Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Last words

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
All of the Player's that were banned were using reset bug or Backup restore to fly more passengers than what they actually flied(Ask any player who was banned this time).
There still are Player's who are currently using it and more things needs to be done for making it Fair play for everyone but I hope this is first of many steps by GI.
Exactly. My point is that handling a system feature is responsibility of the developer, not the user to know to not use it. Rules should be known beforehand, not applied retroactively. (I'm talking about the reset button, reverting saves is definitely cheating - although it still happens even without user wanting it and an online game should have no problems with handling that. My game routinely crashes first thing in the morning, and I have to keep in mind to NOT click the planes for first few minutes or they'll count twice.)

Bob1977

700+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
  2. Windows PC
Username
d751
I have to agree, the thread is too long for a couple of last words. :)
So I'll be short.
I thank GI for this marvelous game I spent 42 months in. (y)
I thank GI for unhooking me from the game by blocking. (y)
And I'm most grateful to members of this forum for bringing the whole new dimension of interest to the game, especially @rocky and the Great Team he gathered. :love::love::love:
Looking back I must say it was fun even when it seemed sometimes it wasn't. :D
No regrets, real life awaits. :cool:

KingKong

1000+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
  2. Windows PC
Username
King- item needed
I have to agree, the thread is too long for a couple of last words. :)
So I'll be short.
I thank GI for this marvelous game I spent 42 months in. (y)
I thank GI for unhooking me from the game by blocking. (y)
And I'm most grateful to members of this forum for bringing the whole new dimension of interest to the game, especially @rocky and the Great Team he gathered. :love::love::love:
Looking back I must say it was fun even when it seemed sometimes it wasn't. :D
No regrets, real life awaits. :cool:
Maybe this is the only way people like us will leave/(be removed from) this game. Like you too I'll accept a game ban happily without any issue...in fact that will be good riddance because I don't see myself quiting this awesome game no matter what's the reason.

Good Bye Mate! Best of Luck!
Old Memories.

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
What I am saying is that tomorrow GI may declare that losing game progress is game feature and our backup is "unfair advantage" over players who don't have backup.

That does not make sense since they have always restored games that lose progress when they were able to --- Many people backup their entire hard drives which includes any and all games and GI could never justify calling backing up a game 'cheating'. The time GI could not restore my game (about 2 years ago) I had a backup I restored and GI sent me all the items I lost since the backup to the current time (thanks to players that could see my game and took screen shots of all of my buildings plus all the receipts I had for greenie purchases - all $580. worth which caused me to re-access my game playing budget ) GI had no issue of restoring a crashed game --- it is those that use it to cheat that there is an issue with.

A few months ago I was not flying planes because my game was on a Windows 8.1 laptop and I could not update or visit neighbors although I could send and receive gifts and launch and join rockets. When my HD crashed and a friend gave me a windows 10 desktop, I had GI restore my game to the desktop and started playing again. I was not banned, had no action taken against me by GI, and would have happily continued playing a non-upgraded game if the HD on my laptop had not crashed. If anyone calls me a cheater because I was MIA for awhile, they have been smoking too much dope or something --- I have the emails to and from GI when they were in the process of restoring my game --- I had a helicopter update issue they solved for me so it took a few emails to get that straightened out.

It's something people are defending the cheaters that were rightfully banned (calling them "innocent victims") and then turn right around and falsely accuse someone who was not banned and has never cheated a "cheater". (I see two real life cheaters who deny their cheating calling me a cheater on this thread - SMH)

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

Your request (#8318573) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff. Normally we come up with a reply within 24 hours.

In the meantime, please feel free to check our Support Help Center at http://www.game-insight.com/en/support for a possible solution.

Mar 22, 02:14 EET

Hello, My hard drive crashed on my old computer windows 8.1 with game code 20jei2c9 I now have a new computer with windows 10 and would like you to restore my game from my old computer (20jei2c9) to this computer - I have played it to level 3 and it now has game code 20ae820g. Thank you! :)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
What I am saying is that tomorrow GI may declare that losing game progress is game feature and our backup is "unfair advantage" over players who don't have backup.

That does not make sense since they have always restored games that lose progress when they were able to --- Many people backup their entire hard drives which includes any and all games and GI could never justify calling backing up a game 'cheating'. The time GI could not restore my game (about 2 years ago) I had a backup I restored and GI sent me all the items I lost since the backup to the current time (thanks to players that could see my game and took screen shots of all of my buildings plus all the receipts I had for greenie purchases - all $580. worth which caused me to re-access my game playing budget ) GI had no issue of restoring a crashed game --- it is those that use it to cheat that there is an issue with.

