Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Launch procedures

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
Can I just point out I know a lot of players are eager to complete this ,, But some of us do tthis many launches daily every week ..We have certain unwritten rules please try and stick to them I don’t mind anyone joining my launches but please try and consider everyone and not just yourselves .... josh-70

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
Can I just point out I know a lot of players are eager to complete this ,, But some of us do tthis many launches daily every week ..We have certain unwritten rules please try and stick to them I don’t mind anyone joining my launches but please try and consider everyone and not just yourselves .... josh-70
There’s no way possible for me to complete this event, but I am interested in the unwritten rules. I'm not sure if you are referring to the 576 rule of launching or something else. I was able to participate in my first QL party yesterday and it seemed as if players were somewhat taking turns to get lead positions...however it was totally random.. it seemed fair but again random. Is there a rule for that? However, I think it would be good to share a little more info with us that are new to this.

Winitall63

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
Winitall63
Username
Winitall63
There’s no way possible for me to complete this event, but I am interested in the unwritten rules. I'm not sure if you are referring to the 576 rule of launching or something else. I was able to participate in my first QL party yesterday and it seemed as if players were somewhat taking turns to get lead positions...however it was totally random.. it seemed fair but again random. Is there a rule for that? However, I think it would be good to share a little more info with us that are new to this.

There is the 576 rule, and also never lift in a ql party unless there are 3 ql on board. The launch initiator is the only person to lift short of 3 ql's

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
There is the 576 rule, and also never lift in a ql party unless there are 3 ql on board. The launch initiator is the only person to lift short of 3 ql's
Thank you. That’s good to know @Winitall63. Too bad these rules aren’t posted to stay at the beginning on the space launch thread for everyone to see. I know a lot will see this thread, but not enough.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
If 576 points as been put in by the captain please don’t overtake ... Uou will be considered a hijacker and most probably removed , You might get 1st place in that launch but you will probably be deleted ... on the chats I’m in we all usually delete the hijackers even if we weren’t in the launch ...Also if you join the major launches we wait for 3qls .. The reason is we launch quick 14 mins might be good for some but slow too others But st the end of the day you don’t have to join these launches if you don’t like our rules .. I’m hoping that this type. Of event is going to become regular

Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04b4mozo
Username
matt
If 576 points as been put in by the captain please don’t overtake ... Uou will be considered a hijacker and most probably removed , You might get 1st place in that launch but you will probably be deleted ... on the chats I’m in we all usually delete the hijackers even if we weren’t in the launch ...Also if you join the major launches we wait for 3qls .. The reason is we launch quick 14 mins might be good for some but slow too others But st the end of the day you don’t have to join these launches if you don’t like our rules .. I’m hoping that this type. Of event is going to become regular
Thank ya sir, good info to know!

dtaylor1972

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
04egjq35
Username
dtaylor1972
thats good to know about Ql,s
however i was overtaken by a ql the other day, didnt bother me too much

coz they help me out
is thaat a rule too, that you can overtake, just because you have a ql

No...most follow the 576 rule as he put it. First to 576 is captain, and thou shall not pass unless they say so.

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
576 ql or not you should not get overtaken ... But if there’s 3 qls in you are expected to add not just stick at 576 ...These rules must sound harsh to some but these rules stop the launches becoming a free for all ... If you are lucky enough to have aj Hans the best darek Rosen in your neighbours list among many others you will see how quick they launch ...

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
576 ql or not you should not get overtaken ... But if there’s 3 qls in you are expected to add not just stick at 576 ...These rules must sound harsh to some but these rules stop the launches becoming a free for all ... If you are lucky enough to have aj Hans the best darek Rosen in your neighbours list among many others you will see how quick they launch ...
I don’t the rules are harsh. Rules are rules and we just want to understand what they are so we don’t offend anyone and so we don’t break a rule we don’t know about.
Are you saying with or without a QL don’t overtake anyone who has began the launch unless we are told to pass? And if there are 3QL just add points if you can until it is launched?

