Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Maybe dice is not working!

@Bob69bob do you think a SC+Dice combination would hurt the drop percentages?
Well, my answer might differ from what Rob would say but:
I try to save the fuel for adventure, QL and alliance flights where I really need it.
For maps (i.e. flying to adventure destinations) I do another trick - I send all my planes to some destination either in the evening or first flight in the morning, then once they arrive and before collecting the drops I activate Dice, tap on the arrived planes, send them back to the same destinations and use one Catalyst per plane to make them arriving once again within the duration of the Dice. So I can fly in my case 26 flights with a single Dice. To collect 2 to 3 maps per destination it usually is enough to fly between 3 and 5 waves (78 to 130 flights). I open the maps chests once I collect at least 5-10 of them.
In this case for only 26 flights it is not worth to activate SC. Activating Dice for flight items I've done very rarely so can't remember anything about the drop rates (indeed, it just pops up in my mind - when I recently few blue cards destinations, as usual with SC and GD I needed few more from both Spare Wire and Additional Radar, so I activated Dice on top on the above two bonuses and sent my Jets to Canary Islands or Rio - the drop rate was nearly 100% or at least 4 drops from five simultaneously landing planes).

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well, my answer might differ from what Rob would say but:
I try to save the fuel for adventure, QL and alliance flights where I really need it.
For maps (i.e. flying to adventure destinations) I do another trick - I send all my planes to some destination either in the evening or first flight in the morning, then once they arrive and before collecting the drops I activate Dice, tap on the arrived planes, send them back to the same destinations and use one Catalyst per plane to make them arriving once again within the duration of the Dice. So I can fly in my case 26 flights with a single Dice. To collect 2 to 3 maps per destination it usually is enough to fly between 3 and 5 waves (78 to 130 flights). I open the maps chests once I collect at least 5-10 of them.
In this case for only 26 flights it is not worth to activate SC. Activating Dice for flight items I've done very rarely so can't remember anything about the drop rates (indeed, it just pops up in my mind - when I recently few blue cards destinations, as usual with SC and GD I needed few more from both Spare Wire and Additional Radar, so I activated Dice on top on the above two bonuses and sent my Jets to Canary Islands or Rio - the drop rate was nearly 100% or at least 4 drops from five simultaneously landing planes).
I don't mind burning fuel for it, but only f20, since the fuel rings can easily replenish. Any other fuel is for maps only

I don't mind burning fuel for it, but only f20, since the fuel rings can easily replenish. Any other fuel is for maps only
It’s good to get all the different methods used and compare what’s best for you. @Pit1024 and I have discussed a lot of our routines and compared notes along the way. I think it’s been quite handy for both of us because our games are so close in development.
Using fuel works for me because I don’t have the patience and find it more difficult to know exactly where I’ll be and what I’ll be doing in, for example, 6.5 hrs. Pit’s routines are far more efficient than mine. I’m guessing that he (as would I if I had 13 flights on a schedule) has a timer/alarm set to ensure the aircraft get their fuel cats.
In answer to your question, I don’t think Sky Captain has an negative effect on any other bonus being used. How much better it is combined? Not sure about that either, but I do believe it is better. As Pit suggested above, are you getting value from the SC? Remember it’s active for 24 hrs so you want to maximise its use. For early adventure map gathering, SCs don’t come along that often. Having said all that, what are you going to do with them if not the maps?? I like them for that role and having picked up 36 in a day recently, I don’t mind splurging on one or two a week now. I would definitely use it for adventure maps because I want to try and 3 star each destination using 2-3 maps (If I have the fuel, let’s say 1 map :LOL::eek:).

The excavation maps (Dice, not GD) I’m a bit more sporadic with. I will have a burst session at some stage, but I don’t mind sending flights off randomly in singles or 2 aircraft launches during quiet times or between other activities. Sometimes it’ll be a ratio of 30 random ex.map flights over a few weeks and when I’m ready, smash the rest (~70-80) in a big push session. For that reason, I probably didn’t use SC very often with Dice so I can remeber how good (or not so good) the combo was.