A few months ago I was not flying planes because my game was on a Windows 8.1 laptop and I could not update or visit neighbors although I could send and receive gifts and launch and join rockets. When my HD crashed and a friend gave me a windows 10 desktop, I had GI restore my game to the desktop and started playing again. I was not banned, had no action taken against me by GI, and would have happily continued playing a non-upgraded game if the HD on my laptop had not crashed. If anyone calls me a cheater because I was MIA for awhile, they have been smoking too much dope or something --- I have the emails to and from GI when they were in the process of restoring my game --- I had a helicopter update issue they solved for me so it took a few emails to get that straightened out.

It's something people are defending the cheaters that were rightfully banned (calling them "innocent victims") and then turn right around and falsely accuse someone who was not banned and has never cheated a "cheater". (I see two real life cheaters who deny their cheating calling me a cheater on this thread - SMH)

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

Your request (#8318573) has been received, and is being reviewed by our support staff. Normally we come up with a reply within 24 hours.

In the meantime, please feel free to check our Support Help Center at http://www.game-insight.com/en/support for a possible solution.

Mar 22, 02:14 EET

Hello, My hard drive crashed on my old computer windows 8.1 with game code 20jei2c9 I now have a new computer with windows 10 and would like you to restore my game from my old computer (20jei2c9) to this computer - I have played it to level 3 and it now has game code 20ae820g. Thank you! :)

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
Agent_L said:
But you're a cheater too. You backup your game, that's "unfair advantage" over honest players who don't. You deserve no sympathy.

I don't accuse you of cheating. I also backup my game and I don't consider that cheating.

The problem is not players doing things, it's GI retroactively declaring that doing it was bannable.

You called me a cheater because I backed up my game - backing up the game is not cheating, it is those who use the backup for other purposes besides restoring a crashed game that are the cheaters. Considering my alliance barely made the top 1,500 last week (thanks to the new event, we may break the top 1,000 this week) and I only get in the top 20 with my condors because I fly all six of them - and only the top 20 in a good week at a lucky choice of a destination plus I never make the top 100 in a rocket launch, I think if I were a low life scum bag cheater, I could do better than that.

You called me a cheater because I backed up my game - backing up the game is not cheating, it is those who use the backup for other purposes besides restoring a crashed game that are the cheaters. .

You have misinterpreted the language used. @Agent_L was not actually accusing you, just using your situation to highlight the weaknesses in many of the arguments put forward.

I don't accuse you of cheating. I also backup my game and I don't consider that cheating.

The first post was tongue in cheek and an example of what someone might say, based on some of the other ill informed accusations made in here or, based on the blanket bans that GI have used in this case blocking so many people and using a very loose analogy to justify the sudden move to act now when they’ve (a) known about the issues for a very long time and (b) not fixed their own coding to stop the bugs from being taken advantage of. You would think it was in their own best interest to fix the bugs and let them keep playing (possibly with some sort of sanctions) and spending!

Last edited:

Dem

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Android
Username
Trix
I've been to the grocery store yesterday, and the bananas were so easy to steal without anyone noticing, I had to do that. Once they were in my bag, I had an advantage and it was store owner's problem not mine. It is my bag, and I can put as many bananas into it for free whenever I want for as often as I want. Owner should fix his security cameras or hire the security guys to check everyone's bags upon exiting — he shouldn't blame people like me. If I know how to steal bananas without being caught, then it is my absolute right to steal them.

I'm sorry, that's how it sounds to me.
Good luck.

ROFL

Free2Play

VIP Flyer
Former AC Developer
Device
  1. iPhone
You have misinterpreted the language used. @Agent_L was not actually accusing you, just using your situation to highlight the weaknesses in many of the arguments put forward.

The first post was tongue in cheek and an example of what someone might say, based on some of the other ill informed accusations made in here or, based on the blanket bans that GI have used in this case blocking so many people and using a very loose analogy to justify the sudden move to act now when they’ve (a) known about the issues for a very long time and (b) not fixed their own coding to stop the bugs from being taken advantage of. You would think it was in their own best interest to fix the bugs and let them keep playing (possibly with some sort of sanctions) and spending!

