Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

New problem to look forward to

Facebook players now can keep unclaimed gifts only 14 days, then they will disappear. Guessing it probably will come to mobile players in the future. :(:(:( So those folks with the 100 item limit, who count on using their unclaimed gifts to store items, may be out of luck.

Hoping it's only for facebook, but that's how the 100 item limit started, too.

Per AC facebook: "Why did we do it? Long lists of unclaimed incoming gifts negatively affected game stability and increased loading time"

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, if they get rid of the item limit they wouldn't have that problem.
Beat me to it. I'm still waiting on the reason why the 100 item limit was imposed in the first place. To this day, nobody from GI can give a legit answer. I was told by "Mary" that the limit encouraged users to use the items instead of store them. I replied to her that we save them for use later....not to hoard just for fun. I don't think they are in tune with how the game is played. They either need to give tasks that don't require hoarding items and fuel, or allow us to save items to handle tasks as they are now. GI better tread carefully with this area, as they could end up losing a lot of players

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
For my information, how can you store unclaimed gifts? Can u still receive another gift from a user if you didn't accept his first gift?
Aye. That's how the "new generation" of players have been able to get by. If they restrict the limit to 2 weeks, then you still have a restriction in terms of time limit to use your items. It's just an unnecessary hassle

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It seems to be a problem with facebook AC loading, hoping they won't do it to mobile players (ios, android and windows), unless, of course, they want to "balance" the playing field.
Well there is even a simpler solution than a 2 week limit. If we can figure it out, then one would hope they would too :rolleyes:

It seems to be a problem with facebook AC loading, hoping they won't do it to mobile players (ios, android and windows), unless, of course, they want to "balance" the playing field.
If they want to truly balance the game, they need to imply 100 limit to all players including old players. (I'm sorry to say it but it makes more sense than having limit to new players only. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the limit on my main account.)
But I am sure GI won't do this since this will make huge number of people quit the game, meaning no money for them!
So, their excuse on 100 limit is so lame.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
If they want to truly balance the game, they need to imply 100 limit to all players including old players. (I'm sorry to say it but it makes more sense than having limit to new players only. Don't get me wrong, I don't have the limit on my main account.)
But I am sure GI won't do this since this will make huge number of people quit the game, meaning no money for them!
So, their excuse on 100 limit is so lame.
They impose that limit, and Im out. It would ruin the core of how the game is played. With no core, there is no life.

I read this 2 weeks limit for facebook user only , not affect to mobile player .
Yes, at this point, facebook players only. That's pretty much what they said about the 100 item limit, too. I think facebook players had that for a number of months, then they started imposing it on new mobile players. But I hope you're right, and it won't affect IOS, android & windows games!!!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I don't think they will be that stupid ;)
They already stunted their own growth by imposing it on newer players, so I wouldn't put it past them. I actually had an idea of doing a form of protest, but it would only work if hundreds of players did it

They already stunted their own growth by imposing it on newer players, so I wouldn't put it past them. I actually had an idea of doing a form of protest, but it would only work if hundreds of players did it
I read somewhere that the number of players doesn't mean that much for the online game providers. What matters is those who spend a lot in game. As long as they keep these people happy, it doesn't make any difference for them whether they lose nee players or not.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I read somewhere that the number of players doesn't mean that much for the online game providers. What matters is those who spend a lot in game. As long as they keep these people happy, it doesn't make any difference for them whether they lose nee players or not.
Well I do have to spend money from time to time....so they better not play that :shifty:

Top Bottom