The routine of sending out bulk flights overnight and using the bonus just prior to tapping as they land is a great way of maximising your resources. One little tidbit I haven’t heard mentioned for quite awhile in the forums, is past observations that sometimes when you’ve just activated a bonus (or even a few at once), the first few aircraft that are tapped seem to not be affected by the bonuses at all. It has been suggested that if you try and tap too soon after activating bonuses, the game may not have registered that the odds should now be better and that probably takes a moment for the bonus engagement to take affect. Is there any evidence? Not that I’ve seen, but my early drop rates have been poor enough at times that I’ll either wait a minute or (more likely) force a game save prior to tapping so all of the in game coding/messaging has caught up with itself (I’m 20 hrs awake and knackered so I hope that all makes sense :p).

I’m guessing that he (as would I if I had 13 flights on a schedule) has a timer/alarm set to ensure the aircraft get their fuel cats.
Sure, alarm clock is set and running immediately after I send out the second wave of planes :)
Something else worth to be mentioned: if you have an active GD+SC, fly the last three heli’s destinations - first two will give you 1x1 pax buildings for each 5 collections and third (the very last one) - pax booster with range 3, good for your booster square.
Once your GD expires, continue to fly as many as possible flights to the last heli destination (Mont Blanc) as each flight will earn 8,000 coins. So having 8 helipads lvl3 will allow you to earn 64,000 coins each 3:40 hours.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
It’s good to get all the different methods used and compare what’s best for you. @Pit1024 and I have discussed a lot of our routines and compared notes along the way. I think it’s been quite handy for both of us because our games are so close in development.
Using fuel works for me because I don’t have the patience and find it more difficult to know exactly where I’ll be and what I’ll be doing in, for example, 6.5 hrs. Pit’s routines are far more efficient than mine. I’m guessing that he (as would I if I had 13 flights on a schedule) has a timer/alarm set to ensure the aircraft get their fuel cats.
In answer to your question, I don’t think Sky Captain has an negative effect on any other bonus being used. How much better it is combined? Not sure about that either, but I do believe it is better. As Pit suggested above, are you getting value from the SC? Remember it’s active for 24 hrs so you want to maximise its use. For early adventure map gathering, SCs don’t come along that often. Having said all that, what are you going to do with them if not the maps?? I like them for that role and having picked up 36 in a day recently, I don’t mind splurging on one or two a week now. I would definitely use it for adventure maps because I want to try and 3 star each destination using 2-3 maps (If I have the fuel, let’s say 1 map :LOL::eek:).

The excavation maps (Dice, not GD) I’m a bit more sporadic with. I will have a burst session at some stage, but I don’t mind sending flights off randomly in singles or 2 aircraft launches during quiet times or between other activities. Sometimes it’ll be a ratio of 30 random ex.map flights over a few weeks and when I’m ready, smash the rest (~70-80) in a big push session. For that reason, I probably didn’t use SC very often with Dice so I can remeber how good (or not so good) the combo was.

The routine of sending out bulk flights overnight and using the bonus just prior to tapping as they land is a great way of maximising your resources. One little tidbit I haven’t heard mentioned for quite awhile in the forums, is past observations that sometimes when you’ve just activated a bonus (or even a few at once), the first few aircraft that are tapped seem to not be affected by the bonuses at all. It has been suggested that if you try and tap too soon after activating bonuses, the game may not have registered that the odds should now be better and that probably takes a moment for the bonus engagement to take affect. Is there any evidence? Not that I’ve seen, but my early drop rates have been poor enough at times that I’ll either wait a minute or (more likely) force a game save prior to tapping so all of the in game coding/messaging has caught up with itself (I’m 20 hrs awake and knackered so I hope that all makes sense :p).
I could do random runs, but I would rather get my remaining maps in one go, so that I can focus on flying maps. I already have some of them....just need to fill on the rest

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
Would it be possible to put what you (@Wasted Eagle and @Bob69bob) said in a guide ?
@Husam what do you think about that ?

