Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

My laptop is dying

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20n1f6qk
Username
Air17
Charging doesn't work randomly. I already ordered another Ac adapter from Amazon. If the new adapter cannot fix the charging problem, it is time to shop for a new laptop. I am considering moving the game to my Android tablet. Actually, I am considering to move anything not work related to Android tablet. If so, I am going to lose all my neighbors. Sad. Sad. Sad. Hopefully, the adapter can solve the charging problem.

Kendra

500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
047yjzfv
Username
Kendra
It's funny to read this as I am having this exact same problem with my laptop. Suddenly after 3 years, the original adapter is no longer working. When it's plugged in it says plugged in, not charging. Basically i just can't unplug it or I lose charge. I'll be curious to here if your new charger you ordered works. Let me know!

Guys with my small experience with PC and lap top dont ever connect the adapter to the lap top and start on when the battery there you need to remove the battery from the lap top if you decide to use the lap top with the adapter.
If you keep the batter and connect the adapter should be the lap top switch off and charging the battery.
Most of my friends and people i repair for them the laptop they are using laptop and connect the adapter when the battery fixed there
this will make the life for the battery short.
After that the charging will gone very fast less than 1 hour.
The most important thing is when you connect the adapter to the laptop and remove the battery the laptop will not work any more you have to put the old battery again.
When you buy new laptop and want to use it at home after charging the battery full always remove it from the laptop and connect the adapter and start your new laptop.

Device
  1. iPhone
Username
nohsi
Charging doesn't work randomly. I already ordered another Ac adapter from Amazon. If the new adapter cannot fix the charging problem, it is time to shop for a new laptop. I am considering moving the game to my Android tablet. Actually, I am considering to move anything not work related to Android tablet. If so, I am going to lose all my neighbors. Sad. Sad. Sad. Hopefully, the adapter can solve the charging problem.

Well to be honest, i would have checked following before ordering a new part:
Note: before the actions turn off the laptop completely

- remove the battery from the laptop/notebook and plug in the AC adapter and try to turn on the machine -> this will let you know two things:
a. Adapter is not working -> ask around if some of your friends may borrow it for another test or ask in a shop if the can borrow you one (this option does not cost anything yet)
b. The socket on the motherboard for charging the battery is broken (well a motherboard replacement for a notebook costs usually more then a new hardware/notebook)

If option A does not work -> check option B. If both fail, well then it will be the problem of option B. -> Notebook replacement
If A works and B also work -> then you have a battery problem and not a problem with the adapter itself.

Hope i could help.

Last edited:
Well to be honest, i would have checked following before ordering a new part:
Note: before the actions turn off the laptop completely

- remove the battery from the laptop/notebook and plug in the AC adapter and try to turn on the machine -> this will let you know two things:
a. Adapter is not working -> ask around if some of your friends may borrow it for another test or ask in a shop if the can borrow you one (this option does not cost anything yet)
b. The socket on the motherboard for charging the battery is broken (well a motherboard replacement for a notebook costs usually more then a new hardware/notebook)

If option A does not work -> check option B. If both fail, well then it will be the problem of option B. -> Notebook replacement
If A works and B also work -> then you have a battery problem and not a problem with the adapter itself.

Hope i could help.
I had this problem and found a computer technician, repair man, who de-soldered the broken jack and re-soldered a new one. No replacement of motherboard!

D

Deleted member 5399

I bought my Toshiba Qosmio back in 2014 I think and just now had to replace the old adapter with a new one. Not because of it failing to charge but even with a 4 prong jack, eventually the holes tend to egg out and it falls from the socket.
Got my new adapter today, plugged in, back up and running.
Now if only the fixes were that easy with Spectrum TV/internet. Ever since TWC was overtaken by Spectrum, lol I have had a WIDE spectrum of issues; most stemming from internet connectivity.
Again today reset modem, reset network settings, restart computer.
Most of my posts today were via my lol android phone.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20n1f6qk
Username
Air17
It's funny to read this as I am having this exact same problem with my laptop. Suddenly after 3 years, the original adapter is no longer working. When it's plugged in it says plugged in, not charging. Basically i just can't unplug it or I lose charge. I'll be curious to here if your new charger you ordered works. Let me know!
I received my new charger yesterday. The first day is good. Every time I plugged it in, it charged my laptop. I will test it for one week.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20n1f6qk
Username
Air17
Guys with my small experience with PC and lap top dont ever connect the adapter to the lap top and start on when the battery there you need to remove the battery from the lap top if you decide to use the lap top with the adapter.
If you keep the batter and connect the adapter should be the lap top switch off and charging the battery.
Most of my friends and people i repair for them the laptop they are using laptop and connect the adapter when the battery fixed there
this will make the life for the battery short.
After that the charging will gone very fast less than 1 hour.
The most important thing is when you connect the adapter to the laptop and remove the battery the laptop will not work any more you have to put the old battery again.
When you buy new laptop and want to use it at home after charging the battery full always remove it from the laptop and connect the adapter and start your new laptop.
I used to remove battery from laptop while using a home. Then the new slim laptop I have now, Lenovo Yoga 700, hides the battery under the back cover. It is a pain to do that every time.

Top Bottom