Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

My Fountain Pen And I - A Life Very Well Lived

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A few more hand written letters were posted this week to old friends, living around the country side, having first enjoyed lunch each time, of course. Lunch first, letters second. Must have your priorities in order.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have been somewhat lazy and have not cleaned my fountain pens for sometime now. This really should be done every so often. So, today I have set aside some time to clean them. The process involves taking the pens apart and cleaning them, to ensure a long life for my fountain pens.

I will of course need to have a long lunch to recover from the exhausting experience, alcohol will most likely be included with the food.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A birthday card and letter to write today, will select a suitable fountain pen and sit outside in the garden, under some shade. Far too hot to sit in direct sunlight. Then late lunch, after the first of todays live World Cup games - what a wonderful life being retired.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
@Captain WH Rollins i was thinking about this thread yesterday. We are in Naples, Florida and there’s a stationer here that sells a range of fountain pens. It’s actually right next store to an English furniture shop and tea garden as well.

Some of our malls in the US sell stuff like this but this appeared to be a very boutique shop. Don’t see many of these around anymore

There are a good selection of these shops still to be found, more around the UK, than in London (selling stylish clothes, jewelry and other luxury goods) but certainly not as many as once before. Many in London have closed down because of not enough business, too much competition, people not having the money to buy luxury goods, shops being forced to relocate because of increases in London leases etc.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
These past two weeks has proved to be quite busy with a number of birthday cards and letters written to old friends around the country. It is time consuming but very much worth it. Something very special about a hand written letter, more so with a fountain pen.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
It does not seem so long ago since I last steam cleaned a batch of fountain pens. The process involves taking the pens apart and cleaning them, to ensure a long life. Not too difficult, but time consuming a process. I will set aside some time tomorrow, late afternoon and early evening.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The month of September will be a busy month for the writing of letters and birthday cards, just hope the Post Office does their job, and the letters and birthday cards reach their intended destinations. It has not always been so, in the past posted items have not always reached people.in time, or reached them at all.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A month has now past and cleaning time has come round once again, I clean my fountain pens in batches. The process involves taking the pens apart and steam cleaning them, not a very difficult task, but time consuming a process, and quite neccessary. I will make a start this afternoon.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
There are so many pleasing sounds in life. The sound a fountain pen nib makes when writing on paper, the sound of a cork being pulled out of a wine bottle, the sound of crushed ice clinking in a martini glass, the sound snooker balls make when striking each other, the sound of breakfast in the morning. All these, and much more besides, are very familiar and pleasant sounds, which add richness to life's enjoyment.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have run out of ink cartridges, for some of my fountain pens, not really like me to allow this to happen. Normally I stock a healthy supply of them, not too difficult to order more. The pre-filled ink cartridges are standard and universal. Fortunately, I do have other pens which fill straight from the ink-jar. Always found this process a little tricky.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Following lunch this afternoon I made a detour (sound like an episode from The Twilight Zone, signpost up ahead, marked Home Office Stationery Shop) and purchased a batch of ink-filled cartridges. It is a good thing I remembered to do so, could easily have returned home empty handed, although my stomach would have been full of satisfying food and drink.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A few letters to write this week, having received letters from friends far and wide. A hand written letter is far more personal and meaningful than an email or text, it is my preferred choice of communication. Having said that, I have been known to send a email where speed of reply was urgent. I find a fountain pen far more enjoyable to use than a plastic keyboard.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Have been meaning to make a start with the writing of Christmas cards during this period to family and friends. Will do this from today, and post them from next week. Fingers crossed, they are not lost, roughly 1,000,000 items of post go missing in a year.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
The Christmas period saw a considerable amount of fountain pen use, with Christmas cards, New Year cards and letters written and posted to family and friends far and wide. There is something very special about a hand written card, the personal touch. They do take time to write, but it is well worth it in the long run, and very much appreciated by those who receive them.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
I have been incredably lazy once again, and have not cleaned the fountain pens, I have been using, these past few months. I will need to set aside some time, during this week to steam clean them. The process is somewhat long winded, but I do not mind. It is important to ensure a long life for my fountain pens.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Things have been quiet these past few months, with only a moderate amount of fountain pen use e.g. a few letters to friends and some birthday cards. I will need to set aside some time to steam clean my pens. As I have mentioned before, the process is somewhat long winded, but It is important to ensure a long life for my fountain pens.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
A letter and birthday card to write today, then off to the Post Office. Will sit outside in the garden, on this warm and sunny morning, under some shade, while doing this. Then, early lunch, followed by some frames of Snooker, and an afternoon nap, in readyness for cocktail hour this evening.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Captain WH Rollins

150+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Guide Writer
Wiki Editor
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Captain WH Rollins
Two birthday cards to write duriing today, and then to be posted tomorrow morning 1st class. Fingers crossed they will both be delivered to there destination addresses. My experience of the postal service, over the years, have not always been great. Not so good to receive your birthday card, after you have had your birthday.

Regards
Captain WH Rollins

Top Bottom