Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Official- flight counters do work properly

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
...But again, methinks we fly too fast for the G! servers and most of the time they get confused, but it could be our internet connection that's not reliable.

I can promise you this ain't you, they ie; the 'Support Team' I have come to believe don't even play the game and have no idea of what this means - we all play from all over the world mate and have the same problem I even upgraded due to them criticising my internet to fibre optic - my other games don't have this ever (before or after) thank goodness - ALL bad press is good press (they've deffo got that wrong) if I'd have known what I know now I would've known better. They ban people like me (who's never cheated) then let cheaters come back PROUDLY BOASTING on this Forum about 'World Records' for cheating after just a week! They took away my event collections (plus greenies) and then fix it on the last day of the event, left in Bronze with nowhere to go and no communication from them without just saying three simple words 'I'm very sorry' the mind boggles!

Last edited:

Southoftheborder

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04ve9l34
Username
Southoftheborder
Sorry Ivan, but that is NOT happening. So many times, I'll land an alliance flight, watch the count go up, and then watch it go back down. I have a very stable 60 mb internet connection, so that's not the problem. I may land 6 planes, 4 will count, 2 will not. No rhyme nor reason. I've given up on submitting tickets, as I am always told flights are counting, but when I see the count go up and then right back down, it's obvious they are not.

This is exactly what I saw, and yes I was on stable internet connection. Wifi to fibre cable.

Once I noticed the problem, I was doing it one flight at a time.

Current task list shows 77/78 flights to Macaray completed.
Send flight to Macaray.
Use fuel to speed up flight.
Land plane.
Yellow arrow appears next to alliance task icon signifying change in status
Check alliance task status.
Still at 77/78.

Repeat - same happens

I repeated 4 times in a row exactly the same happened

I know there is a problem - I watched it happen.

Free2Play I'll pm you the ticket number which included screenshots

This is exactly what I saw, and yes I was on stable internet connection. Wifi to fibre cable.

Once I noticed the problem, I was doing it one flight at a time.

Current task list shows 77/78 flights to Macaray completed.
Send flight to Macaray.
Use fuel to speed up flight.
Land plane.
Yellow arrow appears next to alliance task icon signifying change in status
Check alliance task status.
Still at 77/78.

Repeat - same happens

I repeated 4 times in a row exactly the same happened

I know there is a problem - I watched it happen.

Free2Play I'll pm you the ticket number which included screenshots
Don’t act too fast :) I saw this quite many times: my planes land, but the counter recognizes only few of them (in most cases even all but one). I ignore this and check 1 hour later and voilà - counter is already correct.
Can’t say why does it happen but really this damn counter :D comes alive from itself.

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
We've done some 'on the fly' changes that should improve things. And we'll look out for ways to further minimize the lag between the flights being completed and the counter being updated.

They ban people like me (who's never cheated) then let cheaters come back PROUDLY BOASTING on this Forum about 'World Records' for cheating after just a week!

I have to kindly remind you that's a community run by fans of the game, not an official Facebook page run by our community manager and few moderators that help us. Anyone can boast here about anything, or trash the developers on a daily basis with no consequences other than posts by other community members.

As of now, the ratings are as clean from all kinds of cheating players as they never were previously. There is room for further improvement, and as always anyone can help us by reporting suspicious activity through the support team.

LjGibbs

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
We've done some 'on the fly' changes that should improve things. And we'll look out for ways to further minimize the lag between the flights being completed and the counter being updated.

I have to kindly remind you that's a community run by fans of the game, not an official Facebook page run by our community manager and few moderators that help us. Anyone can boast here about anything, or trash the developers on a daily basis with no consequences other than posts by other community members.

As of now, the ratings are as clean from all kinds of cheating players as they never were previously. There is room for further improvement, and as always anyone can help us by reporting suspicious activity through the support team.

