Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Question About Greenies

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
Greetings! I've been accumulating greenies in recent weeks thinking that they would be needed for a possible CBM offer. But, I've now read that gold tokens are needed to buy those & I don't have enough to do that. So, I'd like opinions on what to do with them. I have about 60 collected and can always spend them on land expansion. I have 2 teslas which are more than enough. The wiki isn't the most helpful. Thoughts?

Greetings! I've been accumulating greenies in recent weeks thinking that they would be needed for a possible CBM offer. But, I've now read that gold tokens are needed to buy those & I don't have enough to do that. So, I'd like opinions on what to do with them. I have about 60 collected and can always spend them on land expansion. I have 2 teslas which are more than enough. The wiki isn't the most helpful. Thoughts?
Also need greenies for reserve hangar expansion and item production buldings expansions (flight catering, laundry, sweet factory etc).

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
^^ In addition to what is said above, Golden Dice is also a good item to spend them. But only when you have the fuel and passengers to fly maps. It's good to have a few greenies to spare once you start flying maps.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
This is a thought provoking thread as it made me consider what I actually have spent greens on. I buy more than 1200 greens a year so I generally have had plenty to play with.

I think whilst land is 10 greens in the half price sale you should focus on buying land, and not start using your greens for land until you can no longer buy land for coins. I know they seem like big numbers but it’s worth the patience in the long term.

My next priority would be to add another repair slot to the repair facility and another slot to the reserve hanger, once you get it. I have 3 slots on each including the first free slot and at level 76, with 13 hangers, my biggest plane being Giant, I find that’s more than enough.

After that I would build the fuel refinery that cost greens up to level 2. You should already have bought the one for coins maxed to level 3.

Next I would buy just one stone castle, to help with green launch preps. If stone castles appear in the discount daily offer I would buy more, but I’ve never seen them.

Up to this point I wouldn’t spend greens on anything else and it is at this stage you should consider the Adventure buildings. I spend 4 greens on golden dice every time I do a map run, which is when I’ve maxed out my F20 warehouse storage (assuming you also have the 100 item limit). See the Adventure threads for thoughts on storing and maximising your fuel strategies.

I think you can get to this point without actually buying greens for real money though it will take time. From this stage you can consider the daily sale offers; I tend to buy Telsas and the passenger buildings (Townhouse, Villa etc) but nothing else and obviously you’ll be able to capitalise on these offers more often if you spend real money on buying greens. There’s no wrong decision here, and each of us balances personal affordability against our game goals and reward from playing the game.

Land is the key, and how you use the land you have makes the difference. On the city side aim to have enough passenger buildings to cover your daily needs and fill the rest of the space with coin buildings that match your frequency of play. Be prepared to sell coin buildings to make way for more passenger buildings as needed.

On the Airport side, focus on your space buildings and fuel refineries, but only after the functional buildings like power, flight catering etc.

I hope this helps.

Droidhak

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
0494kqx0
Username
Droidhak
I just made level 79 a few days ago & haven't spent a dime on greenies. I've just been saving them up recently. No, I don't have the 100 limit. I forgot about the greenie fuel refinery. I have 3 reserve hangar slots & may expand that, plus 3 repair slots, which is plenty for me.

Thanks for all your responses! This definitely helps.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
03mzsdlw
Username
Deepgreensea
Ah, I didn’t realise you were at higher level than me. I hope I didn’t come across as patronising, that wasn’t my intention. That’s amazing that you have got so far without spending real money. I’m seriously impressed!

Top Bottom