And about the other places besides the first? I'm always in doubt because sometimes I think it is impolite to pass others that are in front of me, but then someone arrives and quickly takes 2nd or 3rd with no problems at all... then other times I try to secure the place I'm in (not first, but somewhere 2nd to 5th)and I get the feeling that I've loaded too much fuel for the situation. It's difficult to take a decision.
I think that those who are in forum for years can "read" the situation and take the best action, but for newer people, playing with this forum help only for some months, it's more difficult.

Onat42

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. iPhone
Friend Code
032zn3nz
Username
Onat42
And about the other places besides the first? I'm always in doubt because sometimes I think it is impolite to pass others that are in front of me, but then someone arrives and quickly takes 2nd or 3rd with no problems at all... then other times I try to secure the place I'm in (not first, but somewhere 2nd to 5th)and I get the feeling that I've loaded too much fuel for the situation. It's difficult to take a decision.
I think that those who are in forum for years can "read" the situation and take the best action, but for newer people, playing with this forum help only for some months, it's more difficult.
jup, its hard to read whats okay and what not (beside from #1)
especially atm Im really in doubt joined 3-4 of that fast QLs but I ususally can only add 96 points atm since I ran out of everything larger than the 12/24 point supplies.

jup, its hard to read whats okay and what not (beside from #1)
especially atm Im really in doubt joined 3-4 of that fast QLs but I ususally can only add 96 points atm since I ran out of everything larger than the 12/24 point supplies.
In your case I think that it's ok, people won't bother if you go in with few points

Device
  1. iPad
  2. iPhone
Friend Code
Planespotter85
Username
Josh-70
We’ve all been there just starting out not many points , don’t worry just join when you can and add when you are able

Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Friend Code
04lqfz9d
Username
LordHobo
It would be nice if they implement feature of launch lobby where people can chat related. I had a experience of hijacking someone's launch by adding 1500 points under 5 mins, I was new to this and I got booted, lesson learnt.

Jgm85

1500+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Android
Friend Code
af40w2p (old) 04HBT2AFX (current)
Username
jgm85
Can someone post all the known "unwritten rules"? I would like to educate myself more as I don't want to risk being considered a bad neighbor simply because I didn't know something.

1.1st person to put 576 points has staked their claim on 1st - if you jump over them you are considered as hijacking. (which may result in being kicked out of launched and deleted from that persons neighbours list)
2. If you are 1st, then please add at least 40pts every time you can - exception is when getting close to lifting and less than 3qls on board.
3. If less than 3qls then most will let the initiator lift the launch.
4. I would say all positions below 1st are free to fight for (I know 1 or 2 initiators don't play that way but most accept anything under 1st is free to fight for, but take note of point 3)
5. Please wait at least 10-15min for a 3rd ql - adding too much too quickly may result in some players kicking you from the launch.

Most follow these unwritten (well written now :) ) rules, and the main reason is for collective prosperity. As people take turns of getting 1sts, and higher players generally are ok with 2nd/3rd to help lower players grow. There are a few who do not follow, but much less nowadays (in my launching anyway). The aim of these 'rules' is to help us all in the long run, also makes the game more fun when launching and growing your city. Also for those with limited resources, it is okay to sit back and take lower positions, if you are in launches with those who josh mentioned there are enough of us to help those going for 1st if you have limited fuel to add.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
uhm, that's not the rules I know. 576 points (every item once) is going for 2nd/3rd. Going for first is 9XX points (every item once, PEB twice). If the person with 5XX points is not putting second PEB within minute, he's clearly not going after 1st.

1st places puts ~1000, 2nd & 3rd put 576 each for another ~1000 and the remaining ~1000 comes from other people doing 96 each.

Those are the rules for intensive launches with several QLs that don't stay open longer than few minutes, so you don't get chance to put more than 2-3 LFTs. Dunno about 24h ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom