Welcome to Airport City!

AirportCityGame.com is the Number One place to be when it comes to the hit game Airport City!

Real time chat to other players, trade items together, complete space missions, form & arrange alliances and much much more. It's all here at AirportCityGame.com

Windows Is this advice from GI Support correct?

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
I have Control Tower L9 and am trying to acquire the 4 items necessary to upgrade to L10 (Protractor, Technical Pen, Drawing Board, and T Square).

Some neighbours have sent me these items but they arrive as Fuel3. I raised this issue with GI 10 days ago. Today they gave the following reply:

Some gifts in the game are special and it's necessary to complete certain quests to make them available. These gifts have different requirements to your level of experience. It's not the mistake, it's game feature, but still thank you for your remarks!

Is this true? Does anyone know what these quests are?

I should add - I know they drop from Giant flights to Helsinki - but surely neighbours must also be able to gift....?

I am going crazy here - your advice would be most gratefully received.
Thank you.
P

Last edited:
I have Control Tower L9 and am trying to acquire the 4 items necessary to upgrade to L10 (Protractor, Technical Pen, Drawing Board, and T Square).

Some neighbours have sent me these items but they arrive as Fuel3. I raised this issue with GI 10 days ago. Today they gave the following reply:

Some gifts in the game are special and it's necessary to complete certain quests to make them available. These gifts have different requirements to your level of experience. It's not the mistake, it's game feature, but still thank you for your remarks!

Is this true? Does anyone know what these quests are?

I should add - I know they drop from Giant flights to Helsinki - but surely neighbours must also be able to gift....?

I am going crazy here - your advice would be most gratefully received.
Thank you.
P
To received CT level 10 you have to start build it and your neighbors should be same your level and have not complete build the CT level 10 then you will (not complete mean under construction) if its complete must not open it.
If you neighbors lower level you cannot send them they will received fuel 3 and the higher than you and they complete build you will receive fuel 3.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
Thank you - if I understand correctly, firstly I have to buy CT L10 for 2 million and only then can I receive 4 the relevant items as gifts?

Normally I acquire the items in advance before making the purchase.....

P

Cosmic Blue

VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows PC
Username
yarcb (windows pc)
Not quite correct

did you receive a quest to start building a L10 control tower and have building items for L10 as being giftable in your inventory.

You do not need to start building the control tower unfortunately with all the recent changes Gi has made lately, there will be issues with gifting of items. They are aware of the problem but have no major plans to repair this issue until the next major update. I understand that update will probably not be out until some time in November 2018.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
@Cosmic Blue

Thanks for your input.

In the last few minutes I received a quest to build CT L5 - which was already completed, then immediately a quest to build CT L6 - again completed immediately - same again for L7, L8, L9. These all took place some time ago - but the quests have only just arrived.

I now have a new quest to build L10.

I do not have any of the 4 items required for CT L10 in my gift list to send to others.

Perhaps now I can receive the items as gifts - perhaps a neighbour could send me T Square, Protractor, Drawing Board or Technical Pen.

Failing that, I will just fly to Helsinki.
P

Last edited:
@Cosmic Blue

Thanks for your input.

In the last few minutes I received a quest to build CT L5 - which was already completed, then immediately a quest to build CT L6 - again completed immediately - same again for L7, L8, L9. These all took place some time ago - but the quests have only just arrived.

I now have a new quest to build L10.

I do not have any of the 4 items required for CT L10 in my gift list to send to others.

Perhaps now I can receive the items as gifts - perhaps a neighbour could send me T Square, Protractor, Drawing Board or Technical Pen.

Failing that, I will just fly to Helsinki.
P
I can send Protractor so invite me if you want. My code is Xilikon too (iOS).

The building gifting etc. for a CT is the same no matter the level. So just like it was
during your previous upgrade you should have an item for the new CT as giftable
from your gift list, then when you complete it and it is built you will lose that gift.

Not sure what was going on with that quest but anytime they mention that they
are referring to the side quests that you get all the time. :cool:

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L

GI keeps changing that. At some time only your lvl mattered, now it's either "having appropriate quest opened" or "having the building under construction" or "having the building waiting for items".

Thank you - if I understand correctly, firstly I have to buy CT L10 for 2 million and only then can I receive 4 the relevant items as gifts?
Normally I acquire the items in advance before making the purchase.....
What's the point in waiting? Control Tower doesn't "stop working" or anything else. Start the construction NOW! Especially with Tower, you're supposed to start building it ASAP, as it allows for an important step up.
If you had opened the construction, you'd learn that there is "watch advertisement" button, so you can get few items per day without having to rely on random drop nor on bothering neighbours. On Windows you could watch ads like 10 times a day, so you'd get all items in mere 4 days. I don't know if it still works like that now, it certainly worked for me few months ago.

Let me say that again: There is absolutely no point in delaying the construction. The only building that it ever made sense was Repair Base long, long time ago, because since few years it still works even when under construction. You're looking for solution to a problem you have created in the first place.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
You're looking for solution to a problem you have created in the first place.
@Agent_L

Ouch!! Of course I would have started the construction. Just need 2 million coins and I'm all over it.

My (successful) strategy so far in the game has been to acquire the items I need while accumulating the required coins. When I have the coins, the building is immediately available.

Problem? No. Its just a game.
P

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
@Agent_LOuch!! Of course I would have started the construction. Just need 2 million coins and I'm all over it.
Solving problems one at a time always works : )
My (successful) strategy so far in the game has been to acquire the items I need while accumulating the required coins.
That strategy was obsoleted about a year ago when the rules of gifting were changed. Introduction of ads for Windows was the final nail in the coffin for me.
When I have the coins, the building is immediately available.
It never was "immediately". The building takes 10 days to build. Longer than it takes to watch ads for the items while it's building.
Its just a game.
Exactly. That's what GI support tried to hint you. That the purpose of this game (also, any other game and most of the life in general) is for you to figure out how things are supposed to be done.

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999

Agent_L

350+ Star Club
VIP Flyer
Device
  1. Windows Mobile
Username
Agent L
Please may I play the game the way I want to?
You can play the game any way you want.
But what you've done so far is:
- waste time of GI support person.
- waste time of your neighbors to send you gifts you can't receive
- waste time of everybody in this thread
That's not "playing the game the way you want to". That's selfishly bothering other people with a problem of your own making.

It's just a game. Glad we're agreed on that.
You keep repeating the word, but despite explanations you seem miss it's meaning. It's ok to stubbornly keep headbanging a wall but "It's just a game" is no excuse to bother people around with "why it isn't working".

pete blake

900+ Star Club
Device
  1. Windows PC
Friend Code
20uygiqm9
Username
APETE9999
You can play the game any way you want.
But what you've done so far is:
- waste time of GI support person.
- waste time of your neighbors to send you gifts you can't receive
- waste time of everybody in this thread
That's not "playing the game the way you want to". That's selfishly bothering other people with a problem of your own making.

Did you really just write that?

Yikes!
P

Top Bottom