Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

"Old" Airport City gamer

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
048atjpq
Username
SSEnrich
Not so many introductions here. Most people are forced introductions it seems.

By old I mean 39. My girlfriend says noone else at this age are playing this game. She does not understand the game though. She thinks it is boring as it is just about landing planes and building runways. I have told her it is about money and progress among other things. Get as rich as you can and progress and progress as far as you can.

I have now reached level 41. I have a lot of stars and quite a bit of hearts but I think the game is moving very slow now. The green cash is okay as I spent a fortune to get it up. The "yellow" cash is worse though. I build commercial building after commercial building but not very much happens.

What is bothering me the most is the gift system. I send 20 gifts every day. Sometimes I only get 5 back. I send useful things like horseshoes, fuel, speed accelerators and passengers. Still not so much back. So that is the main reason I come here. To trade things. I need enormous amounts of alcohol (single malt whiskey and cognac) as the duty free has been desolate for a long time. In addition I need spare wire as I don't want to make 200 flights to Rio.

Apart from that, what can I say? Long posts annoy people so I hope people are still reading. I have been playing games on and off since the mid 80's. I remember the time before internet (actually it was better and it worked). Games on a computer are generally better, but I guess I am too lazy to turn on a computer. Apart from gaming I like to travel, listen to EDM music (hopefully make my own), go on hikes and watch a few TV series.

Hope I can learn something here and "do some business"

Gt city

1000+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
  2. iPad
Friend Code
044oubj6
Username
Gt city 5 | Gt city 3
Not so many introductions here. Most people are forced introductions it seems.

By old I mean 39. My girlfriend says noone else at this age are playing this game. She does not understand the game though. She thinks it is boring as it is just about landing planes and building runways. I have told her it is about money and progress among other things. Get as rich as you can and progress and progress as far as you can.

I have now reached level 41. I have a lot of stars and quite a bit of hearts but I think the game is moving very slow now. The green cash is okay as I spent a fortune to get it up. The "yellow" cash is worse though. I build commercial building after commercial building but not very much happens.

What is bothering me the most is the gift system. I send 20 gifts every day. Sometimes I only get 5 back. I send useful things like horseshoes, fuel, speed accelerators and passengers. Still not so much back. So that is the main reason I come here. To trade things. I need enormous amounts of alcohol (single malt whiskey and cognac) as the duty free has been desolate for a long time. In addition I need spare wire as I don't want to make 200 flights to Rio.

Apart from that, what can I say? Long posts annoy people so I hope people are still reading. I have been playing games on and off since the mid 80's. I remember the time before internet (actually it was better and it worked). Games on a computer are generally better, but I guess I am too lazy to turn on a computer. Apart from gaming I like to travel, listen to EDM music (hopefully make my own), go on hikes and watch a few TV series.

Hope I can learn something here and "do some business"
I am sure you will find a lot of very helpful information, that will help you to enjoy the game! (y)
Good luck, pilot! :D

drivefast99

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
awlp2dv
Username
df99
Welcome to the forum. Your girlfriend is wrong - you will find many people on here are older than 39. Yes the game changes around level 35. Leveling up takes longer, everything costs more to build, etc. This is not a game you will complete in a week, it will take years. Plenty of good advise on here if you will read through the threads.

Complete your signature, friend people on this forum and gift with them. Communication is the one piece of this "social" game that is missing. This forum provides that community.

Happy Flying!

df99

Wasted Eagle

1200+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. None of the above
Welcome @SSE

Don't worry, your girlfriend is waaay off! (y) But so are you. :D Commercial buildings, duty free, ... Oh boy, you'll learn quickly should you stick around. ;)
Fact: you'll play this game unbelievably different within a month's time! This forum is the number one spot in the world for AC, should you wonder.

A couple of tips to get you started:
1. Get that signature up!
2. Bye bye non-forum neighbours;
3. Use greens (airport cash) wisely;
4. Passenger buildings;
5. Red 'lunar' launches;
6. Visit lots and lots of planetariums.