I'm not on FB so don't know what goes on there. But it greatly annoys me, although it shouldn't (as it probably does you) to see such post's. I agree, nothing can be done about it.
I've reported in the past suspicious activity through support and didn't get anywere.
Well done on the work you've been doing as a developer to try stop this and thanks for taking the time to come on here and keeping us in the loop, much appreciated.

And we'll look out for ways to further minimize the lag between the flights being completed and the counter being updated.
I'll be looking out for further counter efficiencies. Today I was completing my alliance task and landed the last 6 planes and only 2 counted so I flew another 2 and looked at the counter again and the task was completed so the lag meant that I had flown the extra flights for no reason other than that the server counter was slow to catch up with my game. This has happened all week and also there is often a discrepancy between the alliance tab and my own alliance flights task tab.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
All the players in my alliance decided to simply not bother worrying about alliance flights this week. There's just too much time and effort involved trying to reach the goals and then to have our legs cut out from under us in the last few hours of the week. If the problem was lag, then it was over 3 hours of lag and the alliance week ended. Some of them were ready to delete the game and find something else but I suggested we just take it easy this week.

I got the same canned message as others in response to my support contact. Then the robot asked if they'd answered all my questions. I had to answer yes, they had provided answers, however I added a comment about how the answers were wrong. As if anyone cared.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
Sadly, the lack of the alliance first class bonus this week makes the helicopter flights far less worthwhile. In turn that makes completing the daily tasks far more tedious, as I usually need helicopters to meet the flights sent, completed, or sped up requirements. Airline flights are also less profitable and the game slows down. I wonder if GI has ever heard of a proverb or poem called "For Want of a Nail". One version goes:

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost,
For want of a shoe, the horse was lost,
For want of a horse, the rider was lost,
For want of a rider, the message was lost,
For want of a message, the battle was lost,
For want of a battle, the war was lost,
For want of a war, the kingdom was lost,
For want of a nail, the world was lost
'The Want of a Nail"
– T. Rundgren

Arggers

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
272ehvl7
Username
Arggers
All the players in my alliance decided to simply not bother worrying about alliance flights this week. There's just too much time and effort involved trying to reach the goals and then to have our legs cut out from under us in the last few hours of the week. If the problem was lag, then it was over 3 hours of lag and the alliance week ended. Some of them were ready to delete the game and find something else but I suggested we just take it easy this week.

I got the same canned message as others in response to my support contact. Then the robot asked if they'd answered all my questions. I had to answer yes, they had provided answers, however I added a comment about how the answers were wrong. As if anyone cared.
@Southoftheborder we spoke about this once upon a time - having a week off until things are sorted...
Glad to see it's not just us!

As far as we know at this point based on what our engineers tell us, occasional glitches are to be expected until the end of the week at least, because new system was introduced with a mid week update, and it will be fully operational starting with next week.

I’m assuming this issue then has more with how the flight is writing and committing to a database To track the counts? That would seem consistent with what I’ve seen in terms of the counting

I hope this does it for the sake of the people it’s really affecting. I guess I don’t pay a ton of attnetion to it because I’ve got a good balance for alliance, passenger count and other aspects of the game

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
Teraph
Still happening! I have a turboprop alliance flight to Winnipeg sitting at 79 out of 80 since this morning. Within the last hour, I landed another flight from Winnipeg and saw the arrow pointing at the alliance icon. When I opened the alliance page, I saw the counter drop back from 80 to 79 again.

At least this week, I had not invested any extra time or effort into the alliance flights. Probably wont next week either because the problem obviously still exists.

My condor alliance flight quit counting Thursday night/Friday morning. I quit flying to the alliance destination and just started flying for stars and passengers. Tried one more time with instant return this morning to see if it would count - no joy - still sitting at 34. I've lost 11 Condor flights this week. (yes, I'm a slow learner :LOL::LOL::LOL:) Hoping the new update will fix this, but I don't have a lot of faith.

Top Bottom