Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Launch Ready Boxes Rant!

As in a case of dangling a carrot in the face of a donkey! :mad::mad::(
This is how I feel right now!

How is it possible that I opened 30 launch ready boxes and not even a single PEB? How is that even possible? I spread the Openings throughout the day and not even one...??:mad:

I really feel like I've been chasing a mirage!$@#'@$*¿ & $@%*@$¿?¡!G! :mad::mad::mad::confused:

End of a rant...

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Supernovas/Chanel Royal Air Alliance
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
As in a case of dangling a carrot in the face of a donkey! :mad::mad::(
This is how I feel right now!

How is it possible that I opened 30 launch ready boxes and not even a single PEB? How is that even possible? I spread the Openings throughout the day and not even one...??:mad:

I really feel like I've been chasing a mirage!$@#'@$*¿ & $@%*@$¿?¡!:mad::mad::mad::confused:

End of a rant...
Ah a very interesting topic, and one that many players have had throughout the years. There are a few players who have done experiments on this very same thing. Everyone have their own theory and techniques for collecting from launch ready boxes. Most people build up their stores and just collect in one swoop, but here is what I do.
1) Collect from the boxes until you get 2 common items in a row. After that, stop collecting for a few hours and try again
2)If you receive a good item, reset the count
3)If I get a small fuel tank at the 2nd attempt, I collect one more to see if a good item will show up

It seems to work for me. I dont get PEBs more than anyone else, but I dont burn through launch ready boxes and being frustrated after.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
You are using the same method as me, except that I did not stumble on even 1 PEB! Out of the 30 boxes I got 1 main stabilser and the rest... Rubbish!

Not even an incentive... :mad::mad::mad: At least let me have just 1 bite off the carrot.

(##"$@'*¿'¡?@$@)³³G! o_O
But how long of a period? 30 in one day is a lot. If you have a bad streak, you shouldnt collect more than 4 or 5 times a day, which would only let you consume 10 or so. LFT, MS, and PEB reset my count.

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Yes there is a lag when it comes to opening boxes as well. As for you @Tsudaira , getting a PEB a day is quite fortunate.....that's not usual in these parts as far as I know. However, I have seen a wide variation in the RNG (Random Number Generator) of some players. There have been times where two players have completely different outcomes while doing an event. Some players dont need bonuses at all, while others fail an event while using multiple bonuses. It's all about the RNG at the end of the day, and with launch boxes, you will receive no help if your RNG is crappy

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
03lfcvfq
Username
Ariadust
Hehe, ofc there are days where I get nothing at all, where I even hope for SFT as I always lack those but only get Solid fuel that will never see it in time to be added more than once to a launch. But these couple of days have given me a pretty nice outcome, though I always tend to watch my usage for those periods of drought

Yes there is a lag when it comes to opening boxes as well. As for you @Tsudaira , getting a PEB a day is quite fortunate.....that's not usual in these parts as far as I know. However, I have seen a wide variation in the RNG (Random Number Generator) of some players. There have been times where two players have completely different outcomes while doing an event. Some players dont need bonuses at all, while others fail an event while using multiple bonuses. It's all about the RNG at the end of the day, and with launch boxes, you will receive no help if your RNG is crappy
Well my RNG today is CRAPPY! 48 flights to Excavation Ancient Rome, with dice 5 chests!!!

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
Well my RNG today is CRAPPY! 48 flights to Excavation Ancient Rome, with dice 5 chests!!!
I'm trying to avoid getting into the flight drops discussion, because we will quickly get off topic. I'm having a similar issue with some of the flights I'm flying. However, I dont see a change coming in that dept, so I dont discuss it. I just have to keep flying and hope for the best

volly

150+ Star Club
I think any "trick" to get PEBs is rubbish and I will tell you why: My guess on how it works (bringing in my coding experience here) in the code there is a simple random select a number from a range function. Say 1 to 100. If the number is say 1 or 2 that comes up, then a PEB drops. 3 through 7 is a large drop tank and so on. Anything else from 3 to 100 and it doesn't drop a PEB. It would then make it easy for the dev to make adjustments on the drop rates. So, trying to time when you open the chest or doing other actions first - will make no difference.
The experience of you get more at certain times - that is just pure chance. If you take a LARGE sample (like 1000 chest) on how many PEBs you receive and compare with others getting the same sample size, you will start to see just how often you really get them. You will also see everyone else gets them at the same rate.

FlyingFalcon

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04vyyq0j
Username
Ben
I just wish they would take the solid fuel out of the launch ready kits. We can produce those in and you only use 1 or 2 max in any given launch so we all have 100 of them in our warehouses. It's a wasted launch kit when you get those. If they would eliminate the SF it would bump the chances up on the other items a little bit anyway.

Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
03f21qwp
Username
Therkyn
Dont save launch ready chest daily open it during the week you will get more PEB.
Last year in Jan i saved 250 launch ready when i open it i got 9 PEB so be happy.
So... this is a weekend versus weekday suggestion? Of course logically it all is subject to the RNG, but I like the chance that the RNG is linked to total boxes being opened that day... even if I could find no coding way to design the system... well, ok, daily max PEBs... nevermind, I can think of how to code that. -t

Navigata07

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04fidhw4
Username
Navigata07
I think any "trick" to get PEBs is rubbish and I will tell you why: My guess on how it works (bringing in my coding experience here) in the code there is a simple random select a number from a range function. Say 1 to 100. If the number is say 1 or 2 that comes up, then a PEB drops. 3 through 7 is a large drop tank and so on. Anything else from 3 to 100 and it doesn't drop a PEB. It would then make it easy for the dev to make adjustments on the drop rates. So, trying to time when you open the chest or doing other actions first - will make no difference.
The experience of you get more at certain times - that is just pure chance. If you take a LARGE sample (like 1000 chest) on how many PEBs you receive and compare with others getting the same sample size, you will start to see just how often you really get them. You will also see everyone else gets them at the same rate.
I do believe that there really isnt any trick...just as you said. I've heard people saying if you turn off your phone or internet signal, the rates go up. That is definitely rubbish. The only thing I think is that each kit is RNG instead of being pre-determined ahead of time. In other words, if you got the privilege of re-opening the same kit twice, you wouldn't get the same item each time. I feel like that is even easier, because then it would basically be like rolling a dice each time, and the numbers you stated earlier would occur as soon as a kit is activated. I believe this mainly because of how the drops for flights are done. Remember, you can use a bonus on a flight even after the flight is completed, because the item isnt selected until you click on the completed flight. If thats how its done for flights, I wouldn't see it being different for kits. Just my 7 cents

Top Bottom