Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

General Launch Ready Boxes

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
What's your strategy to optimize the number of launch ready boxes you get? Obviously there is a trade-off in the number of launch ready boxes versus launch items, but let's say you are only concerned with getting those PEB's and MS's, what would be your main strategy and how many do you think is a feasible amount per day (or per week)?

So you can’t affect what’s in the boxes - some people reckon you can by saving and opening them all at once, but that looks like a fallacy according to the numbers Teboho has put together.

Given that the boxes come from completing the collections, the only ways to get them that I’m aware of are flying to space destinations, and neighbour visits.

I visit 12 neighbours with 5+ planetariums each day and normally get a few completed collections, sometimes one, sometimes 10, but 4/5 is probably average.

Destinations wise, cape canaveral, baikkonur, north and south observatories all yield decent returns and are quite short flights. Jiaquin and Pletsk both drop red launch collections, but I’ve never really rated Jiaquin for the time/return ratio.

If you have the “a friend in need” bonus, you get 10 clicks per neighbour visit for a week, not just five, so that will improve your rate.

Finally, the Rocket Garden, Space Travel Monument and Alien Legacy all give you a drop each day. Logic dictates that you should average 3 boxes per day if you have six of each, but they take a while to collect!

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04gdf349
Username
ArGi1981
So you can’t affect what’s in the boxes
Agreed. That's why the question was to optimize the numbers, not the outcome :)

Given that the boxes come from completing the collections, the only ways to get them that I’m aware of are flying to space destinations, and neighbour visits.
Yep. Agreed.

I visit 12 neighbours with 5+ planetariums each day and normally get a few completed collections, sometimes one, sometimes 10, but 4/5 is probably average.
I do that too, but mostly for getting the launch items (i.e., the items to start a green/blue/red launch). I'm pretty sure the planetariums are not the optimal place to visit once you're not interested in the launch items themselves but only care about the launch boxes, i.e., you don't mind getting any of the red, blue or green items but just care about the numbers. Curious to know if anyone did the math on neighbor-visits regarding launch boxes. For instance, the planetariums will give you a "very seldom" rate on 20 possible items. Are there any visits that will give you either a higher rate or an equal rate on a higher number of possible items (or even better: a combination of both)? Didn't check myself, that's why I'm asking :p

Destinations wise, cape canaveral, baikkonur, north and south observatories all yield decent returns and are quite short flights. Jiaquin and Pletsk both drop red launch collections, but I’ve never really rated Jiaquin for the time/return ratio.
Would be nice to get a "drop-per-hour"-ratio of some sort for those destinations :)

I'm not raising an issue here of some sort, just asking about the strategies to optimize the launch boxes :)

Agreed. That's why the question was to optimize the numbers, not the outcome :)

Yep. Agreed.

I do that too, but mostly for getting the launch items (i.e., the items to start a green/blue/red launch). I'm pretty sure the planetariums are not the optimal place to visit once you're not interested in the launch items themselves but only care about the launch boxes, i.e., you don't mind getting any of the red, blue or green items but just care about the numbers. Curious to know if anyone did the math on neighbor-visits regarding launch boxes. For instance, the planetariums will give you a "very seldom" rate on 20 possible items. Are there any visits that will give you either a higher rate or an equal rate on a higher number of possible items (or even better: a combination of both)? Didn't check myself, that's why I'm asking :p

Would be nice to get a "drop-per-hour"-ratio of some sort for those destinations :)

I'm not raising an issue here of some sort, just asking about the strategies to optimize the launch boxes :)
If you dont care about what collections they are, try just clicking on cosmic fuel stations on neighbor visits. They "seem" to drop more items, at least that's my perception.

Top Bottom