How about a chart ? I'd appreciate people verifying it or marking it up. I'm not sure the exact extent of the Sky Captain bonus effects, and I'm curious about what the Lucky Horseshoe is supposed to do - every time I've tried it, I haven't noticed anything, other than the tiny countdown of 20 flights that it supposedly helped.

BonusesTry2-061918.png

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
How about a chart ? I'd appreciate people verifying it or marking it up. I'm not sure the exact extent of the Sky Captain bonus effects, and I'm curious about what the Lucky Horseshoe is supposed to do - every time I've tried it, I haven't noticed anything, other than the tiny countdown of 20 flights that it supposedly helped.

View attachment 13722
I dont think spyglass works on neighbor visits, as the bonus only applies to flights

Dafsade

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
PM me :)
Username
dafsade

View attachment 13722

How about a chart ? ? it is just perfect ! much better than I wanted !

View attachment 13722
Spy Glass works for events only, so columns 2 and 3 should be X'ed.
Lucky Horseshoe is special bonus obtainable during events only, general bonus should be called Wind Charm and both bonuses are weather related, I believe - they increase the chance of experiencing a positive weather event in your flight. So they are not to be listed in this table, I'd say?

Jan0987

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03b27s4r
Username
Jan-
Spy Glass works for events only, so columns 2 and 3 should be X'ed.
Lucky Horseshoe is special bonus obtainable during events only, general bonus should be called Wind Charm and both bonuses are weather related, I believe - they increase the chance of experiencing a positive weather event in your flight. So they are not to be listed in this table, I'd say?
Thanks for both those clarifications. I'll fix that when I post the next revision.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna

View attachment 13722

Can anybody help?
I don't do events, but with the items I collect (drumsticks now) I buy 1 time Lucky Horseshoe and 1 time Pilot's manuel. I just don't know when to activated these bonuses.
I activate Pilot's Manuel before I start clicking on planes that arrived, so I get more experience points, but I'm not sure when to activate Lucky Horseshoe. It's active for 4h. Does the bonus count for planes that you send out during the bonus, or only the planes that arrive during the bonus?

Can anybody help?
I don't do events, but with the items I collect (drumsticks now) I buy 1 time Lucky Horseshoe and 1 time Pilot's manuel. I just don't know when to activated these bonuses.
I activate Pilot's Manuel before I start clicking on planes that arrived, so I get more experience points, but I'm not sure when to activate Lucky Horseshoe. It's active for 4h. Does the bonus count for planes that you send out during the bonus, or only the planes that arrive during the bonus?
1) Both bonuses are being activated at the time of purchase - so be careful, you can't buy them and put in your warehouse, you only can buy them and start using them straight
2) Fortunate event in flight refers to weather related event, so it applies only to departing (sent) flights - for the first 20 flights in next 4 hrs you will have better chance of "good" weather event.

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20r5xip4
Username
Ekenna
1) Both bonuses are being activated at the time of purchase - so be careful, you can't buy them and put in your warehouse, you only can buy them and start using them straight
2) Fortunate event in flight refers to weather related event, so it applies only to departing (sent) flights - for the first 20 flights in next 4 hrs you will have better chance of "good" weather event.

Thanks! I knew that the bonus was immediatly active. So it's still beter to activate the bonus first, before I click on hangars of plans that arrived, right?
And because I don't play for rankings, or for all my planes in the air, I don't care about weather or planes breaking down. I just don't send a plane when there is bad weather. So using Lucky Horseshoe is useless for me? I thought I would get more items (for quests) from the flights.

Thanks! I knew that the bonus was immediatly active. So it's still beter to activate the bonus first, before I click on hangars of plans that arrived, right?
And because I don't play for rankings, or for all my planes in the air, I don't care about weather or planes breaking down. I just don't send a plane when there is bad weather. So using Lucky Horseshoe is useless for me? I thought I would get more items (for quests) from the flights.
In this case you'll need the 4th bonus, Bowl or Riches.
And yes, you need to purchase (= activate) the Pilot's Manual before you tap on the arriving planes.

Top Bottom