Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Planning ahead

So having completed the current event and it winding down I am curious people are doing with event items/collections.

I have extra Green Belt, Into the White, and Let It Snow ready to be collected. Is it advisable to not collect these so that they are available next year for this event? The annoying caveat with this for me is I don't like and probably would eventually collect it to get rid of the exclamation mark.

So I interested in people's opinions on gather and keeping supplies of shovels, warming drinks, mistletoe, pine, heather, juniper, thuja, snow globes, etc, etc. For example, if I collect the snow globes are they stored and available to complete the event tasks next year? If I don't collect them will the exclamation mark disappeared when the event ends (and the items)?

In general what's a strategy for being more prepared to complete future iterations of events? I know I've seen people claim rewards for finishing events within hours because the already have card hangars, fighter jets, and other event related items left over from last time.

Thanks!

So having completed the current event and it winding down I am curious people are doing with event items/collections.

I have extra Green Belt, Into the White, and Let It Snow ready to be collected. Is it advisable to not collect these so that they are available next year for this event? The annoying caveat with this for me is I don't like and probably would eventually collect it to get rid of the exclamation mark.

So I interested in people's opinions on gather and keeping supplies of shovels, warming drinks, mistletoe, pine, heather, juniper, thuja, snow globes, etc, etc. For example, if I collect the snow globes are they stored and available to complete the event tasks next year? If I don't collect them will the exclamation mark disappeared when the event ends (and the items)?

In general what's a strategy for being more prepared to complete future iterations of events? I know I've seen people claim rewards for finishing events within hours because the already have card hangars, fighter jets, and other event related items left over from last time.

Thanks!
I save all mine for the next time the event comes along. The exclamation mark stays, but I've gotten used to it, as I have literally thousands of collections not yet collected, mostly launch items. Some people say it makes the events boring if you already have most of what you need, but when you are playing an event on 3 games, every bit helps.

PhactorPhil

600+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
  3. Windows PC
Friend Code
20omhnh9
Username
PhactorPhil

Thanks!

I take a different approach than crescent moon when it comes to the completed collections yet to be collected. I can't stand having those exclamation points on my game, so I always collect them once completed. However, I do tend to keep the collected items in my warehouse until it is time to open or use them.

With respect of supplies of shovels, warming drinks, and collectible items, I continue gathering them because they can be used the next time the event is offered.

I take a different approach than crescent moon when it comes to the completed collections yet to be collected. I can't stand having those exclamation points on my game, so I always collect them once completed. However, I do tend to keep the collected items in my warehouse until it is time to open or use them.

With respect of supplies of shovels, warming drinks, and collectible items, I continue gathering them because they can be used the next time the event is offered.
I can't stand those exclamation marks either!

Thanks!
I don't like the exclamation mark either, but as someone who typically only collects collections when I need to, I have gotten used to them and barely noticeable to me. (meaning they blend in the background for me).

I hold on to all collections, I will have all but 6 collections needed for next time.

This event will not be offered again until 2020. Next Christmas will be Santa's Bad Day, the one with the special hangar, runway, and pax and coin buildings.

I can't stand those exclamation marks either!
I don't like the exclamation mark either, but as someone who typically only collects collections when I need to, I have gotten used to them and barely noticeable to me. (meaning they blend in the background for me).

I hold on to all collections, I will have all but 6 collections needed for next time.

This event will not be offered again until 2020. Next Christmas will be Santa's Bad Day, the one with the special hangar, runway, and pax and coin buildings.
I can't stand the exclamation marks. It drives me nuts!! (Just like numbers showing in the applications on my phone. I have to click them all and have them cleared all.)
But my support accounts have 100 limit and couldn't always collect them all (especially the launch items..) So, I am getting more used to the horrible mark in my supports and running to live with it.
BUT NOT in my main account. I tried a few times, but gave up within a few days. I guess my brain works separately for each games. So, I just collect them all in my main, and leave them as it is in my supports... I know it's strange, but that's the best I could do!

I can't stand the exclamation marks. It drives me nuts!! (Just like numbers showing in the applications on my phone. I have to click them all and have them cleared all.)
But my support accounts have 100 limit and couldn't always collect them all (especially the launch items..) So, I am getting more used to the horrible mark in my supports and running to live with it.
BUT NOT in my main account. I tried a few times, but gave up within a few days. I guess my brain works separately for each games. So, I just collect them all in my main, and leave them as it is in my supports... I know it's strange, but that's the best I could do!
I know how you feel about space launch collections with support accounts. They can accumulate fast.

I too hate exclamation marks. Tried for a day but cant live with it. Makes an event more fun too. Agree about collected buildings, they just sit waiting. Delete the in game ones and next time rebuild. Assuming you dont need items to build that is.

The buildings I try to get twice as many as needed so they are in storage to build next time. Especially pesky ones like snow melting facilities.

Chalk me up as another one who can't deal with the exclamation marks. I tried it, but it became hard to complete on the collections I wanted and ignore the ones I didn't. Where there are special buildings, I usually leave six warehoused for next year, and build/sell the rest. It took a while with the 82 Institutes of Volcanology I acquired in AoA.

Chalk me up as another one who can't deal with the exclamation marks. I tried it, but it became hard to complete on the collections I wanted and ignore the ones I didn't. Where there are special buildings, I usually leave six warehoused for next year, and build/sell the rest. It took a while with the 82 Institutes of Volcanology I acquired in AoA.

Really good point. I just realized I had 5 warehoused snow melting plants and now don’t need pay to warehouse them! Thanks!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
I wouldn't be able to not-collect only certain collections. Now, when I click on the exclamation mark, I immediately scroll to the collection I can gather. But when I don't want to collect that particular collection, I would have to scroll manually to see if there are any collections to be gathered. Especially after visiting friends I don't really pay attention to which collections are full and I just click the exclamation mark until it's gone :p

As for the events, once you reach a certain level, I don't think there stands anything in your way to just finish (nearly) all events from scratch, so imho there is no real need to save on the collections. Ofcourse, items, buildings and planes can just stay in (or be put in) the warehouse after the event, but I haven't come across an event lately where I wasn't able to complete because I didn't have any spare collections (or items / buildings for that matter).

Top Bottom