Device
  1. Android
I am 39 by id and 17 by the heart.
I have been playing this game and other for years.

As Wasted gave you some tips, I will give you more.
You have the "not really right" direction to play the game.
Check my signature and you can read my spoiler.
What the f duty free items for?
You wont get rich if you focus at the wrong direction.
Remember, you only have 20 gifts everyday and expect the same return.
And Duty Free items as a return is a big NO.

Well I am in my mid 50's and am far from the oldest player here. I too have been gaming a
LONG time meaning since the dawn of video gaming. I started in the early 70's and have not stopped.
Just explain to the GF "just think of all the bad things I could be getting into if not
for the gaming." My wife used to be a bit annoyed by my gaming but has come around after
seeing many contemporaries husbands and BFs get into much worse things and in many
instances destroy said relationship.

As for this game the 20 gift limit is definitely an issue many of us use support accounts to send
extra gifts and in turn get more than 20 in return on a daily basis. I suggest to look at the wiki for
upgrading of future buildings. http://airportcity.wikia.com/wiki/Airport_City_Wiki
You can and should collect items needed for future buildings and flight items. Some flight items
you will need more than a thousand so getting ahead of this will help quite a bit.

As stated get a sig made, you can look at some of them on here to get an idea what you might want
to do. There is no best way just the way that suits your needs and goals. As far as collecting the gold
needed to upgrade those higher level buildings it is advisable to get a red launch pad and mission control
level 3 if you do not already have them. These launches if done often will net you the gold you seek. The
planetariums mentioned several times will yield the items needed to do red launches. These are buildings
that when clicked in your neighbors cities will yield more items than any other building by far.

Finally by reading your post it seems likely you do not have many of any good neighbors. As stated this is mainly
because the main social aspect needed in this game "communication" is not possible with random neighbors.
I would suggest deleting these neighbors and start over with neighbors exclusively from this forum.
In the long run you will not be disappointed with such a move I guarantee that.

So as you can see some of us :whistle: also have a tendency to long posts and babbling on, not always a bad
thing. Though I try to contain myself most of the time. :cool:

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
048atjpq
Username
SSEnrich
Thanks for the welcomes and good advices. I learn day by day and focus now is to get rich, not waste green money and progress fast. I shall try to make a signature sometime. Hopefully within next week. Neighbour gift returns has been good today, but still no 20-20 as it should be. The game is not perfect, but it is still very good. Someone mentioned that the game did not have the social (conversation) side. What I miss is statistics. Flights today, money earned today, average flights per day, total flights and so on. I try read a little here and there but it is just an incredible amount of information to catch up to.

Jon Allen

600+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
TokyoJon2015
Username
TokyoJon2015
Welcome to the forum @SSE
I'm a 50 year old fan of the game here.
I've been playing it for more 2 years. I seem to recall around level 40 was a tough time and it felt a bit tedious and slow to progress , you just need to plough on. My wife hates me playing the game as well. It was so bad she actually confiscated my iPad for a month. (Little did she know I was playing a separate game on my iPhone as well!).
I still can't quite explain why I get such satisfaction out of the game: it is such a pointless distraction after all. And yet I continue to spend a lot of time with it every day and time on the forum and time updating the wiki pages.
There is plenty of good advice available and many neighbours to exchange gifts with here on the forum.
Feel free to send me a neighbour request. I am nowhere near as organized as some players are with their gifting I tend to just send back.
As others have mentioned the duty free shop is one of the least useful buildings in the game so don't worry about those items.

Happy flying

Device
  1. Android
Your girlfriend is wrong - you will find many people on here are older than 39.

Ive played many games where a good percentage of the players are older than 30. Ive even seen a 80 year old play online games.... sadly he died of cancer but he changed that game forever. He proved age doesnt matter its the heart (not physical but mental) that matters.

Top Bottom