Blocking so many people is a slight exaggeration. The recent ban wave that we did manually after carefully investigating each profile was applied to only about 40 players out of six figure number of daily Airport City mobile players. This of course doesn't include thousands of profiles our fully automated systems ban daily based on easy to check things.

We're always fixing the exploits from being taken advantage of as soon as we get to know how to do it properly, but it takes time. After that there might be the time for forgiveness, second chances, and all that.

Blocking so many people is a slight exaggeration. The recent ban wave that we did manually after carefully investigating each profile was applied to only about 40 players out of six figure number of daily Airport City mobile players. This of course doesn't include thousands of profiles our fully automated systems ban daily based on easy to check things.

We're always fixing the exploits from being taken advantage of as soon as we get to know how to do it properly, but it takes time. After that there might be the time for forgiveness, second chances, and all that.
My apologies, it’s been a huge issue and had people firing off at each other which only escalates tensions and leads to exaggerated comments.
I’m absolutely for putting steps in place. I have my issues with some of the ways GI goes about things but more often than not I like what you’re doing with the game. I very much appreciate you coming in here and communicating with us.

It is extremely frustrating that the 2 biggest corrupt players are still going about their tricks. Also frustrating is your automated system that has been blocking people’s games erroneously for years for alleged time traveling. Sure, some people do it, but I’ve been blocked about 10 times, 3 times in the last 2 months, without going anywhere.

Cheers

JayBee

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. iPad
Friend Code
03be7pmi
Username
JayJay(+urgent item needs)
My apologies, it’s been a huge issue and had people firing off at each other which only escalates tensions and leads to exaggerated comments.
I’m absolutely for putting steps in place. I have my issues with some of the ways GI goes about things but more often than not I like what you’re doing with the game. I very much appreciate you coming in here and communicating with us.

It is extremely frustrating that the 2 biggest corrupt players are still going about their tricks. Also frustrating is your automated system that has been blocking people’s games erroneously for years for alleged time traveling. Sure, some people do it, but I’ve been blocked about 10 times, 3 times in the last 2 months, without going anywhere.

Cheers
I must admit the time traveler block is quite annoying. Out of the 5 games I play, 3 have been blocked at least 1-3 times each in 2018. I just got 1unblocked a few minutes ago in fact. The part I don’t understand is 2 of my ipads never leave my house. Most times they are always in the same room of my house. I never change the time and 1 is solely dedicated to playing AC. I don’t do anything else with it. It is frustrating. But now I know to take a screenshot of my clock settings and copy/paste my issue along with my code and support ID. It’s usually resolved in a few hours if I catch it early in the day. Otherwise, it can take 24 hours, which means my neighbors lose out on their gifts. There has to be another way to check for people who are actually abusing the game by time traveling.

Last edited:

Blue Aero

350+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
Blue Aero
I must admit the time traveler block is quite annoying. Out of the 5 games I play, 3 have been blocked at least 1-3 times each in 2018. I just got 1unblocked a few minutes ago in fact. The part I don’t understand is 2 of my ipads never leave my house. Most times they are always in the same room of my house. I never change the time and 1 is solely dedicated to playing AC. I don’t do anything else with it. It is frustrating. But now I know to take a screenshot of my clock settings and copy/paste my issue along with my code and support ID. It’s usually resolved in a few hours if I catch it early in the day. Otherwise, it can take 24 hours, which means my neighbors lose out on their gifts. There has to be another way to check for people who are actually abusing the game by time traveling.

I had the time traveler bug three weeks in a row a couple of years ago --- GI told me to set my clock so it doesn't automatically update and since I did that, I have never had a problem since. It is frustrating and I know of several people that had quit playing because of the accusations of cheating when they got the time traveler bug. Sorry to hear it is still happening - I thought it had been fixed awhile ago.

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
backing up the game is not cheating
It's not cheating today, but it may be declared as cheating tomorrow. I was imagining that hypothetical future.
Why do I imagine that? Because using the reset button wasn't cheating yesterday, but today it suddenly is.

That does not make sense since they have always restored games that lose progress when they were able to
Yes, they are restoring. Just like they were not blocking the reset button either. They're still not blocking it AFAIK. The point is that they're OK with something and then one day they change their minds and say "you're a cheater now".

It's not the particular user action that is the issue here, it's GI's handling of an action that was not declared illegal.

Top Bottom