Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Issues While Loading the Game

When starting my pc game today it went to the splash screen and then back to the desktop. I had to try again 3 times before the game actually loaded.

Months ago I had the same issue and had to correct it by deleting/renaming some files per help I found in the forum.

Is this happening to anyone else?
I had similar problem between gamerader and gameradar2, need to have one screen name loged off, and login with the other the game would open fine

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
I too are having the same problem with my turion game and not my Okie game. Did they push another update? I have my games saved to do a reinstall if I have too but I think I will wait and see if it just a bug on GI's end.

I had this issue and for me anyway it was an issue that arose from a windows update.
The game actually initially worked but then quit. I had gotten a code from GI to reset (they got it to me in less than a day:eek:)
However when I went back to the newly installed game it again would not work just shows splash screen then closes.
So I decided to remove the windows update as that was the only change somewhat in the correct time frame.
After removing the update the game worked, put my backup local state in and it now worked.
So you might look for windows update KB3147458 and remove it. If it works for you however it may be something
that has to be repeated as windows 10 will download the update again.

Kris

150+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
wc949to
Username
Turion1973
My game is working fine now, I really don't know what was causing the problem. The only thing like wired parrot said my started after the win update.

@Wired Parrott , @crescent moon , @SactoDave , @Kris , @Akims , @LAX

here is how to change windows update, press windows key +R, type regedit, then follow the steps below

How to Change Update Option in Windows 10
At first, navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\AUOptions

Here, just change the Dword value of ‘AUoptions’ to bring your desired setting back.

Now, see the list below minutely to know hexadecimal numeric value details.

1 : Never check for updates
2 : Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
3 : Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
4 : Install updates automatically

From the below image you can get a better idea about where to change the value.

For example, if you change the DWORD(32-bit) value of AUOptions to ‘1’, the default install updates value of Windows 10 will be changed from “Install updates automatically” to “Never check for updates”.

@Wired Parrott , @crescent moon , @SactoDave , @Kris , @Akims , @LAX

here is how to change windows update, press windows key +R, type regedit, then follow the steps below

How to Change Update Option in Windows 10
At first, navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\AUOptions

Here, just change the Dword value of ‘AUoptions’ to bring your desired setting back.

Now, see the list below minutely to know hexadecimal numeric value details.

1 : Never check for updates
2 : Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
3 : Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
4 : Install updates automatically

From the below image you can get a better idea about where to change the value.

For example, if you change the DWORD(32-bit) value of AUOptions to ‘1’, the default install updates value of Windows 10 will be changed from “Install updates automatically” to “Never check for updates”.
I think I tried this quite a while ago - my "AUOptions" were set to 2. Windows 10 Home still automatically updates.

The update mentioned didn't affect my game, thank goodness!! (yet)

Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
204zj1df
Username
a jim s
Good to get confirmation that windows was the problem.

I had a terrible time all day with all of my games, and task manager was showing 100% disk usage without showing what process was causing the issue.

Anyway, the next day, my windows 8.1 finished its update and then everything ran fine again.

Top Bottom