West State Street, the principal route from Chicago to Galena.
RKFD.gif

Below is a photo of The Greater Rockford before take-off on July 26, 1928, the first flight to depart from the new airport. The plane was painted blue and yellow, the colors of the Swedish flag since the Rockford-Sweden connection was so strong.

RKFD2.gif

Below is a picture of the Nylint Manufacturing Company. Any American boy from the 60's to the 80's would remember the Nylint metal trucks and toys.

RKFD 3.gif

The Holland House below was built in 1854-56 and formally opened to the public on April 28, 1856 with a gala inauguration festival. It was the most elaborate and elegantly appointed hotel of its day, it even included elevators. At the opening over three hundred guests enjoyed supper and heard beautiful music and many speeches. Some of Rockford's greatest parties were held at the Holland House and four to five hundred people would attend these affairs. It was here in 1857 that Col. E. E. Ellsworth, handsome young military leader, was entertained. He was a social lion among the young people of the city. He came to Rockford to be a drill master for the Rockford City Greys. He was destined to be the first commanding officer to be killed in the Civil War. Former President Grant was also a guest at the Holland House and a great banquet was held in his honor.

RKFD 4.gif

Attachments

• RKFD 1.png
    RKFD 1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 102
Here are a few of Manchester, UK

Only being a recent Mancunian, my knowledge is sparse :(

Albion Hotel

albionhotel2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Pub !!
oldpb.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Wellington Pub
old-wellington-pub-printworks.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thC7Q07226.jpg

th.jpg

Regards
Harcourt

Top Bottom